What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Morning everyone today’s bg is 5.1 still not feeling great mum said that Newcastle said if my cough isn’t going. away they will probably want to do a bronc they said give it another week or two . Have a good day everyone

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
MrSugr still has me predicted at 40, where I've been stuck for a while.
My predicted HbA1c is now 40.5 whereas it was until recently 35 and my last actual test was 38 so there we are both in the same boat it seems.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Next case, bailiff.

Case 3046, M'Lud..drunk & merry over Xmas.

" How does the defendant plead.."
"Not guilty your Honur.."

"So be it,..Your witness, Mr Ness"

"So you claim not GUILTY, yet you were plainly observed by 'officer Dibble' to be on the streets in a merry condition, shouting out 'Merry Xmas'; to complete strangers...having been observed exiting a property where loud music and much singing could be heard"

"Further more, The officer upon detaining you, smelt Alcohol on your breath, and a distinct odours of CAKE, and observed some cake crumbs on your top.."

" i think the vernacular as you Brits say.. is BANG to RIGHTS....
I put it to you that on the night of the 25 of Dec, you did, of your own volition, partake of Alcohol, to whit several cans of Guiness, one or two Vodka and tonics AND more then one slice of sara Lee, summer fruit Gateau......

i think the evidence speaks for itself ladies & Gentleman of the Jury

No more questions your Honour...Your witness, Madame,..."

" thank you, my learned friend...
ladies & Gentlemen of the Jury, the defence has no dispute that my client was, as alleged..at the aforementioned party
So i will make this simple for everyone...Mr JJ, did you commit the acts you stand here accused of..?"

"No."

" So my M'Lud, this is clearly a mistake on the officers part,
These action as my clients states Did NOT happen...and with your indulgence i will prove it."

"Go ahead Madame Councel,, but keep to the facts, i will have none of your theatrics in MY court,
is that clear ?"

"Yes, M'Lud, crystal clear "

"Mr JJ..are you type 2 Diabetic..?"
"Yes."
" Do you self test your Blood sugar levels..?"
"Yes, Ma'am"
" and Can you tell the court what your FBG was the next Morning, after this 'Alleged' offence took place..?"

"5.6 "

"Louder, so the court can hear you "

"5.6"....(gasps from the jury as the judge slams down the Gavel..."
"M'Lud, the defence would like to enter into the court, Exhibit A..the very Glucose Meter used by my client, clearly showing the reading for the Morning of the 26th ..."..<loud talking in the court>

"ORDER. ORDER in the Court.....!!"(gavel slams repeatedly)

"After careful review of Exhibit A, i can see no evidence to support the claims against you.
Clearly there has been some mistaken, here."

"The court finds you NOT GUILTY! "

"You are free to leave, Mr JJ"

-------------------

Result...hopefully it was all the walking we did yesterday..not one taxi to anywhere...so saved money too..:D
Have a wonderful 2nd day of christmas..( Like that..Sounds much nicer then Boxing day )

You got off very lightly :) in both the court and the morning after the night before!!!

Reactions: geefull

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You got off very lightly :) in both the court and the morning after the night before!!!

Indeed i did @Debandez ..very lucky indeed..:cat:

found out after..(i was quite merry and somethings slip my mind when piddled..usually like GO HOME.,.:D)

Me and my steph (missus not too well), went.
and my brothers kids kindly arranged ubers for several parties.
ours apparently got taken by another couple.

So my steph claims i then said "No worries,, we'll run home.."

and then promptly set off at pace to begin the 1 1/2 miles home, giggling like a teenager..
(sugar rush, i think)..hope i looked like usain bolt, but more likely like rodders and delboy, in that xmas fools n horses, special a good few years back....:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

ahhh.. a happy day all round.

Last edited:
Reactions: Prem51

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning everyone today’s bg is 5.1 still not feeling great mum said that Newcastle said if my cough isn’t going. away they will probably want to do a bronc they said give it another week or two . Have a good day everyone

Good to see you back, @Ziggy2017

fingers crossed those few days until then, it all gets better for you.

have a great day too.:)

Reactions: ianpspurs

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just needs @Cumberland & Banger to show up, and then we can all stand at ease...:)

sadly for Banger my hopes are, it's just one heck of walk that poor Bangers on.:watching:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@rhubarb73 Thank you very much for your kind words. :) You make me glad I checked in this morning.

The imagery of a castle full of rooms is a good one for this morning of hard steady rain. More like the heavenly Father's house of many mansions than exploring Mistlethwaite Manor! I will pick the cosiest room and stay here with y'all.

6.5 at 9:15 this morning (7.5 on the first hand but I think something went wrong with that fingerstick. ;) )

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant fbg - looks like we all need to head to Vegas to bring down fbg plus the Rams are 12 and 3. Very tempting.
I’m a raiders girl personally - I of course picked purely on which logo I liked best many years ago when I realised Sunday nights in my house were going to be taken over by NFL :D

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@PenguinMum Thank you!

I agree, it is really hard getting back to normal after Christmas food. Yesterday I was offered a lemon bar and/or a chocolate chip cookie. I took the lemon bar and later went back for a second. Oh it was so good!

The KittenCat sends purrs and biscuits (no carbs in cat biscuits!) to Bobbie. ^. .^

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone. 4.6 for me.

My hubby is off work finally and I'm making some dishes (coleslaw, roasted radishes and low carb pumpkin loaf) to take his mom's for our Christmas dinner tonight.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.3 this morning, hey ho could be worse.
@SaskiaKC glad you are still here, "Illegitamus non carborundum" as my old gaffer would say.
What is this OMAD and what are they doing to him.

I'm glad you asked that question. :) Hopefully we will be enlightened.

Thank you for your kind words. I agree with your gaffer about not taking any carbs from any rats!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@jjraak if you find yourself feeling lost wandering around in Luigi's castle, just start singing "Good King Wenceslas" and follow the footsteps back here. I hope your good lady is feeling better today.

@Ziggy2017 and @PatsyB I hope you will both be feeling much better very soon.

@ianpspurs how about we all head to Holyhead to join @DJC3 and family for a walk on the beach, and then get on our bikes and take off for Vegas? Y'all can enjoy the Rams and Raiders, Broncos and Colts; there are some mustangs out in that area it would behoove me to see. :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@jjraak if you find yourself feeling lost wandering around in Luigi's castle, just start singing "Good King Wenceslas" and follow the footsteps back here. I hope your good lady is feeling better today.

@Ziggy2017 and @PatsyB I hope you will both be feeling much better very soon.

@ianpspurs how about we all head to Holyhead to join @DJC3 and family for a walk on the beach, and then get on our bikes and take off for Vegas? Y'all can enjoy the Rams and Raiders, Broncos and Colts; there are some mustangs out in that area it would behoove me to see. :)
Great to see that you have stayed with us - the world needs more @SaskiaKCs. Holyhead is close to my wife's Welsh roots and Holywell is a nearby village and part of this Benefice.

Last edited: