What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning after being totally wiped out yesterday (for no apparent reason) and going to bed at about the same time as I did when I was 8!

Feeling decidedly muzzy headed when I got up, but some fresh air and a high powered coffee has sorted me out (which one helped more shall be left as an exercise for the class)

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So 5.0 this morning - foolishly decided to try to see what 3/4 oz of porridge will do to me. Last time I tried I was following the advice of the DN and her Eatwell guidance, that was over 2 years ago - went up over 3 points worst number I have seen since beginning to test. All I want to do now is stick my fingers down my throat to get rid - but I won't, because I want to see if there is any improvement in my handling of pure carbs. Not holding out much hope but I will let you know later - that is of course if I remember to check my bloods. :)

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So results of porridge experiment. Out and about this morning so tested when I could.

08:24 5.4 before breakfast of 3/4 oz porridge made with water and a little cream.
09:11 9.3 surprised at the quick rise.
09:37 11.2 wah! Slightly over 1 hour later.
10.29 7.6 approx 2 hrs later
11:35 6.7 higher than it should be by now.
13:00 lunchtime 4.6 phew!

Don't think I will be repeating any time soon, been longing for porridge but was quite disappointed with the taste. Well cinnamon and apple crumble cake for the OH coming up.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

Haven't posted for four days. Fbg was 5.5 four days ago, then 5.1 three days ago, and 5.6 yesterday. Have lapsed on my exercise routine again and was a bit chicken to test this morning.

Hugs (and winners) to all who at times see wayward fasting levels, but keep on fighting the good fight.

@JohnEGreen -- Hugs for the blood sugar roller coaster -- probably not an easy feat balancing steroids and blood sugars.
@DJC3 and @PenguinMum -- Thanks for the welcome back.

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning. Happy with that as I experimented with food a bit last night.

Good fun trying to balance eating for me with feeding the underweight (and starting to look it) BlokeShape. He's a small person anyway, with correspondingly small appetite and so getting more decent food with actual nutrients into him can be a challenge.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

Haven't posted for four days. Fbg was 5.5 four days ago, then 5.1 three days ago, and 5.6 yesterday. Have lapsed on my exercise routine again and was a bit chicken to test this morning.

Hugs (and winners) to all who at times see wayward fasting levels, but keep on fighting the good fight.

I know that chicken feeling, a wayward reading affects my mood for the whole day but well done for getting back to it.
I’ve been ‘off’ for a week or so now, no idea why but like you say we just have to keep fighting the good fight.