What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all,

4.8 upon getting up. Eating less seems to have helped.

@Freema -- Great drop in your fasting levels lately.

thank you dear Ziggy for your support, well yes , I took a whole year off but it is dangerous, because my numbers have been through the roof the whole time and I stopped measuring, but now I am back in the track again , I do know how just need to use my will as well, it really helps to be in here among all you who also need to keep your noses in the track all the time...

7.0 at 9:00 this morning

by the way have found my summer treat , an ice creme with only 3 grams of carbs and raspberry flavour , and it actually tastes really fine.. 30 kcalories all in all...

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
6.9 at 0720 today, late shift yesterday so not great with eating times.

Knee still protesting, so it’s in a stretchy knee brace for a day or two. Might try gentle run tomorrow.

Reactions: karen8967

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. My FBG has gone haywire, Swipey turned sharp left at 0600 and was 6.5 at 0730. Mr Codefree insulted me with a 7.0 repeat a 7.2.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tee 2 offered up 5.9. Records show back in the Durasic age when Stabbosaurus and Excel roamed the earth fbg average was approximately 5.31667. New Swipey tonight, this is too much of a faff. LC tabouleh (broccoli and cauliflower + >herbs and a lemony dressing) and gammon yesterday - worked well but no idea of impact as I CBA to stab pre and post meal - a tad barbaric IMHO. Hugs for fbg @PenguinMum and knee @HeliGary - great username btw!

Last edited:

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

4.9 this morning.

Have finally received a date for my first vaccination. Will be interesting to see the impact on my blood sugar levels.

@PenguinMum -- Hugs for the wonky blood sugars. Keeping fingers crossed they will normalize soon.

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
15.5 this morning. / i dont know what's gone wrong but im trying to get it down.