What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Winner for keeping on despite the sombre mood. Hope you feel better soon.
Thanks. Sombre mood is not for the bug. 2 big family issues, one seems likely to end up very sombre indeed. I made Elsie a promise, good times and bad. She seems flighty if I'm honest but I was warned.:angelic:

Last edited:

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.1:) chuffed to mint balls even though I know its the readings throughout the day that count for more . But then again I don't test before and after meals because of the cost mainly. I do test if I get a bit woozy and that usually gives me a number in the high 3's or very low 4's .

Reactions: DJC3 and karen8967

elleyouer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Welcome @diabetesknow. Most of the rest of LC has become too hideous for me to contemplate. Lord knows I've tried.
5.7 this morning but fast running out of low carb ideas. Yea I know there’s loads out there but I’m fed up with all of it. I’m sure it will pass but just to console myself I’ve just had a tin of Heinz Tomato Soup and two slices of nimble & butter which tasted amazing. Awaiting the inevitable spike as we speak!

Reactions: karen8967

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 this morning. Had a couple of difficult days, and nights without much sleep so I’ll blame it on that and move on.

Reactions: karen8967

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
6.8 - Went to bed on a 10.3, there’s absolutely no rational reason for this, other than a 4 day delay of over-carbing! Anyway, back in the 6s this morning, so I can’t complain, I guess?

Last edited:

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
2 big family issues, one seems likely to end up very sombre indeed. I made Elsie a promise, good times and bad. She seems flighty if I'm honest but I was warned.:angelic:
Oh man! This sounds serious. Big hugs.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. The 6.9 Swipey showed could be right but not due to carbs - 12 yesterday, or weight 73 kgs (22 ish bmi) and way off my 6 year average. Worst course of action would be to fast or leave Elsie. Hug for sleepless nights and difficult days @DJC3 . Obviously travelling fro East to West unless we've caught it from you.:angelic:

Reactions: DJC3

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.8 - Went to bed on a 10.3, there’s absolutely no rational reason for this, other than a 4 day delay of over-carbing! Anyway, back in the 6s this morning, so I can’t complain, I guess?
Are you sure you rinsed your hands properly last night? I find some soap traces left on my hands can impact my blood levels.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
5.2 this morning had a weird day yesterday blood sugar wise had a reasonable fbg then after my normal breakfast went to 9.2 then down to the sixes then up to 8.9 without me doing anything went on like that for the entire day. Now matter what I ate just kept bouncing between lows and highs.

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. The 6.9 Swipey showed could be right but not due to carbs - 12 yesterday, or weight 73 kgs (22 ish bmi) and way off my 6 year average. Worst course of action would be to fast or leave Elsie. Hug for sleepless nights and difficult days @DJC3 . Obviously travelling fro East to West unless we've caught it from you.:angelic:

Reciprocal Hugs for your difficult times. I hope things improve soon.