What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 on my new sensor. Seems a tad low following my Indian restaurant dinner last night. We did walk there and back though (7k steps). And i had my usual chicken tika which doesn't spike me. Got excited when they said they do cauli rice! It came as a portion of rice....with cauliflower in. Fished it all out ;-) had half a poppadom with red onion. And we shared a bottle of wine.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
It is unanimously agreed by the Libre scanning committee that my fbg today shall be 4.7, so there. Five year evaluation over, now to deal with the next five years. Senior managers feel relationships with the community (this forum), woe and lifestyle need re-purposing somewhat. Less Fung and analysis more prayer, movement and hugs with grandchildren now I'm so old. Super salmon and avo salad Friday is a good way to start.:woot::woot: Hug for @PenguinMum and I sense @DJC3 - well she gets one like it or not just for being a good egg.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.9 today :( - I know why ..... (confession time )..... very small slice of son's takeaway pizza last night (chicken curry pizza? - new one for me) - sometimes it is so hard ...... I am fine as long as it is not in front of my nose ... then I am like a seagull :hungry: - will do better today I promise .... so far greek yoghurt and berries for brunch and salmon is for dinner and NOTHING ELSE! :rolleyes:
Cancel culture frequently butts up against habit, taste and pleasure @Mrs T 123 so move along folks, nothing to see here.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After months of not caring mine was 14 this morning. Trying to get diet and exercise sorted slowly :nailbiting:

Hug and a high four for optimism :)

breeders2.jpg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on this Lesser Festival for Benedict of Nursia. My fbg was shown as 4.4 on two different devices which scanned the libre sensor. Super salmon avo salad will do that to a body. Obviously that is fine if accurate. I would very much like to "get with" the whole LC/keto test thoroughly program but I'm missing the external validation. I need a couple of "good" A1cs and full blood counts first. A guide to why I'm like I am https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000kjrl/a-wild-year-series-1-2-the-fens - first and last 5 mins are "me"

Last edited: