What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all, haven’t been on this thread as much recently. Today was a 9.7 - I still struggle to get below 8/9 in the mornings.

Had my hba1c back yesterday and now 59 - down from 103 :). I know it’s still too high, but was very happy with how the insulin has clearly helped me :). Next stop is to get it down below the 48 mark!

Hope everyone is doing OK!
Excellent reduction! Well done

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
A belated good morning from a chilly County Durham, a 5.1 greeted me today, which is nice. Was supposed to be a witness in a court case yesterday, but the accused decided to plead guilty, so an unscheduled day off, again which was nice. only two hypos yesterday so things are starting to come together.

Take care everyone.

West335

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Really gutted mine was 8.2 on waking. The only thing I did differently was drank a glass of pepsi max as it was my friends daughters birthday. Done a little research and from what I can see 'no sugar' drinks can have an affect on blood glucose for some type 2s. Just letting everyone know, be careful what you're drinking, even if it is zero sugar/carbs. I'll check again when my fast is about to end. Not touching that again

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning folks, especially those with fully functioning accents. I left South Yorkshire when I was 13 years old so my accent is usually stored in a shoe box and only comes out when visiting relatives - ehh bai gum! The rest of the time, I do a fair impersonation of nothing in particular.

My husband is a Yorkshireman. I couldn’t understand a word he said when we first met so I just used to smile politely and hope he’d go away. However he took the smiles as sign of encouragement and thought ‘I’m in there’ - the rest is history!
(When he goes back to Yorkshire now they think he ‘talks posh’)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My husband is a Yorkshireman. I couldn’t understand a word he said when we first met so I just used to smile politely and hope he’d go away. However he took the smiles as sign of encouragement and thought ‘I’m in there’ - the rest is history!
Made me laugh DJC...thank goodness for his optimism.

Reactions: DJC3

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...a full on snot fest this morning...my voice sounds like I'm speaking from a gravel pit...apart from those two issues I feel reasonably well...lots of good comfort food today...the chicken stew ( I may go mad & include some dumplings) will be on the stove shortly...heating is going on...I have a friend over from Barbados who's visiting this weekend...I'm loathe to cancel it so after my shower the Vics Vapor Rub is coming out...woke to a 6.3 which given the circumstances is okay.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I was born in Liverpool then moved to Devon where my mother's family came from so ended up with a some what mixed up accent though having moved about a lot I seem to have picked up various linguistic variances.

My dad came from Rothbury in Northumberland but every one called him scouse as he gained a Liverpool accent when we lived there though he could just as easily switch to a broad Northumbrian brouge when he did I could barely understand him.

Judith's God mother was Ethel Fisher MBE Who used to write poems and broacast on the radio in the cumbrian dialect some times I also found it a little difficult to follow what she was saying.

https://www.whitehavennews.co.uk/news/17108974.how-ethel-90-kept-her-royal-promise/

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.4 today, bit of frost on the roofs.

We looking out the same window, @philchap1 . .. o_O

@Bubbsie ..get well soon.
@DJC3 .. now thats why men n women misunderstand each other..it seems an obvious NO from you ..but we men know feint heart never won a fair maiden..as he proves .;)

Ouch n hugs to @West335 @Aethalides
Btw welcome to the thread.

Brilliant results @SB.25 .

Bonus day off = WIN @johnpol :D

And @True Blue ..I hear that re beers
Had family have issues, so know a good bit.

Weirdly pre DX..I liked a beer but had actually cut down and only had one or two cans a night, which technically still made me a functioning alcoholic by definition ..

( I wonder if many realise how close to the definition of alky so many of us could be. )

So praise for honesty and recognising issue.

I went cold turkey since August.
Had two dips one ... brothers funeral ...
Other ... first Xmas without him.

But I have always felt I had good control over my on/off button

Good luck finding yours.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all those late on parade this morning, but not politicians, come the revolution.....if you want to see the rest of the phrase read Douglas Adams of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy fame.

A low 5.1 greeted me this morning and then proceeded to screw up my plinky plonky session, you try reading and playing music when your blood sugars drop, mind you the bit from the opera Carmen sounded better! .

Well folks the morning is almost done here in Brexit land. Have a great day, Be nice to a traffic warden and talk to Jehovah's witnesses, that should shock them.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We looking out the same window, @philchap1 . .. o_O

@Bubbsie ..get well soon.
@DJC3 .. now thats why men n women misunderstand each other..it seems an obvious NO from you ..but we men know feint heart never won a fair maiden..as he proves .;)

Ouch n hugs to @West335 @Aethalides
Btw welcome to the thread.

Brilliant results @SB.25 .

Bonus day off = WIN @johnpol :D

And @True Blue ..I hear that re beers
Had family have issues, so know a good bit.

Weirdly pre DX..I liked a beer but had actually cut down and only had one or two cans a night, which technically still made me a functioning alcoholic by definition ..

( I wonder if many realise how close to the definition of alky so many of us could be. )

So praise for honesty and recognising issue.

I went cold turkey since August.
Had two dips one ... brothers funeral ...
Other ... first Xmas without him.

But I have always felt I had good control over my on/off button

Good luck finding yours.

Tbh we still completely misunderstand eachother half the time, even though we can understand eachother’s dialect now! Like you say it must be the male/ female interpretation, after nearly 35 years together it’s probably never going to change now.
Well done to you for recognising the drinking problem too - it’s so easy to kid yourself about it until it’s a much bigger problem. It’s an insidious drug.

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all,
4.7 today.

Got the furnace repair man coming today as it isn't reaching the heat on thermostat and mornings are chilly inside and outside. Do you still call it a boiler in the UK? (Ours is forced air natural gas, only older homes with radiators use hot water heat here - I grew up with one of those, heated with oil.)