What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Goodnight everyone sleep well

Goodnight, Karen, sleep well. I feel like Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny -- I will try to get done tonight and get to bed before y'all wake up in the morning. ;)

vicareb16.jpg

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. You know you’re up way too early when you beat @Goonergal to the post :)
Only went to bed 3hrs ago but thanks to my mini me coughing constantly for the last 40 minutes we’ve decided to give up trying to get her back to sleep and get comfy on the sofa with a movie.
4.6 is my reading - took it now as the coffee is already brewing :) have a good day

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. It’s a 4.3 for me today.

Brrrr it’s cold. @Emma_369 sorry to hear about the lack of sleep. Way too cold this morning for my normal routine of lounging on sofa with the forum on waking - needed to get ready and dressed to keep warm! @DJC3 all those jumpers are coming in handy now the weathers turned: layering them today!

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
its so frustrating bubbsie these receptionists think their the drs sometimes :mad:hope you get sorted soon x
Thanks Karen...I spoke to the practice manager yesterday afternoon...they are so defensive...why not just say we are sorry...I'm with Elton John sorry does seem to be the hardest word!

Reactions: SaskiaKC

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great idea! At the moment we seem to spend our time fighting against the establishment but crossing fingers that we can have another Birmingham type of event later this year where we can join forces. We can get the PR team on board to get the publicity needed to spread the word on how this woe just works!! It's not even rocket science and mystified me why it isn't standard advice given out! Better together for sure .
There's not as much money in good standard advice...god forbid if they stopped the useless DESMOND courses...or our health care professionals promoted alternative effective ways to manage T2...profits could fall:arghh:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...up early with a stinking cold coming on (haven't had one for years)...after the recent debacle on the diabetes 'politics' front I am shattered...a little paper work...then food shopping...woke to a 5.8

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.9 today

we did get the fan bits for Mum's oven yesterday and over we went to try to fix it ;) it was a struggle to get the broken fan off because the bits were all baked together. Plus the oven is built into a unit, the glass door had to come off and it had to come out of the unit and onto the worktop to get to the back :(
mr gee did all the wrestling with the fan (strangely enough there isn't room for two humans inside the oven ;) ) whilst I helped with the door which is mostly glass and weighs an amazing amount. We did a small happy dance round the kitchen when it was done and it worked :hilarious:

glad it came yesterday because we had snow during the night and it's frosty and cold here this morning. May leave it until a bit later to go off to our volunteering today ;)

Stay warm everyone and I hope your day treats you well :)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. It’s a 4.3 for me today.

Brrrr it’s cold. @Emma_369 sorry to hear about the lack of sleep. Way too cold this morning for my normal routine of lounging on sofa with the forum on waking - needed to get ready and dressed to keep warm! @DJC3 all those jumpers are coming in handy now the weathers turned: layering them today!

Ha I knew you wouldn’t regret them