What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 at 6AM and 5.1 at 8AM on finger prick. This after an eating day is a first for me. Normally after eating day it is in late 5s most of the time.

This might have to do with a minor change I applied to my eating pattern. Usually I eat about 280gms of chicken in dinner, no veggies or anything else. Yesterday however I ate 130gms of chicken and a bowl of fried okra and soya flour flat bread.

I will repeat this on next eating day which may be tomorrow or day after... we will see.

Have a lovely Sunday everyone. :)

Last edited:

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
8.6 at 0930, still fasting so almost a 3.0 increase after a 30 min run.

More testing required to see when I get to the point it starts to decrease again, I can see a CGM being to the arsenal in the next few weeks.

Reactions: hankjam

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

Late posting today. 5.2 upon waking.

After experimenting for ten days by not exercising, have gone back to using the elliptical trainer. Doesn't really seem to make much of a difference with blood sugar levels, but easier to stay within daily calorie limits.

@Lainie71 -- You are really doing well -- I am sure fbgs will keep lowering little by little if you stick with this. For me, it took about half a year to get there.
@PenguinMum -- Great fasting levels.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.4 today after the fasting day. I will break my fast today.

Just a quick update on libre2 ... I downloaded the app diabox (https://github.com/bubbledevteam/diabox/releases/download/2021.02.06/DiaBox_20210206.apk) and surprisingly it can bring the data from libre 2 directly every 1 minute and can also sync with libreview although I haven't tried that sync. It has nice user interface but does not offer capability for calibrating these readings which can only be done I think if used alongside the bubble transmitter.

Thought this might help someone.

Other than that, have a great start of the week everyone.