What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Woke with a pounding heart after a nightmare where someone was throwing spiders at me. Surprisingly fbg was 5.4 I expected sky high.

Nightmares.... spiders, not a good combo.... and relax.

I am remembering a lot of my dreams at the moment, some of which are recurring mares and wake up sure the bad things that happened are real and the events took place 25 years ago.... not a good way to start the day.:banghead:

Reactions: DJC3

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Woke with a pounding heart after a nightmare where someone was throwing spiders at me. Surprisingly fbg was 5.4 I expected sky high.
Hug for the nightmare but winner for the bloods.

Reactions: DJC3

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Still battling bloods but today woke up to a 5.4 so yah! Trying different things usually have a handful of nuts during the day for the fibre but cut them out yesterday so wonder if these could be the problem I know carbs can easily creep up with them. Will keep off them to see if bloods continue to show better results. Stay safe folks.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.1 this morning

I need to get myself back into LC routine again been overindulging in more carbs and sweets especially at night time its combination of Christmas left over sweets/chocolate and my nemesis ^bread^ and other triggers that also get me going as well...
That sounds so like me esp with the bread .

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Still battling bloods but today woke up to a 5.4 so yah! Trying different things usually have a handful of nuts during the day for the fibre but cut them out yesterday so wonder if these could be the problem I know carbs can easily creep up with them. Will keep off them to see if bloods continue to show better results. Stay safe folks.

Thanks for the hugs and yay for the 5.4 it’s such a relief to see a number like that isn’t it?
I agree that nuts can be quite hard to portion control. Even if I weigh them out I usually eat a few from the bag while I’m dong it!!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the hugs @ziggy_w
@PenguinMum thank you too, and please accept one in return for your number this morning. I hope FIsh Finger Fursday helps to bring it down
Thank you too @hankjam I hope the weather improves for you soon.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Late again today to post... have had a hectic day with an early start. Anyway, my FBG was 5.2 today.

Again the average so far has been 5.3 but around similar time as yesterday I had the tea with inulin syrup and about the same time as yesterday BG went to higher numbers all the way to 7.3 although right now it is down to 6.

Now today is my third day in fasting and am approx 66 hours into fasting at this moment so where can the sugar come from in the blood stream - I therefore am concluding this has to do with inulin which is making liver dump stored fat into blood stream. I have now a decision to make - should I continue experimenting with inulin or stop it until 09th Feb when my HbA1C is scheduled. Decisions Decisions....

Have a wonderful rest of the day.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

Up early for an all-day Zoom workshop. Tested two times this morning (4.9 and 4.7) and am taking the arithmetic mean, which is 4.8.

Have a great day everyone.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.5 for me
Screenshot_20201210-211858_Facebook.jpg

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG 5.6 this morning.

I've raked out an old laptop which has a dicey keyboard. Should really do a repair but as this is an old windows 7 machine, hardly seems worth it. That said I've plugged in an external keyboard and seem to be good to go as a temporary measure.