What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
5.6 this morning not feelimg very well after 3rd jab very didturbed night had to get up at 5 AM and hunt out some paracetomol.
Though so far it does not seem to have effected my blood sugar much. Even though 2 hours after the jab my level went from 5s to high 8s without eating anything as felt too sick to eat.

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
5.5 this morning was shattered last night so hit the duvet at 10:30pm. I am sure that the earlier night helps

Reactions: ziggy_w

bellapodus

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.6 this morning. Getting back to normal.
Coming towards the end of the flu (7 days) but still with a hacking cough.

Reactions: karen8967

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
so glad you’re feeling better. I have my booster on Saturday. Hope it is ok as we plan to visit in-laws Sunday…
Thank you @Marianne67
I do hope all goes well for you, and indeed anyone having their vaccine jabs. Sorry if my experience has put anyone off. I often have allergic reactions to medications, so a bit unusual, and I perhaps should not have mentioned it as I don’t want to scarecanyone off from having their jabs.

Today’s (following late lie in) fasting 8.7.

Reactions: Marianne67

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5,9 on waking but …7.6 40 mins later with no food or drink in between (Libre measurements)
Hmmm body seems confused after 8 weeks low carbs (about 70 -90 a day)
Yup, makes no sense, does it? Dawn Phenomenon, anticipates, for some of us, me included, that we are going to be having the need for an energy boost first thing. My energy burst likes a slower start. BG keeps rising until I eat, and I don’t like to eat before 11:00.

Reactions: JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Dawn Phenomenon is the result of evolution through countless generations and for the most part beyond our control and does not take into consideration our personal preferences unfortunately..

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A very nasty 8.2 at 5am again poor sleep probably impacted .

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
5.6 this morning not feelimg very well after 3rd jab very didturbed night had to get up at 5 AM and hunt out some paracetomol.
Though so far it does not seem to have effected my blood sugar much. Even though 2 hours after the jab my level went from 5s to high 8s without eating anything as felt too sick to eat.
Spoke too soon so far have had 2 reading at 9.2 today and now @ 11.9 oh dear.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the hugs and stars @ianpspurs and @mojo37 , hugs back to you mojo for the poor sleep.
Hope the 3rd jab after effects don’t last too long @JohnEGreen , looks like you’re on a bit of a roller coaster at the moment.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.8 for me
FB_IMG_1635250759221.jpg