13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Sending you best wishes for better health soon @JohnEGreen we're all rooting for you. Take care x

D

debrasue

I'm using google chrome on my iPad and on DCUK through desktop. I wonder if I can get the funky emoticons on it ? :)
Should be able to - you'll have a smiley icon on the bottom-left of your keyboard. Some programmes don't recognise them though so although they'll appear as you are typing, they disappear when you post your comment.

D

debrasue

Hi all well they chucked me out of the hospital yesterday mind you that was after they where going to they kept me in an extra day was my bp dropped very low after the op. every one of us in the bay I was in that was about 8 patient where diabetic. so blood sugars where checked regularly nurses could not believe how low mine where in fact one nurse said they where better than hers I said you should go low carb dear like me tried to tell them all about low carb and this site but they did not get it their blood sugars where all in double figures my highest was 7 . the food was all eat well plate but I was able to maintain low carb not that I could eat much after spinal anaesthetic your apatite is low today I have only managed a couple of mouthfuls of porridge half a small bowl of soup a very small amount of lasagne like two mouthfuls and a little ice cream. I've managed to fall down twice since getting home second time grand son reckons I was unresponsive. Was about 3 AM this morning just trying to get to the loo. So lost all control and had my poo any way while lying on bed room floor sorry if bit too much info it's just while wife daughter and grandson to clean me up and get me up off the floor there was a knocking on the front door by two policemen which confused matters seems they where looking for some guy who used to live here. sorry this post is a bit long I feel a bit sickly now think I better get back to bed

Edit to add next time I post will try to do so in English.
It's good to have you back John and I'm glad the op went well, but please look after yourself and take it easy. That anaesthetic is going to stay in your system for at least a month, and will make you feel pretty wobbly at various times.
Chill out and let the family look after you. :)

D

debrasue

O Lord! I have a VERY grumpy husband at home with gout this week and he doesn't take pain at all well...
I do appreciate that gout can be very painful, but I'm not enjoying the fact that he needs to bite my head off every five minutes in order to deal with it. :grumpy:
It did seem to be getting a little better last night but he has just informed me (loudly, very very loudly and with considerable animation!) that it's just started in the other foot.
I hear the Outer Hebrides are nice at this time of year.... I wonder if I can get a flight this afternoon...?

mfactor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
O Lord! I have a VERY grumpy husband at home with gout this week and he doesn't take pain at all well...
I do appreciate that gout can be very painful, but I'm not enjoying the fact that he needs to bite my head off every five minutes in order to deal with it. :grumpy:
It did seem to be getting a little better last night but he has just informed me (loudly, very very loudly and with considerable animation!) that it's just started in the other foot.
I hear the Outer Hebrides are nice at this time of year.... I wonder if I can get a flight this afternoon...?

I suffered with it for a decade trying all sorts of stuff to stop it , cherry juice , bromolin ? , going meat free etc and finally gave in to the doc and started taking allopurinol , and have been pain free (odd twinge) for the last ten years........

Poor hubby its the most painful thing I have even felt.......

Reactions: 5 people
S

Sable_Jan

I suffered with it for a decade trying all sorts of stuff to stop it , cherry juice , bromolin ? , going meat free etc and finally gave in to the doc and started taking allopurinol , and have been pain free (odd twinge) for the last ten years........

Ooh, that does sound painful. We have a dog on allopurinol (i think that's it)
Mayb original poster could ask doc if Gabapentin could help it's for neuropathic pain

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Morning All. Fasting was 9.3 this morning, clearly my Liver has been busy? As before bed it was 9.0 and never had any crackers and cheese for my supper as I did not feel at all hungry. :(

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Car is in for a service this morning

Just mooching around Carlisle filling in time

It's bright and sunny here albeit a wee bit cooler than previously

Hope the folk not feeling 100% get some respite and soon back on form

No football this weekend ️ and I'm missing it already

fasting bloods of 6.1 this morning well chuffed with that

Have a good Saturday

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

Car is in for a service this morning

Just mooching around Carlisle filling in time

It's bright and sunny here albeit a wee bit cooler than previously

Hope the folk not feeling 100% get some respite and soon back on form

No football this weekend ️ and I'm missing it already

fasting bloods of 6.1 this morning well chuffed with that

Have a good Saturday
Hate waiting around when car is in. Mooching is the perfect word. Wandering aimlessly around shops not really looking for anything, mayb picking up a few bits you don't really need, forever checking the time and not wanting to wander too far....
Wish I'd put long sleeved top under my lightweight zip fleece. Still chilly in direct sun. Must've dropped really cold last nite. Morning breeze is just sooooo chilly. My bums cold too.....

Reactions: 6 people
D

debrasue

I'm in the (long drawn out) process of persuading him to get an apt with his doctor.

Reactions: 3 people
D

debrasue

Hate waiting around when car is in. Mooching is the perfect word. Wandering aimlessly around shops not really looking for anything, mayb picking up a few bits you don't really need, forever checking the time and not wanting to wander too far....
Wish I'd put long sleeved top under my lightweight zip fleece. Still chilly in direct sun. Must've dropped really cold last nite. Morning breeze is just sooooo chilly. My bums cold too.....
It's encouraging to find such a large group of people so in touch with their bums :joyful:

S

Sable_Jan

@JohnEGreen your sense of humour is still intact, despite major op and still feeling lousy...good job you had spinal as full anaesthetic might've made you feel even worse. Glad you had help to get you back to bed.
Hope you start feeling better today

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Just come back from our walk in the woods, the good thing about living here is that you can walk in Country Parks, nature trails etc and hardly see another soul. It's even quieter in the Outer Hebrides I believe @debrasue but if you want peace and quiet you just have to come to the Scottish lowlands p.s stop off here and there's a cup of tea (wine) ready for you

Reactions: 7 people
S

Sable_Jan

Just come back from our walk in the woods, the good thing about living here is that you can walk in Country Parks, nature trails etc and hardly see another soul. It's even quieter in the Outer Hebrides I believe @debrasue but if you want peace and quiet you just have to come to the Scottish lowlands p.s stop off here and there's a cup of tea (wine) ready for you
Ooh, perfect bliss.....

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Morning All. Fasting was 9.3 this morning, clearly my Liver has been busy? As before bed it was 9.0 and never had any crackers and cheese for my supper as I did not feel at all hungry. :(
The crackers and cheese seem to help keep your fbg down @liam1955 I remember you mentioned that a while ago. Never mind! Its probably been a one-off

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
No wonder you love your walks Anna, it sounds lovely and peaceful.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
No wonder you love your walks Anna, it sounds lovely and peaceful.
Yes we have friends from the Midlands who holiday here. They always are surprised by how quiet the roads are, and even in towns how few people there are compared with where they live. We have a much smaller head per square mile population than England in general. Even our cities have lots of low-rise housing. It does mean that if you live in a village, as we do, you have lots of peace and quiet

Reactions: 4 people