What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

@Welcome to the the forum and to the thread, @Tony222. For many of us, it took some time for fasting levels to lower -- so it just takes a little bit of patience.
@Ryhia -- Glad you seem to be feeling a bit better.
@Ymdawd -- Great to see you regularly posting on this thread again.

Didn't post yesterday (tbh, I was a little upset with myself due to slacking on the exercise, which resulted in a bit higher levels than I usually see). So, posting a 5.6 for yesterday and a 5.0 for today.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.1 this morning, won't be eating salted peanuts at 10:30pm again.

Bit deflated at present as I live in the North East so now back in lockdown.
As we are in wales its never ending !

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

@Welcome to the the forum and to the thread, @Tony222. For many of us, it took some time for fasting levels to lower -- so it just takes a little bit of patience.
@Ryhia -- Glad you seem to be feeling a bit better.
@Ymdawd -- Great to see you regularly posting on this thread again.

Didn't post yesterday (tbh, I was a little upset with myself due to slacking on the exercise, which resulted in a bit higher levels than I usually see). So, posting a 5.6 for yesterday and a 5.0 for today.
Thanks for your kind wishes, I didn't realise your envious blood levels were helped by exercise. May need to try that...

Reactions: DJC3

Oggykev

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Very high at the moment 11 to 15 metformin does nothing for me
I fell off the wagon some months ago I was so fed up with it all
Back on it so lower In a week or so I hope

Reactions: DJC3

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning, with the help of a dry white wine. Health-wise feeling good, so now effort is required to get my bloods back down to my "usual" levels during the day. Starting to wonder if there may not have been a little bit of angst in the mix. Had my dietician's appointment the other week, I was anxious over what to expect but it was quite a positive experience, she was approving of my low carb eating plan. Since then I have been waiting for the lipidologist appointment to discuss whether my high cholesterol levels are genetic or not, this came in the post yesterday so now I have a few days to wait in anxious anticipation, I see more wine on the horizon!

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all,

@Ryhia -- Your levels are always very good too. As to exercise -- I try to get in at least 30 min on the elliptical trainer at least 6 days a week Was lacking motivation early this week and only managed 3 days.
@Oggykev -- Welcome to thread and well done on getting back on the wagon. I'm sure it will be paying off soon.
@Andydragon -- Consistently great results. Are you now off your injections too?
@DJC3 -- Brilliant fasting blood sugars.

Fasting levels were 4.5 today. Happy!