What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
7.9 @ 3:30….. Bad sleeping pattern.

Have a good Thursday peoples. ;)

Reactions: karen8967

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 today - back to normal for me.

Also had a reasonable amount of sleep last night. I'll take both of those thank you metabolism!

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.2 this morning. Well, I say 'morning', I think 04:20 just about counts. I gave in and got up after laying in bed thinking 'I really could do with some more sleep' for an hour or so.

It's not even light enough to go out for a walk!
I know that feeling so many of us are struggling with poor sleep myself included in that .

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. 6.7 today so not great but have had worse. Disciplined day yesterday so clueless. Very frosty here but what a sunrise! Stay safe, stay well All.
Its frustrating when like you say you have a disciplined day and fb doesn't t reflect it .

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.5 this morning didn't bother testing yesterday because only had 2 hrs sleep .

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 on Swipey @ 4.10 am. C'mon. Diet controlled T2 doesn't need to be knowing bg at that time and extra 2 hrs sleep would do me much more good. 90+% of the time I'm only going to fast until 11.00 am and eat a fish salad as my main meal anyhow. @Widgets good news on sleep; @mojo37 hug for lack of sleep. @DEBBIESCOTT superstar for gym and I pray "they" sort your diagnosis asap because those bgs must bug you somewhat.

Last edited:

Marianne67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Oh goodness that's familiar! I'm the one around here who is notorious for never feeling the cold. Turns out that if you shift the equivalent of a couple of fur coats then heck yes you start feeling the cold! This is a definite learning curve for me, and not one I'm particularly enjoying just now.

Yup, I never used to really feel it but feel the cold now too.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All 6.5 but slept in till 0820 which is unheard of. Maybe I was a 5 at my usual time ;) @mojo37 and @Alexandra100 I bought boxes of RNLI Christmas cards with gorgeous pic of snowy puffins on a ledge, might be worth chasing for next year. Sending hug @Alexandra100 and others with poor sleep, nothing worse. To those feeling the cold since D I now need socks all the time or I get very ratty.
Have a good 23rd everyone, put D in the back seat and just stay safe and well.

tabbytwo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all from another poor sleeper 5.0 at 5.30am, 5.3 two hours later when I actually got up. Mustn't grumble though, had 2 pizza slices yesterday evening, horribly spiked at 15.1, my own fault, guess my pizza days are over :(

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.8. Oh well. Still with sticky sixes, and on target for 5s in a few weeks.
Yeah, if I could give my self an optimistic rating I would. It will happen.:)

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.1 on Swipey @ 4.10 am. C'mon. Diet controlled T2 doesn't need to be knowing bg at that time and extra 2 hrs sleep would do me much more good. 90+% of the time I'm only going to fast until 11.00 am and eat a fish salad as my main meal anyhow. @Widgets good news on sleep; @mojo37 hug for lack of sleep. @DEBBIESCOTT superstar for gym and I pray "they" sort your diagnosis asap because those bgs must bug you somewhat.
Thanks @ianpspurs, it’s really getting me down now, but after an hour on the treadmill I feel really good, hope you’re eating more than a fish salad if you keep going to the gym, I’m done with the gym for this year, pt booked 8am on Monday 3rd January, going to be local exercise until then

Reactions: Ryhia

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @ianpspurs, it’s really getting me down now, but after an hour on the treadmill I feel really good, hope you’re eating more than a fish salad if you keep going to the gym, I’m done with the gym for this year, pt booked 8am on Monday 3rd January, going to be local exercise until then
Hug for the lack of clarity getting you down but well done on the treadmill.

Last edited: