What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Today in 2015 after 134 days my fbg was 4.8 - started at 7.1 No idea what it is today but so far 6 years of non D or even pre-D A1cs have followed so I assume I am doing something ok. The point being all you fretting over 1 or even a few higher fbgs don't sweat the small stuff. Easy for me to say? if only you knew.

Last edited:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.7 for me
FB_IMG_1636925977645.jpg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Very supportive sentiments. And your last comment underlines what you also went through - I guess?
Thanks. My "journey" has really been and inch by inch battle (are you familiar with Pacino's epic monologue?) I genuinely think that is what most here find. Read a week's posts here and tell me I'm wrong. My signature reflects a personal uneasy truce (so far) with Elsie. Long spoon to sup with the Devil and always evaluate the side effects.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.7 this morning which is welcome after my booster jab yesterday. Very sore arm this time unlike the previous two and all Pfizer. @ianpspurs very thoughtful this morning hope you are lapping up the winter rays and will it still be Super Salmon Avo salad? Happy Friday everyone.

DisFanJen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
5.5 this morning but I've had to up my insulin to compensate for what I assume are my booster Jabs screwing up my numbers.

Hopefully it's not for too long but I had my jab almost a week ago...

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
6.2 this morning. Yesterday didn't go over 6.2 and that was after a 6 mile bike ride and weights. I will get lower! have upped my intermittent fasting 16/8 in a hope it will help

BoringBrian

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Housework
5.9 this morning @ 6am.
I had my booster yesterday, no ill effects, so I’m quite happy.
My BG is gradually getting better, but it’s not as easy as it seems.
I hope to post more, as these forums have helped so much.
Thank you everyone.