What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well my post yesterday was one of the ones that disappeared into a black hole. I was glad to see the back of it, to be honest, because it was one of those that disappoint.

This morning (this better not disappear) 5.7. I think that is due to it being somewhat cooler weather, more conducive to good sleep. Dreading the forecast incoming heatwave, but Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Keep well folks.:)

Reactions: RoughcutAU

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning
New libre 7.3
Contour 5.1
Larry had better get his act together & not mess up my graphs
No gym this morning, going to work early so can finish early for the weekend
Not sure if it’s going to be peloton, bike or run today yet, depends what on the weather
Have a good day everyone

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
7.2 - And last night 7.4, yup can live with these numbers, as it was following something like a plausible sleep.

OK, HBA1C yesterday, so it’ll be what it’ll be. I’ve finally got through to somebody’s attention that I want a knowledgeable Diabetic Nurse that isn’t just a Box Ticker, I want to be interviewed by an experienced, possibly a like-Diab person too, who truly understands what we all go through. Job of work to do here, I’m taking any prisoners - nah-uh! ;)

Last edited:

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.2 - And last night 7.4, yup can live with these numbers, as it was following something like a plausible sleep.

OK, HBA1C yesterday, so it’ll be what it’ll be. I’ve finally got through to somebody’s attention that I want a knowledgeable Diabetic Nurse that isn’t just a Box Ticker, I want to be interviewed by an experienced, possibly a like-Diab person too, who truly understands what we all go through. Job of work to do here, I’m taking any prisoners - nah-uh! ;)
Hope you find one, I’ve heard they’re quite rare, I used to have a brilliant community one, could ring or go to see her anytime I wanted, now I have a consultant & a proper diagnosis just been given a telephone number for a answering machine & nobody gets back to me, I’m just trying to figure it out on a daily basis

RosemaryJackson

Morning all. Did 2 readings this morning. Unbelievably, fore finger was 8.1 and middle finger was 10.1 !!! And they are next to each other! I think I've started to understand this demon, then it inravels and I'm back to square one.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
FBG 4.6 this morning following a G&T last night.
I could do with that medicine!
Also wish the black hole would swallow up the 7.4 this morning, and take the arthritic pains with it.
Tomorrow things will be better.:)

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning
Libre 6.9
Contour 5.3
Mid morning yesterday libre said 5.9, didn’t feel right & blood test confirmed 4.3
Long bike ride this morning after cooked breakfast before it gets too warm
Enjoy the weekend everyone, stay safe in this weather

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 7.6 today but woke two hours later than usual and no wine yesterday. Thats my theory anyway! Hugs to @Pipp and @RosemaryJackson for the pain and discomfort not helped by this intense heat I’m sure.