What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Have been out all day so am late posting - was 5.0 this morning. BS has been weird all day. 4.8 two hrs after eating - so my after meal readings were lower than my morning fasting reading.

My Labrador is very relaxed and happy today as the Vet sorted his broken claw yesterday.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Back from doctor. She's very pleased. Hba1c was 5.1 and all my levels are excellent. (She told me that she wished her cholestrol was as good as mine.) She's also pleased about the weight loss and loss of inches around my waist (12 1/2" so far.)

View attachment 32366
Yeh! Congratulations Chronocle_Cat. Very Pleased for you.:)Time to treat yourself?

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all awake at this moment in time 5:34am, but not politicians.

I played games with my insulin last night to give me a reading of 7.2 so I could drive very early this morning in towards Mordor ( London ). Needs must and the devil drives, in this case me and my other me's and my mates chaos and mayhem.

Well folks have a great day, remembering this is the only we chance we have at today.
Ps Mrs J is not happy because Mrs J is the sat nag, whoops nav.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 for me. Woke up when Mr C left for work and not been able to get back to sleep. Happy though as it gives me time to catch up with the forum, I’ve not been able to pop in much as my grandchildren are staying atm so haven’t had much time ( or energy left) they are happily, still asleep now though.
@Chronicle_Cat fantastic results, your photos are reay staggering.
@alf_Josiah hope the drive isn’t too eventful, I don’t envy you ( or poor, long suffering Mrs J for that matter!)
@Krystyna23040 so glad your lab is comfy and relaxed again with his claw fixed.
@JohnEGreen Ive had to Google eFGR , so is this low result due to your predisposing conditions or drugs? Is there anything you can do to bring it up?

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Fasting blood sugars were 4.4 today.

@Chronicle_Cat -- Congrats. What a wonderful set of results and all due to your hard work.
@DJC3 -- Great fasting levels. Hope you enjoy the time with the grand kids.
@JohnEGreen -- What was your eGFR in the past? Has it changed significantly?
@MICHAELD11 -- Welcome to the thread. Great that you decided to join us.

Have a happy one, folks.

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning. Another 5.2 this morning.
@Chronicle_Cat Amazing picture. Your weight loss journey is very inspirational. It really shows what is achievable on low carb.
@Krystyna23040 Glad to hear your dog is on the mend. They are a constant source of worry but bring so much joy too.
Unfortunately work calls - would rather be out gardening but that doesn't pay the bills!!

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.0 this morning. Disappointed because I walked miles yesterday with friends and had a Greek salad for lunch, mushroom omlette for tea. Another one of D’s little mysteries!
Great scores @DJC3 and @ziggy_w FBGs of 4s are awesome.
@JohnEGreen don't know what your results mean but hope you are ok.
@alf_Josiah hope London is ready for you and yer mates.
Have a great Wed everyone. Its warming up. Stay well, stay safe.