What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning
Phone Larry 5.8
Contour 4.8
B/s can rice to 9-10 (according to libre) just getting showered & dressed) so trying a tablespoon of crunchy peanut butter with my mug of tea to see if helps, walk this morning before spending the day baking, for others obviously
Have a good day everyone

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
7.2 @ 6am. I was awake from 1am till 4am, got sleepy, and went back to bed. Slept for a further 1.5 hours and then took this 7.2 reading.

And in other news, seems like the Booster-OmniCovid-Basher has delivered some noteworthy efficacy. Which is a great early Present.

tabbytwo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning, after a disciplined day yesterday my fbg has risen to 5.6 today, no rhyme or reason :(. Have a good Christmas everyone, take care xx

Reactions: karen8967

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.7, after decent night's sleep. The sleep seems to be a huge factor for me.
It is with me too lack of sleep or very poor sleep seems to affect/ effect ( never know which is the correct one ) me as much as too many carbs .

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It is with me too lack of sleep or very poor sleep seems to affect/ effect ( never know which is the correct one ) me as much as too many carbs .
Might be wrong, but I think it affects you, but the effect is higher blood sugar

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning
Phone Larry 5.8
Contour 4.8
B/s can rice to 9-10 (according to libre) just getting showered & dressed) so trying a tablespoon of crunchy peanut butter with my mug of tea to see if helps, walk this morning before spending the day baking, for others obviously
Have a good day everyone
Yes, I have found the big rise in BG just by getting up, showered and dressed and getting downstairs. Wondering if that is the universe telling me I need breakfast in bed, and be slothful, and a bit scruffy with no shower or hairbrushing. :bag::***:

Today I am hanging in there with a sticky six 6.9, only just. Will accept that, and move on.
Lots of cheese to be consumed, and by law that needs red wine, too. Or perhaps port or brandy. Starting early.
Hope everyone has a blessed time, find joy in all you do, next few days. Best wishes to all.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning, after a disciplined day yesterday my fbg has risen to 5.6 today, no rhyme or reason :(. Have a good Christmas everyone, take care xx
Still good non D number.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Slightly better reading today of 7.5 not sure if I'm going to record much over the coming week .
Stick with us.
I pledge to test and record, daily. Not truly altruistic. The benefit is all mine, so I don’t go completely off the rails.

Marianne67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
6.9 this morning, I will take that as my MIL spent £40 at her local bakers with SOOOO much carb stuff a huge 3lb pork pie, 24 mince pies, 24 sausages rolls, brownies, a huge Christmas cake and 24 bread rolls. There is only 5 of us here! I knew I would pay but I had a small slice of the pork pie with some salad and a mince pie (SOOO sweet now) Sadly she has dementia and has gone down hill this last year, so she may not have thought about what she was ordering. I think she’s forgetting how to cook as they live on jam sandwiches. Enough about that though. Onwards and downwards.

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
trying a tablespoon of crunchy peanut butter with my mug of tea to see if helps,
Peanuts have too many carbs for my diet. I really missed peanut butter until I recently discovered almond butter, which is much lower in carbs and IMO is even more delicious. I bought the Meridian brand which contains 100% nuts, unlike some that have added palm oil etc. I then discovered that Aldi do their own version also 100% almonds but about half the (steep) price. My only problem with almond butter is, how to stop at just one tea-spoonful.

Reactions: Ryhia and ianpspurs