What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope the tummy is better now and feel for you with this bizarre run of higher than normal fbg. You'll be back to normal soon.
Thanks so much Ian..I wondered about taking a break from reporting FBG but I don’t think it would help and I would miss you all.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks so much Ian..I wondered about taking a break from reporting FBG but I don’t think it would help and I would miss you all.
You are welcome. I'm waiting for details of my full blood count before blundering on with P E and supplements. I left the reservation big time yesterday but did weigh 100 gms trifle at the table. My sleep score and resting pulse love the firebreak, interesting. Thinking of you and praying for you @Ryhia

Last edited:

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope you continue to post, we are with you in this so sending hugs and positive thoughts. I've found it can feel an absolute age for bloods to get back on track when something has skewed them.

Are you seeing higher bloods throughout the day or just FBGs?

Could it be covid rearing its head again?

Reactions: DJC3

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You are welcome. I'm waiting for details of my full blood count before blundering on with P E and supplements. I left the reservation big time yesterday but who weighs 100 gms trifle at the table? My sleep score and resting pulse love the firebreak, interesting. Thinking of you and prayijg for you @Ryhia
I hope your results reflect your sacrifices and am in agreement about the trifle. I’d like to think those young penalty takers went to bed after a bowl of trifle.

Reactions: ianpspurs

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope you continue to post, we are with you in this so sending hugs and positive thoughts. I've found it can feel an absolute age for bloods to get back on track when something has skewed them.

Are you seeing higher bloods throughout the day or just FBGs?

Could it be covid rearing its head again?
Thanks so much Ryhia. It is often higher in the day if I dont eat carefully and sparsely. Dont know if Covid effect but that was last Oct. I am putting off my A1c and asking for a C Peptide as I have Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency.
All your support matters a lot, thanks.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You are welcome. I'm waiting for details of my full blood count before blundering on with P E and supplements. I left the reservation big time yesterday but who weighs 100 gms trifle at the table? My sleep score and resting pulse love the firebreak, interesting. Thinking of you and prayijg for you @Ryhia
Thank you Ian, Prayers are good. Going AWOL for a meal seems to have been beneficial to you, although cold custard in any combination wouldn't be a temptation for me. Keep well and don't stray too far there are lots of dangers out there in the wild.;)

Reactions: JohnEGreen

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks so much Ryhia. It is often higher in the day if I dont eat carefully and sparsely. Dont know if Covid effect but that was last Oct. I am putting off my A1c and asking for a C Peptide as I have Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency.
All your support matters a lot, thanks.
Had to look up what EPI was - Hugs to you. I don't know, its bad enough trying to manage D without other issues pulling in other directions. I just want an easy life me! Hope you a C Peptide test gives you more information.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I really did weigh the trifle at the table - took out 2 gms to be spot on 100. Treat for Julie and 91 yo MIL who had TIA Weds/Thurs. My HbA1c was so so (in my sig). Top line cholesterol ok @4 but I need full lipids and bloods to track any damage. The supplements are designed to offset my deficient diet. On line abuse of those poor young men is a damming indictment of England 2021. Major hug for EPI - just googled that one.
Sorry to note your MILs TIA, hope she is recovering ok.

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
All,

Discussions are moving off topic. There is a full on chat post in general that you can post to if you want to go to.

Thanks

Reactions: Gannet

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.2 this morning at 6AM. Have not reported in a while, but it was plainly out of superstition... clearly it was exactly that - "a superstition" - given how the match turned out last night :(

Hope everyone has a better day today.

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
8.6 this morning and later 8.4.. I’ve been flirting with Carbostiens and need to compress my intake to being back into the Sticky Sixes. Yeah, I’m a Diabetic.