What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.2 this morning. Had a couple of difficult days, and nights without much sleep so I’ll blame it on that and move on.
Sleep, and / or lack of it is the bane of my life, too. Plays havoc with the FBG levels if I have too little, or even too much.
Hope you get some quality rest soon, @DJC3

after strange sleep pattern last night, I scored a whopping 8 at 8am. A strong cup of coffee, and 15 minutes later it was 4.8. Reckon I caught Dawn P out, and up to her mischief.

HurricaneHippo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3, happy Saturday. Hurricane Hippo Jr’s 4th Birthday today. Party for 25 kids and lots of junk food…must resist temptation!

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 6.2 on Swipey but with 91 yo MIL in hospital with pneumonia and month old grandson in hospital with Bronchiolitis, both needing oxygen, I'm escaping lightly. My already sceptical view of Elsie is reaching next level cynicism over the inability to deal with this virus but I still plan in cronometer and test. Barking mad springs to mind.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.8 hardly of any significance in view of @ianpspurs report, hugs and prayers coming your way. @DJC3 hope the difficult days and nights are over.
There are times when D is not the VIP in the room.
Thanks and :woot: for the Five Alive. Happy birthday @HurricaneHippo Jr have a great party. We have a granddaughter and DIL sharing a birthday today. Luckily, we had a party for the youngster here last week - she lives in Southampton. DIL is 5 mins walk away.

Last edited:
Reactions: elleyouer

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
Good Morning everyone!
5.4 today and very excited as my new bathroom scales are due today so my mum's antiques can be put away :)

Reactions: karen8967

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@ianpspurs Ian have you and your nearest and dearest in my thoughts and prayers.

Fbg this morning 5.6 considering bedtime reading was 9.0 thats not so bad.

@HurricaneHippo wishing junior a happy 4th Birthday and there's nothing like a houseful of kiddies running around and stuffing themselves with party foods please try to resist the temptation to emulate them.

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@ianpspurs Ian have you and your nearest and dearest in my thoughts and prayers.

@HurricaneHippo wishing junior a happy 4th Birthday and there's nothing like a houseful of kiddies running around and stuffing themselves with party foods please try to resist the temptation to emulate them.
Haha that's so true John Green, and it's also soooo difficult to throw away the wasted bits too :)

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
4.3 today. Big welsh hug for you and family ianpspurs :)
WOW!
How do you get such a great number? I've only ever once touched on a 4 (4.9) Amazing x

HurricaneHippo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Ha thank you- I’ll do my best!

Reactions: Ryhia

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.0 - ‘Nuf said….
Same for me today. 7.0.
Though the magic cup of black coffee brought it to 5.6 15 mins later. I doubt the magic trick with coffee will last though. T2 does like to throw challenges my way. ‘Still, …Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof’ …and all that, so keeping on plodding.

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
7.6 this morning. I don't deserve it the way I've been eating
We each deal with the UPs and DOWNs of this disease in the we know how…… Oh yeah, and coming here and sharing. You deserve lots and lots!