What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
6.1 today at 0650.

Still not running, frustrating but necessary.

Flying medical passed , discussed coming off Metformin completely with the flying doc and he is so pleased with the results (I’ve been going to him for 20 years now, so he has a complete history of me), that we both agree that this will probably be doable after next HbA1c test at GP, potentially two months away.

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
bsl 7.3 mmol/L

but didn't test to 1.35pm as hadn't been well hadn't eaten or taken meds and slept all day till 1.20pm

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
9.1 yesterday and today little under the weather ( in more ways then one with this stormy rain lol ) so maybe not feeling great is impacting on my numbers .

Reactions: karen8967

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

Haven't posted for a couple of days. Had my first shot of Biontech/Pfizer yesterday and so far, so good, a bit of a sore upper arm, but blood sugars are fine (even though they went up to about 8.0 briefly during and after vaccination, the highest they've been in the last three years -- probably due to the excitement).

5.0 the day before yesterday, 5.5 yesterday and 5.3 today.

@mojo37 and @annabell1 -- Hugs for not feeling well. Hope tomorrow will be a better day for both of you.
@HeliGary -- Congrats on passing the flying medical. Really well done and a tribute to your hard work.
@Freema -- Numbers are still looking good. Wonderful achievement. I remember back then you exercised a lot to control blood sugars. Is this the route you have chosen this time too?

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

Haven't posted for a couple of days. Had my first shot of Pfizer yesterday and so far, so good, a bit of a sore upper arm, but blood sugars are fine (even they went up to about 8.0 briefly during and after vaccination -- probably due to the excitement).

@mojo37 and @annabell1 -- Hugs for not feeling well. Hope tomorrow will be a better day for both of you.
@HeliGary -- Congrats on passing the flying medical. Really well done and a tribute to your hard work.
@Freema -- Numbers are still looking good. Wonderful achievement. I remember back then you exercised a lot to control blood sugars. Is this the route you have chosen this time too?
Good news on having the vaccination, lack of side effects and no adverse effect on sugars. Congratulations all round.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

Haven't posted for a couple of days. Had my first shot of Biontech/Pfizer yesterday and so far, so good, a bit of a sore upper arm, but blood sugars are fine (even they went up to about 8.0 briefly during and after vaccination -- probably due to the excitement).

no I don't exercise at all , but I am going to get out walking a lot now when the summer hopefully comes soon, I need to be fully vaccinated before going to fitness again, and I hope to go to Italy first this summer