Type 2 Life

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@tina_marie - I agree. He still needs to get it checked out.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@tina_marie - Perhaps, if you mentioned to Ron that you have posted on here, and We on the Forum suggests he ought to get it checked out. Do you think that he would take notice of us? (It's worth a try) If you have got undiagnosed Diabetes, the stress and worry is really going to send your blood sugars up.

Reactions: 2 people

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
@tina_marie - Perhaps, if you mentioned to Ron that you have posted on here, and We on the Forum suggests he ought to get it checked out. Do you think that he would take notice of us? (It's worth a try) If you have got undiagnosed Diabetes, the stress and worry is really going to send your blood sugars up.
if his phone is on at work I dare say it has been going off everytime we have posted . lol' it drives him nuts . Especially when hes trying to serve .

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Afternoon. BGs still a tad on the high side. 11.2 mmol/l after lunch, feeling thirsty. Hope everyone is doing fine and that the weather cools down soon, it was 28C yesterday but to reach 22C today so a bit bearable. Still got the runs, finish one antibiotic on Friday and the other on Monday.:)

It's been warm and sunny for the last 3 weeks Eddie lad

All set to change from Friday though

I have gone a bronzey pinky colour in the sun even though I been inside a fair bit

Hopefully you will have a turn around in your health it's long overdue

Reactions: 4 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@tina_marie tell him his dinner is in the dog until he gets it sorted.
Mind u, he probables feels he's constantly at docs/hospital lately. Give him breathing space and he'll realise its not normal to have the pain and vision problems. He would be shocked if he lost his sight. Everyone believes it won't happen to them. Until it does.
I bet a few type 1s would love there vision back.
Type 2s in the past were usually in old age so their sight was starting to fail, anyway so brushed off.
However I'm decades from being in old age so I wouldnt accept failing vision very well. Nor should we.
tina_marie how has Rons diabetes progressed so quickly? Has he been ignoring diabetes for a while before diagnosis?
I'm shocked how it's affecting him so quickly! :(

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Tina_marie tell him his dinner is in the dog until he gets it sorted.
Mind u, he probables feels he's constantly at docs/hospital lately. Give him breathing space and he'll realise its not normal to have the pain and vision problems. He would be shocked if he lost his sight. Everyone believes it won't happen to them. Until it does.
I bet a few type 1s would love there vision back.
Type 2s were usually in old age so their sight was starting to fail, anyway so brushed off.
However I'm decades from being in old age so I wouldnt accept failing vision very well. Nor should we.
tina_marie how has Rons diabetes progressed so quickly? Has he been ignoring diabetes for a while before diagnosis?
I'm shocked how it's affecting him so quickly! :(
I noticed that he was drinking and weeing a lot about 4 or 5 years ago but he took no notice of what I said.Then last new years eve he went for an eye test and that is where it was picked up.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Your right there @tina_marie! But don't clout him just yet, get his eyes fixed first then let him have it:]
Have you heard from him in the last few minutes? We're all worried about him now
no hes probably busy working . he usually sends me a txt about 4 to say what his BG levels are , as he tests before coming home . I've just done by BP and its slightly up from the other day.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
I'm not surprised ! Hes a flamer as we say up here in Scotland

Reactions: 7 people

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
no hes probably busy working . he usually sends me a txt about 4 to say what his BG levels are , as he tests before coming home . I've just done by BP and its slightly up from the other day.
have messaged him and he says hes alright .

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Will you tell him that we are all waiting to hear how he really is ? [once you've cross-questioned him]

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I noticed that he was drinking and weeing a lot about 4 or 5 years ago but he took no notice of what I said.Then last new years eve he went for an eye test and that is where it was picked up.
Hi, I had a detachment years ago, I now am going through a vitrous detachment, can take up to 2 months doctor told me, it took 3 weeks for my first one, I started seeing floaters, then bright lights, then one day suddenly I screamed!!! I thought I had spiders crawling All over my face, went hospital they checked to see eye hadn't detached, I was lucky, if this same think happens with this eye I've to go straight to hospital to get it checked as it can cause sight loss, if you see bright lights, loads of spidery sort of things or a 'curtain' across your eye get it checked straight away, as we get older we all have a vitrious detachment only some of us don't notice doctors told me, I had /have bad headaches each time, good luck take care, better safe than sorry, only have 2 eyes take care of them (hug)

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Hi, I had a detachment years ago, I now am going through a vitrous detachment, can take up to 2 months doctor told me, it took 3 weeks for my first one, I started seeing floaters, then bright lights, then one day suddenly I screamed!!! I thought I had spiders crawling All over my face, went hospital they checked to see eye hadn't detached, I was lucky, if this same think happens with this eye I've to go straight to hospital to get it checked as it can cause sight loss, if you see bright lights, loads of spidery sort of things or a 'curtain' across your eye get it checked straight away, as we get older we all have a vitrious detachment only some of us don't notice doctors told me, I had /have bad headaches each time, good luck take care, better safe than sorry, only have 2 eyes take care of them (hug)
in the past he's had headaches and that for him usually meant a change of prescription but he hadn't been for a check up for 6 years . Then like I said last new years eve he went and problems have been none stop . This is why I worry so much , just wondering what the next problem is going to be , I dare say will find out soon enough .

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
That's right. Nurses use them at the gp practices for a quick guide as to any renal problems. (i.e too much sugar, protein etc...)
I was diagnosed intially on a dip stick then a hba1c blood test. I was given a meter and metformin before hba1c had come back. I'm talking about in 2002 in a rural doctors. Very very scarey! I had to visit gp on saturday morning for dn to advise. I knew it was serious. Shock didn't kick-in til a few months later with mild depression. I had no one to talk to about it. I was afraid work would refuse my promotion etc... I lived on my own away from my family and mainly had work friends only. Very isolated time.
But not now.......... he he :) :) :)
I posted this before, I have 2 tubs of Multistix to check a lot of stuff like @ickihun mentioned and they are invaluable. :)