What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, I see “others” here, either on or off Metformin, who’ve achieved level 5 or below and stable. Now, in my way of thinking, or on my “Earth” my plateauing in the 6s can be better. Are you saying I should be content with the Sticky-Sixes and deal with my controls?

Thank you, Ymdawd, for your rapid reply.
@Estragon. I often have 6s fasting, too. I blame the Dawn Phenomenon. It only bothers me if I don’t see lower numbers later. Or average readings during rest of day are too high.
One thing I do notice is that if I test earlier, and not wait until I am out of bed, washed and dressed and downstairs, it is usually lower. I often kick myself for forgetting to take the meter and strips with me when I climb the stairs at night, but that DP number would still happen even if I didn’t catch it on a test. Also, I don’t compare with others. We all have varying factors that will affect our BG readings.
This morning, after lie in and downstairs before breakfast mine was 6.0.

Reactions: Ymdawd and SaskiaKC

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 this morning at 6 AM. I was happy to get that number considering I ate yesterday and was expecting in late 5s or early 6s.

Then around 8 the DP kicked in and numbers went up till 7.3 before coming down and have been down for past 2 hours settled between 4.6 and 5.5. It is fasting day today so numbers must behave anyway. :)

Have a great rest of the day everyone.