What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Excellent and thank you for the video. A rushed viewing as I was distracted but noted the keystone triangle and the stretch along the x axis.

Hmm ... just last night I was looking up "trigonometry" and for the first time learned that the "tri" part relates to triangles, it has something to do with them.

However, it's still Greek to me. ;)

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Excellent and thank you for the video. A rushed viewing as I was distracted but noted the keystone triangle and the stretch along the x axis.
When Dr Sarah Halberg said do the opposite in her famous diabetes reversal Tedx video, I have found this true for me in almost every scenario. I ignored heavy weights for years as the advice is that Type 2's with hypertensive numbers should avoid this; when I tried heavy weights I got lower blood sugars (quicker than I could with cardio) and lowered blood pressure (from 130 somethings / 78 to 120 / 72), again could be different for others. Test, test and test.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Quote for today
FB_IMG_1548502327674.jpg

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
Wow! Thanks for posting the pictures. :) I've never seen anything like that. What do the costumes represent?
Just heading to bed after a binge watch off the BBC 'Sense and Sensibility'. Thanks for your comments about the pictures. My morris side The Wild Hunt Bedlam Morris are a Border Morris side. We are a little different to the more traditional Cotswold sides with their white kit and hankies. A lot of border sides take their inspiration from pagan myths and legends and the Wild Hunt is a hunt of hounds headed by Herne the Hunter. They hunt in the woods to find the white stag. One of our members wears antlers to symbolise Herne and the rest of us, therefore, must be the hounds!

P

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks, @Providence 62 . I think I was expecting something more like the white kit and hankies! But I like your costumes better, and I have read just a little about the Wild Hunt, in Susan Cooper's The Dark Is Rising. That is the first place I ever heard of it, and there is a short bit about Herne the Hunter and about raising the Wild Hunt.

Thanks for telling me about your side.

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all, 6.3 on the dice, the daughters Dorset apple cake "mit kustard" (*Spike M) probably did for me, alledgedly sugar and dairy free and cooked with at least fifty percent almond flour, delicious nevertheless.
Have a good and for those that want it speedy week.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all, a totally not ok 13.4, I have had a bad weekend with my BS as up one minute and down the next, I think that the cold that I have had, for what feels like forever, has decided it wants to be more involved in my life!! Like an old relative who you lose contact with!! Ahh well, onwards and upwards. On a positive note Fossie Dog has settled in well in his new home, hopefully it continues, which I'm sure it will as he is such a good dog.

Take care everyone

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@johnpol take care hope it settles soon - both the cold and the bg
4.9 this am and about to rush around as off to south Birmingham for day to care for youngest son’s dog Cooper. Poor thing has had kennel cough - he’s getting better, but he’s still in quarantine so we are doing doggie day care!
Feels very cold and too early! Have a good day all whatever you’re doing this last Monday in January.