What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
5.2 today, someone tell my body that being consistent doesn’t win it anything please. Still under the threshold so it’s not all that bad!

Have a good day all, first day of the working week for me.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning folks, especially those with fully functioning accents. I left South Yorkshire when I was 13 years old so my accent is usually stored in a shoe box and only comes out when visiting relatives - ehh bai gum! The rest of the time, I do a fair impersonation of nothing in particular.
However. I am still using the good old fashioned “stab, drip, dab, wait, read” method of taking a reading. This morning the machine bleeped and spat out a 5.6.
Apple - that tech company - not a shining example of what not to bite into if proffered by your girlfriend- are now doing books and competing with the likes of YouTube. This morning I was encouraged to download an audiobook entitled “How to Fail” by a one Elizabeth Day - no.
Have a great day if you can, download podcasts and ruin your day even further by listening to someone else drone on about all the stuff going on in their life if you can’t.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just dropping in to say morning - no fbg as left my machine at work. Hope to get my Hba1c results back today - if they’re still normal I am going to reduce testing a little as 4/5 times a day is costly when I’m repeating the same foods and seeing the same readings. My plan is I think to do a couple of days a week to check still on track but need to start having a little more faith in what I’m doing. Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday :)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all 5.2 today.
@ziggy_w I hope your bg settles down now you’ve had your tests. How long do your results usually take?
@True Blue well done for getting back on the wagon, takes great strength of character to turn your back on the demon alcohol once it’s got it’s claws in. Good luck with the yacht repairs.
Hi @Forw and welcome to this thread, one of the nicest on the forum.
@rhubarb73 not surprised there are still a few niggling after effects - it was a great achievement. Out of interest did you check your bg before and after the run?

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.3 again. Last night was too hungry and ate too much. Sigh....
@karen8967 glad you had a great first day and feeling better.
@SOPHIE2006 hug for hypo. @Forw welcome, good to have you on board.
@True Blue welcome back.
@ziggy_w quite a cocktail of scores but my money is on a great HBA1c.
@jjraak glad you are partying with the locals and what a great result!
@trick60 not in your league but we had new pillows last night!
Have a great Wed everyone. Stay wel, stay safe.

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, haven’t been on this thread as much recently. Today was a 9.7 - I still struggle to get below 8/9 in the mornings.

Had my hba1c back yesterday and now 59 - down from 103 :). I know it’s still too high, but was very happy with how the insulin has clearly helped me :). Next stop is to get it down below the 48 mark!

Hope everyone is doing OK!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@SB.25 Great news on the drop in Hba1c; @Emma_369 I'd say you should have faith in what you are doing and relax the stabbing.
5.9 for today (no likey1 bit) - 4th day well over 4 yr average. Weight and resting pulse in foothills of sub-optimal uplands - for context weight = 74.8 kgs for BMI of 22.3 and pulse =57 so no major disaster but records say sub-optimal ( phrase included just for you @PenguinMum) Being a grumpy old git I am the polar opposite to Emma in terms of trust in what I am doing.
@dunelm re accents I have on several occasions been taken as South African - bit of tension in one rugby club about those guys - my accent is pure Fenland hick IMVHO not modulated by mixing with my betters at Universities.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@SB.25 Great news on the drop in Hba1c; @Emma_369 I'd say you should have faith in what you are doing and relax the stabbing.
5.9 for today (no likey1 bit) - 4th day well over 4 yr average. Weight and resting pulse in foothills of sub-optimal uplands - for context weight = 74.8 kgs for BMI of 22.3 and pulse =57 so no major disaster but records say sub-optimal ( phrase included just for you @PenguinMum) Being a grumpy old git I am the polar opposite to Emma in terms of trust in what I am doing.
@dunelm re accents I have on several occasions been taken as South African - bit of tension in one rugby club about those guys - my accent is pure Fenland hick IMVHO not modulated by mixing with my betters at Universities.

Where is that multi purpose, all encompassing, rating when you want one.