What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
7.2 Rubbish, again. Can’t blame Carbs, total yesterday was 30mg. No fruit. Last night baked salmon and fresh salad. Did have broken sleep, and finally got up 5am and tested just now at 6am. Going to try to extend fasting to midday. I did say try!

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
7.1 this morning. Added a couple of extra notches of insulin. Up early to get on with work, will be glad when this is finished. Wonder if study stress adds to the blood sugars? Hope everyone has a good weekend, weather seems a little brighter here in London.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.1 this morning. Added a couple of extra notches of insulin. Up early to get on with work, will be glad when this is finished. Wonder if study stress adds to the blood sugars? Hope everyone has a good weekend, weather seems a little brighter here in London.

In my limited experience, any sort of stress or anxiety raises it. Hope you finish soon.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 at 07.30AM although I am 60 hours into fasting right now.

Thing is yesterday the average was 6 again and it did go all the way to 8 at one point yesterday. I just have to keep reminding myself its either liver dump or vaccine effects are still at play... there is no other reason for higher readings... Only thing I noticed is that the BG numbers were high after I dropped my daughter to school and did not come down even after a 2+ miles walk but started coming in 5s as soon as she was back from school... surely her going to school can't be counted as stress. If it is, I dont know how it will be 4 years down the line when she goes to Uni.

Anyway its better today and am still fasting... all the way till tomorrow so it should get better.

Have a great start of the weekend everyone. :)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.9 for me
FB_IMG_1596957600451.jpg

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
In my limited experience, any sort of stress or anxiety raises it. Hope you finish soon.
Thanks for the reply. I think you are right. Not long now, as soon as I am done I am off out on my bike for a long ride. Great for stress busting and sugar busting. Hope you have a great day.

Reactions: ziggy_w and DJC3

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
6.3 at 0810 , tandoori mixed grill last night so I’ll take a slightly higher than wanted figure after a 14 hour fast.

Been for a run, 32:29 a personal best for 5km. If you had told me 4 months ago I’d be doing this I would have laughed at you .

Dropped another waist size in jeans, I now fit comfortably in 32 inch waist, I was 38 inch this time last year.

Cardboard and Sawdust as a diet , and regular exercise appears to be paying off even for an out of shape 51 year old !

Off to collect Mother’s Day cupcakes from the local café with small son for tomorrow.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cardboard and Sawdust as a diet , and regular exercise appears to be paying off even for an out of shape 51 year old !
Do you have any seasoning with that? :D
Seriuosly, though, what has changed in your diet?

Reactions: DJC3

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
Do you have any seasoning with that? :D
Seriuosly, though, what has changed in your diet?

I’ve always had a very sweet tooth , so most sugar has gone , gradually over the years I stopped having it jn tea and coffee, but since diagnosis I’ve had no treats like Lion Bars , shortcake biscuits , cake (other than a Keto cake made for me the other week) , so no usual snacky treats.

I am on a Protein shake every morning after (usually) a 14 hour fast.

Lunchtime I have granola, yoghurt and banana, the first two being low sugar versions.

Evening meal is some kind of chicken or steak or salmon with root veggie (fake) chips.

No snacking.

I allow myself the occasional treat after an evening meal for sanity , and we’ve discovered by using a BG meter off Amazon which of my favourite take-aways work for me.

I concede this is not as hard as some people have to do it, so I am aware there is an element of luck to this.

My understanding is diet, fasting and exercise in that order affect BG the most , so with my limited understanding we seem to have found a solution that works.

I aim to be off Metformin at next GP visit or the one after if that looks like it will work.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

4.9 today. Have been goofing off a bit yesterday, way too much too eat and also skipped the exercise. Can usually get away with this for one day, but not two. So, better apply some discipline today.

@HeliGary -- I'm in awe of your achievements. Well done.
@Pipp -- Glad you got a good night's sleep in last night. Great fasting levels.
@Daphne917 -- Great to see you posting on this thread. Brilliant fbgs btw.

Have a great weekend, everyone.