What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
BG this morning was 6.2. Been eating more than is good for me or so I thought all morning and afternoon. My BG now is only 7.2 which is a complete enigma.

The only plausible conclusion i can draw is that it is not how much you eat but what you eat that raises your BG. Very annoying when all the food that I really enjoy is the stuff that sends my BG through the roof.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
That's good. Still in Nigeria enjoying the sunshine
@heavyd lucky you we've had the lot today freezing winds hail snow thunder and lightning,cannot get much worse, would love to feel the sun on my back instead of all this cold weather,stay put until later in year! But no guarantee it will get much better you know what our summers can be like! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
BG this morning was 6.2. Been eating more than is good for me or so I thought all morning and afternoon. My BG now is only 7.2 which is a complete enigma.

The only plausible conclusion i can draw is that it is not how much you eat but what you eat that raises your BG. Very annoying when all the food that I really enjoy is the stuff that sends my BG through the roof.

I know exactly what you mean, I love home made pea and ham soup but it shoots my BG through the roof! K

Reactions: HarryBeau

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@Ymdawd Yes I know that many people will describe a heavy cold as 'flu.My father died in 1963 aged 59 from a 'flu virus,so I can be a little over cautious, but as hubby is eighty this year and normally very healthy and active we were just glad he'd had the vaccine.If he takes to his bed I know he's really ill.The pharmacist assured me I was giving him all the right treatment when I went to top up supplies.Our local pharmacist is great, our surgery isn't always helpful.Apparently there are two strains of the virus this year,as you will be aware.
Hubby had a very high temperature and was delirious so quite a worry.Three weeks on he is just beginning to regain his energy and appetite,but still tires easily,but luckily no chest infection.:)
@Granny_grump_ Hope you stay well and have good news soon.
Thanks Glenmac hope your hubby carries on getting his strength back and you both stay well,I will be ok I'm sure they will be able to treat it permanently! K
My husband retired 14 years ago, and ever since then I've been the breadwinner. This meant that when I needed further qualifications in my field I had to work and study (and at my age that didn't come easy!). He was my rock, and we are most definitely a team :)
My husband retired 14 years ago, and ever since then I've been the breadwinner. This meant that when I needed further qualifications in my field I had to work and study (and at my age that didn't come easy!). He was my rock, and we are most definitely a team :)
@WuTwo I'm glad you have a good husband I too have one and we are lucky to have them, we do what it takes to make our lives a better place and I respect your hard work and your husbands support of you it wasn't a reflection on your relationship,just how we share our lives each person deals with things in their own way.! K

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

5.0 today

then it was down to 4.4 before breakfast 35 mins later, I haven't noticed having dp before but I had virtually nothing to eat after a big Sunday mid afternoon dinner yesterday, I might have some supper next time and see if keeps things more level.

Snow covering everything this morning and we have to pick up Mr gee's mum who has to be at the phlebotomists at 10.10 for her yearly blood tests to be taken, I have the opticians at 10.30 and then a hospital clinic appt at 15.00 today so it's going to be a bit of a stop start day. Stay safe everyone.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
good morning all :)

5.0 today

then it was down to 4.4 before breakfast 35 mins later, I haven't noticed having dp before but I had virtually nothing to eat after a big Sunday mid afternoon dinner yesterday, I might have some supper next time and see if keeps things more level.

Snow covering everything this morning and we have to pick up Mr gee's mum who has to be at the phlebotomists at 10.10 for her yearly blood tests to be taken, I have the opticians at 10.30 and then a hospital clinic appt at 15.00 today so it's going to be a bit of a stop start day. Stay safe everyone.
Take care when your out and about today roads not good in places! Good luck with your appointments! K