What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.7 it seems I can forget about 5s now and just be grateful to be in the sticky 6s. I cant really eat any less or more LC except for Fish Finger Firsday ;) which is treat day! Hugs for the nightmare @DJC3 such an abrupt way to wake.
Keep the faith and Happy Friday, rain here, happy garden.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.7 it seems I can forget about 5s now and just be grateful to be in the sticky 6s. I cant really eat any less or more LC except for Fish Finger Firsday ;) which is treat day! Hugs for the nightmare @DJC3 such an abrupt way to wake.
Keep the faith and Happy Friday, rain here, happy garden.

Thank you, I’m sending reciprocal hugs back!

Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sun, warmth and Mk 2 Swipey claims 4.4 - 50% chance it is accurate. Hug for the ongoing knee issue @HeliGary, the nightmare @DJC3, the sticky 6s @PenguinMum and my wife for the broken ankle. I must learn where things are if not still in boxes, how the cookers work (for her, my salad comes ready to eat) what to throw in a skip without causing a divorce. Dishwasher, tumble drier ,washing machine, kettle, Nespresso, tv and sky remotes and vacuum cleaners I can use. I know where the tea is and how to make almond milk. Should make it to at least Monday.:woot:

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sun, warmth and Mk 2 Swipey claims 4.4 - 50% chance it is accurate. Hug for the ongoing knee issue @HeliGary, the nightmare @DJC3, the sticky 6s @PenguinMum and my wife for the broken ankle. I now need to figure out where things are here apart from still in boxes, how the high tech cooking gadgets work (for her, my salad comes ready to eat) and what to throw in this skip without causing a divorce. I have used the dishwasher, tumkle drier washing machine, kettle, Nespresso, tv and sky remotes and all 3 vacuum cleaners. Should make it to Monday.
Oh dear Ian big hugs to Your wife ....and you...when I broke my ankle in 2000 Mr PM confused the DW and WM and their tablets! He has since been educated.

Reactions: DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh dear Ian big hugs to Your wife ....and you...when I broke my ankle in 2000 Mr PM confused the DW and WM and their tablets! He has since been educated.
Thanks. The other ankle required a metal plate :bigtears: and I was still working but knew where everything was. This is just par for the course with the move , IMHO. Hopefully the move is a test and we'll emerge stronger. Most days are just BOHICA for me ATM. Take care.

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sun, warmth and Mk 2 Swipey claims 4.4 - 50% chance it is accurate. Hug for the ongoing knee issue @HeliGary, the nightmare @DJC3, the sticky 6s @PenguinMum and my wife for the broken ankle. I now need to figure out where things are here apart from still in boxes, how the high tech cooking gadgets work (for her, my salad comes ready to eat) and what to throw in this skip without causing a divorce. I have used the dishwasher, tumble drier ,washing machine, kettle, Nespresso, tv and sky remotes and all 3 vacuum cleaners. Should make it to Monday. I know where the tea is and how to make almond milk:woot:

Ouch! poor Julie. Hope she is up and about again soon (for both your sakes) Get well soon thoughts on their way.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

Haven't posted for a couple of days. The fasting readings for the last few days were 5.7, 5.6, 5.4, 4.9 and 4.8. Levels actually seem to be lower when I don't exercise the day before -- funny, it used to be the other way around.

@ianpspurs -- Hugs to Julie. Hope she'll be on the mend soon.
@ultradad, @Sydneyhorn, and @992947x -- Welcome to the thread.
@DJC3 -- Hugs for the nightmare and @Ryhia -- Hugs for the restless legs, sore throat and cold.
@Estragon and @mojo37 -- Good fasting levels lately. Really well done.

Last edited: