What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...posting slightly late was up at 07:30..but have been busy feeding the dog...letting the cat in & out (several times)...I may finally get to have second coffee now I've made space on the DVD player for the cat to sit on...don't like him sitting there but after he complained repeatedly I've accommodated him...that done he's now changed his mind & is sprawled on the radiator cover...ooh!...woke to a 5.9

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning a 7.2 for me. But not bad considering the husband was looking after me as I'm unwell....so he ordered a Chinese I had the chicken from the chicken balls and a little beef chow mein. Felt so wrong but after spending the day in hospital I wasn't arguing haha...
Angi prioritise getting well first & foremost...some good food & rest is essential...I wouldn't worry about the food for now...eat what you want/need to when you're on the mend get back to diabetes management.

Reactions: AngiH

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.6 today

yesterday we got started with some tidying up in mum's garden and raked flat some mole hills :)banghead: ), then we had a bit of a bonfire, all in all it feels good to have made a little bit of progress :) Probably we'll need to split some more logs shortly too as mum has made a fair old dent in the pile we got done last time.

today looks like being a bit cooler but fairly bright so we may do a little bit more in the garden today after the Sunday meal, but then again I may just take the little dog for a walk ;)

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)
Winner is not a high enough rating for log splitting and bonfire. To add to the glossy sheen of @geefull amazeballness a nice, low fbg. How do you manage to be recognisably normal and achieve these great results?

Last edited:
Reactions: alf_Josiah

AngiH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Angi prioritise getting well first & foremost...some good food & rest is essential...I wouldn't worry about the food for now...eat what you want/need to when you're on the mend get back to diabetes management.
Thank you. This is what my hubby is trying to tell me... he's just gone food shopping and cooking me a roast chicken dinner. He said it's no good doing the keto if I'm unwell, as my health right now comes first (I'm prediabetic so not as much of a worry). But it's hard as I've changed my mindset completely to what I eat....

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you. This is what my hubby is trying to tell me... he's just gone food shopping and cooking me a roast chicken dinner. He said it's no good doing the keto if I'm unwell, as my health right now comes first (I'm prediabetic so not as much of a worry). But it's hard as I've changed my mindset completely to what I eat....
Just a small diversion from the plan Angi...good advice from your husband...it's an absolute must to get yourself well first.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good morning everyone. A 4.6 at 0700 this morning and on an uphill swing.
Bike fettling finished for now. Can’t decide whether to go out on my bike today or read my new book.
Ah well, time for a mug of tea.
Enjoy your day if you can.

Good Morening Mr Dunelm from the dark and dangerous norf, if you don't mind advice from a soft southerner who hates anything norf of Watford.
Get out on the bike, then this evening read your book. Shinny side up.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
A rushed greeting, this Morening, Mrs J has the bit between her fangs and is grumbling about me getting orf my obese posterior and doing stuff like gardening!!!

A delicate 7.2 this morning.

For Sale
One firebreathing, violent, wife. Fitted with a kill at a glance chip ( well used ), is a good cook. Very good at tenderising tough meat. Has a clean driving license and drinks alcohol once in a blue moon.
Oh almost forgot tells very blue jokes.
Pm for details.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A rushed greeting, this Morening, Mrs J has the bit between her fangs and is grumbling about me getting orf my obese posterior and doing stuff like gardening!!!

For Sale
One firebreathing, violent, wife. Fitted with a kill at a glance chip ( well used ), is a good cook. Very good at tenderising tough meat. Has a clean driving license and drinks alcohol once in a blue moon.
Pm for details.
I think you would be wise to do everything Mrs J wants today with a smile.

M

Member496333

Aye, reluctant non loser here....:D

Was pumping iron yesterday, got the weights and workbench out of hibernation from the cupboard..and I'm at the gym now as well .
.( thanks for the heads up on resistance training :) )

Liking the vision of meditating in the mist.
Most Rutger hauer like....

And All very Zen / blade runner, until your rudely interrupted by the tramp back from his morning p***..reclaming his 'Bed'...;)

Have a good un.

I staked my claim to the bench with a heap of crushed Tennents Super cans laying around by me feet. No interruptions :wacky:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JohnEGreen

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

For Sale
Pm for details.
Sorry alf, huge surplus of that model - can't give them away these days. Very popular back in the day and newer models are less reliable. @PenguinMum methinks alf and I would probably say "expletive that for a game of soldiers.

Last edited:
Reactions: dunelm

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Listen to all the sound advice and ignore keto for now. it was never intended as a chest infection cure despite some advocates claiming it can do anything and everything including enable man to live on the sea bed :angelic:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9. Actually amazed as back from 3 day in Dublin which included more carbs than I usually have! Off to the lake district for the day to finish off our mini break.

Here's my social media post from yesterday to give you a laugh:

Long walk to our plane. Ryanair flights are so cheap cos they are situated right at the end of every airport. Dublin airport is the size of a small city. So quite a long walk!!! My fireworks have gone off on my Fitbit! But boarded now. I was lacking hair rollers on the flight from Liverpool. Every other woman seemed to be wearing them. The bigger the better seems to be the case!!! Drainpipe size if you can imagine that! And eyelashes that could sweep a road without leaving a spec of dust! And the eyebrows!!! Lip fillers seem to be essential accessories these days. Thought flight back to Liverpool would be different but nope. Lots of Dublin lovlies with full makeup, rollers and accessories, all of them taking the pouting pics. 3 right in front of me. I'm going to photo bomb any second! . they seem to be flying to Liverpool for a night out. And why not. Flights costing the same as a taxi! Probably going to be the rowdiest flight I've ever been on.

PS YES IT WAS INDEED! VERY ENTERTAINING. LOTS OF SINGING INVOLVED. LOVELY TO SEE. ESPECIALLY AS ONLY A 30 MINUTE FLIGHT! GLAD IT WAS FROM DUBLIN TO LIVERPOOL AND NOT AMERICA!

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Actually amazed as back from 3 day in Dublin which included more carbs than I usually have!

My son loved his time in Dublin when he left to return to UK he ended up with not a few tears because of all the love and kindness that had been shown him in the few years he had lived there and the heartfelt wrench he felt at leaving that behind him. It is no wonder how much you you enjoy your times there with your family.:)

Though he certainty gained weight while living there.:)

Reactions: SaskiaKC

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I staked my claim to the bench with a heap of crushed Tennents Super cans laying around by me feet. No interruptions :wacky:

ah, good man.

i can see you are well versed in the Etiquette of booking the odd 'overnighter' in one of our fine municipal parks.

Most effective ruse, obviously, judging, by your lack of disturbance ...;)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

@AngiH ..CEASE & DESIST. :watching:
every body is RIGHT.

One does not rearrange the furniture when the house is on fire and people in danger..
One prioritises.....Get Better..:nurse:......THEN deal with other issues.

Get better soon.:)

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all,
4.1 for me.

Weight loss this week was bigger than last week (I still have a ways to go),
it was 2.2 lbs (.99 kg),
giving a total loss so far of 91.19 lbs (41.3 kg or 6 stone 7.19)
I've now lost over 1/3 of my starting weight and 12 1/2" off my waist.

Weather here in Toronto is very windy and rainy. We still have a lot of snow so it will probably get quite sloppy as we're getting a thaw (followed by more snow next week). Some areas are going to be getting snow or worse freezing rain so we're lucky. All these freeze/thaw cycles are very hard on the roads and we have lots of potholes this year - the other day, 4 cars were badly damaged by a deep pothole on one of the expressways. Road crews are trying to keep up with filling them in but so far, Mother Nature is winning.

Last edited: