What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning
Phone Larry 8.8
Finetest lite 8.2
Covid gone but cold symptoms lingering & blood sugar now playing up, back to climbing Everest & jumping off at the top every day then playing nice for rest of the day
Telephone call with consultant on 3rd February, hope he can figure out what’s going on, not been asked to have any blood tests so far
Have a good day everyone

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
6.9 - So, after three hours, from evening meal, I went to bed on a 8.4 and then now I tested this morning with a Sticky-Six. Gotta be good.

No complaints Tuesday!

Reactions: Ryhia and karen8967

Marianne67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Sunday 6.1
Monday 6.7
Today 8.8 bad night and late meal yesterday.
Onwards and downwards.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 8.0 but a bad night of tummy pain so to be expected. I’ll hopefully catch up on myself over the day. @manhattan Welcome to our corner. I have to be careful not to stray from thread topic but if you ditch the four starches, bread, potatoes, rice and flour based stuff (alternatives are available) you will see a big difference. Some sausages more lowcarb check packet.

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
Two readings this morning 5.7 yeah happy with that. Took another at same time with Gluco Navii 7.9. Think I will go with the lower, makes me happier

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 today ( that's possibly 6.3 in old meterage) not too bad though considering my stomach has been a bit off for the last day or so. Think the cookie dough mousse I made may have been be a bit too rich for me. Nice though.;)

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 this morning. Probably.

I have a new meter but am using up the supplies for my previous one, tested the same drop of blood on both this morning - 4.6 and 5.1, so I'll take a vague average.

Reactions: karen8967

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
4.8 this morning. Probably.

I have a new meter but am using up the supplies for my previous one, tested the same drop of blood on both this morning - 4.6 and 5.1, so I'll take a vague average.
Just out of interest what is the new meter you are using...

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just out of interest what is the new meter you are using...

It's a Sinocare Safe AQ - I got my first meter after a search on Amazon, before I found this place, but the strips are ~20p each which is OK.

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
It's a Sinocare Safe AQ - I got my first meter after a search on Amazon, before I found this place, but the strips are ~20p each which is OK.
Hia many thanks for that, I seem to be getting higher readings on the Gluco Navi. I know its normal but yesterday the Gluco Navi was 15 ahead of the older metre

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hia many thanks for that, I seem to be getting higher readings on the Gluco Navi. I know its normal but yesterday the Gluco Navi was 15 ahead of the older metre

The two readings I got were within margin of error (quick and dirty 'seems about right' calculation in my head) so I'm not too bothered by it. Not sure what units you're using there though - a difference of 15 (5 - 20) would be huge, or did you mean 1.5, which would make more sense in UK units.

Reactions: JohnEGreen

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hugs for: the cold + long wait @DEBBIESCOTT; stomach issues @PenguinMum and @Ryhia; sleep issue @Marianne67. :woot: on the Stickies @Estragon. Use my 1st 5 yr fbg ave on Stabbo, 5.5. (all Swipey for last 18 months.) Elsie HF is mostly spectacularly awful and worrying for me. A1c , <pre-D for 6.5 yrs, doesn't yet outweigh the downside risks. Big Picture appears fine so no harm done - yet :nailbiting:. Go Team D BUT your own way.

Last edited:

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Interesting as I am using the Sinocare Safe AQ - also have Tee 2 and Safe Accu glucose meters, I have found that I can interchange Tee 2 and Safe Accu as they measure about the same whilst the Safe AQ for me, definitely measures about a half point lower than I expect to see which is a little disconcerting. I would be interested to see what other people are finding so perhaps its a question for its own thread.

Hope the Sinocare AQ is accurate for you. :)

Edited to add: Just out of interest which was the lower number? Safe AQ or your other meter?

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The two readings I got were within margin of error (quick and dirty 'seems about right' calculation in my head) so I'm not too bothered by it. Not sure what units you're using there though - a difference of 15 (5 - 20) would be huge, or did you mean 1.5, which would make more sense in UK units.
Sorry half asleep! Old meter reading was 6.00 the other taken at same time was 7.8 so I really do not know which one is more reliable :rolleyes: