What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
LST (Liver Summer Time) is at it again ... my average reading for the day so far is 7.2 and am currently 43 hours into fasting. :banghead:

DisFanJen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning!

So 5.7 this morning.

Slightly higher than I’ve been running recently but anything from high 4s to high 5s is good in my book.

So today is vacation day. Only away for 6 days and I’ve done a few experiments to get my coping mechanisms in place for not having strict control of my carbs but even so I’m expecting a bit of fluctuation.

As long as I’m not living in double figures the whole week I’ll be happy though.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Diabetes is a funny old thing: had the worst nights sleep for a long time last night, have a day full of stress and anxiety in front of me, yet I’ve come in at 4.9 - best reading I’ve had in a while. It’s a good start to the day and I’m hoping it’s not the only high point.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 at 6AM, almost 60 hours into fasting.

@PenguinMum :
"LST strikes again" must be the headlines of our little "BBC - Bloodsugar Battling Community" :D:D.

I have been reading a bit about the impact of temperatures on BG and by the looks of it there is a correlation between high temperature and high BG...

Have a lovely day everyone. :)

Reactions: karen8967 and DJC3

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 at 6AM, almost 60 hours into fasting.

@PenguinMum :
"LST strikes again" must be the headlines of our little "BBC - Bloodsugar Battling Community" :D:D.

I have been reading a bit about the impact of temperatures on BG and by the looks of it there is a correlation between high temperature and high BG...

Have a lovely day everyone. :)
Love it …its the understanding and solidarity here that keeps us going..so thank you everyone.

Reactions: DJC3

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Diabetes is a funny old thing: had the worst nights sleep for a long time last night, have a day full of stress and anxiety in front of me, yet I’ve come in at 4.9 - best reading I’ve had in a while. It’s a good start to the day and I’m hoping it’s not the only high point.
Winner for the blood result but hugs and well wishes for what will be potentially a day of stress.

Reactions: DJC3