What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 this morning, not measuring again in case if goes up. A tot of alcohol last night surely helped - but definitely not a good move in the grand scheme of things.

Last edited:
Reactions: DEBBIESCOTT and ert

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
5,9 on waking but …7.6 40 mins later with no food or drink in between (Libre measurements)
Hmmm body seems confused after 8 weeks low carbs (about 70 -90 a day)
It's called feet on the floor effect. Your liver gives you glucose to start the day. Intermittent fasting helps deplete your liver's glucose supply. You may need even fewer carbohydrates - we all have different tolerances.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings The D Massive. Not quite pure fbg but after an hrs spin session (not even a sip of water) - peaked at 150 bpm, not too shabby for a wreck - Tee 2 offered 5.4 . :meh: 37th wedding anniversary - it will never last- amazing what you end up with after "quietly" celebrating scoring a few tries:angelic: Y'all behave yourselves now.

Last edited:
Reactions: ziggy_w

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings The D Massive. Not quite pure fbg but after an hrs spin session - peaked at 150 bpm not too shabby for a wreck - Tee 2 offered 5.4 . :meh: 37th wedding anniversary - it will never last- amazing what you end up with after quietly celebrating scoring a few tries:angelic: Y'all behave yourselves now.
Congratulations for the wedding anniversary. Hope you guys are doing something nice to celebrate.

Reactions: DEBBIESCOTT

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh joy of joys . Into the 5s, just. It was 5.9 on waking. :D

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Greetings The D Massive. Not quite pure fbg but after an hrs spin session (not even a sip of water) - peaked at 150 bpm, not too shabby for a wreck - Tee 2 offered 5.4 . :meh: 37th wedding anniversary - it will never last- amazing what you end up with after "quietly" celebrating scoring a few tries:angelic: Y'all behave yourselves now.
Happy wedding anniversary

Reactions: mojo37

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy Anniversary to you both. Same years as us, sometimes seems a lifetime others its like yesterday.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy Anniversary to you both. Same years as us, sometimes seems a lifetime others its like yesterday.
Thank you. Obviously a good year. I don't know about Mr PM but people often stop us and tell me my, how well you've coped. JKP seems miffed. No idea why:angelic:

Reactions: JohnEGreen

Marianne67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Thank you @Marianne67
I do hope all goes well for you, and indeed anyone having their vaccine jabs. Sorry if my experience has put anyone off. I often have allergic reactions to medications, so a bit unusual, and I perhaps should not have mentioned it as I don’t want to scarecanyone off from having their jabs.

Today’s (following late lie in) fasting 8.7.

It’s all good, so far I had no reaction after the first two but getting flu and booster on the same day this time (first flu one) what ever happens it’s better than actually getting either in my book.