What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Overwhelmed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, rudeness
6.6 this morning . Mid 6's seem to be the norm for me . I get envious see and the much lower fbg than mine. I think I've only seen 1 reading inthe 5's since starting this journey and then I wouldn't have been eating properly and still would of have more weight on me so where am I going wrong. Mini rant over enjoy the day folks

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
I get envious see and the much lower fbg than mine.
Oo…. I know that one. Oh yes.

Mini rant over enjoy the day folks
You , and your rant, are very welcome here. Honest reactions to this condition gets me too. Sometimes I feel like crawling through razor wire. And then I hit an unusual low number patch, and I’m good to go, again.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.7 again just glad its not a 7. @Overwhelmed I feel exactly the same. I am nearly 5 years in but in the last 1-2 years my FBG is never n the 5s like it used to be in the early years and I am eating a repetition of safe meals.
i think there are dark forces at work here. Off for eye injection no 15 later!
have a good Tuesday all.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.6 this morning . Mid 6's seem to be the norm for me . I get envious see and the much lower fbg than mine. I think I've only seen 1 reading inthe 5's since starting this journey and then I wouldn't have been eating properly and still would of have more weight on me so where am I going wrong. Mini rant over enjoy the day folks
I also had 6.6, at 6:06 am. That was happy coincidence for me.
@Overwhelmed , it does us no good to make comparisons with the more successfully BG conrolled members. As long as we are seeing reductions, albeit slowly, we are also successful. Remember the fasting level is generally the last to behave, due to our livers helping us to start the day with a bit of a release of energy giving glucose.

edit: for @PenguinMum all sorts of things get in the way of fasting level control. E.g. other health conditions, medications, length of time since diagnosis, advancing age, stress, what we eat, and for the those of cetain gender, menopause. A myriad of other reasons, too. Best that we be kind to ourselves, and just do what we are able.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Overwhelmed and anyone else comparing fbgs. who is to say that given all the unique factors impacting you your fbg isn't just as stellar as you feel those you desire? For some on Sunday just finishing the London Marathon will be a miracle but an elite athlete is a whole other story.

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
This morning I had a blood test booked for 8:30 AM woke up at 8:20 so in my haste to get there did not have time to test so checked it when I got back and it was 5.8 though was still fasted but a difficult walk to the surgery and back may have made a difference but happy with that reading.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
We are here for mutual support not to compete but I do agree to a degree it can be fustrating viewing other peoples ratings.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.7 again just glad its not a 7. @Overwhelmed I feel exactly the same. I am nearly 5 years in but in the last 1-2 years my FBG is never n the 5s like it used to be in the early years and I am eating a repetition of safe meals.
i think there are dark forces at work here. Off for eye injection no 15 later!
have a good Tuesday all.
Hug is for the eye injection. Rest up later.

RoughcutAU

Fingerprick 6.3 Libre 4.9

Though probably not a real FBG as it was one of “those” nights. Pasta dinner which kicked in after midnight so sensor alarm went off - took a small correction which then plummeted me twice what it should right into hypo land. Didn’t want to over treat so just alitte carbs to get back in range then it drops again! Ugh! Yeh not a good night sleep. Much coffee will be consumed today.