Should this be the ultimate diet?

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks. I'm going to try it soon. Soup tonight until feeling better. Although eggs are a total comfort food. There's always lunch tomorrow!!

Reactions: Snapsy

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So yesterday was a proper "feast day" with lots of bacon and yummy stuff..and a cold sausage I found at the back of the fridge..
weight this morning 208.6 pounds so a slight gain but overall still quite pleased.
Yesterday looked like this

Screen Shot 2017-08-28 at 11.24.21.png

bit carried away with the cheese possibly but a nice fat to protein ratio .. the wonders of bacon.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oooo.... forgot about poached. I was never good at making them in a pan rather than a poacher. Any hints?
I love eggs Bennie!!

I crack and drop the eggs in a saucepan with deep water and some vinegar, then do nothing else. The timing is crucial of course. For me, it takes the same time as half a Lidl roll in the toaster - perfect every time!!

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I crack and drop the eggs in a saucepan with deep water and some vinegar, then do nothing else. The timing is crucial of course. For me, it takes the same time as half a Lidl roll in the toaster - perfect every time!!
Might have that for breakfast tomorrow

Reactions: Bluetit1802

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday's intake... quite a lot of roast pork belly that hubby's brother brought down from Chinatown! With guacamole. ..an odd but very pleasing mix.

Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 08.58.16.png

Weight 208.4 pounds
FBG 5.0
Didn't bother with the other figs today

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So.. quick update

Almost 1 week after finishing diet and figures looking quite good
This morning

Weight 208.2 pounds 14st 12.2 pounds.. have stayed below 15 st for a whole week so 5 pounds lost and maintained.
Body Fat 24.4% but this goes all over the place with me anyway
Visceral Fat down to 11 for the first time
BMI 28.8 still nicely overweight..

FBG this morning 5.1

Quite pleased and surprised as I have been having circa 2200 cals per day and exceeded my carb allowance (naughty Oppo) a couple of times this past week.

Bloods have been higher than whilst on the "diet" but only over 6 once...

Maybe one to try monthly to get over stalls and reset things.
All in all quite easy and as I have said probably a lot better for you than fake shakes..

Does anyone think Prof Taylor would be interested in a bacon and egg ND.. somehow I doubt it..

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Has your Rapilose arrived, and are you still planning to do the test?

Still waiting.. I think they had run out as I got an email about it being on back order..

I'm going to do it without carb loading beforehand so I get a real shock to the system.. if I pass that maybe I could claim to really be "in remission".

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Still waiting.. I think they had run out as I got an email about it being on back order..

I'm going to do it without carb loading beforehand so I get a real shock to the system.. if I pass that maybe I could claim to really be "in remission".

Good plan, and if you fail you can try again with a carb-up for comparison. That would be an excellent experiment. I am about to order some but will carb up as I know I do suffer from last meal effect.

Reactions: bulkbiker

Fleegle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Really interesting read @bulkbiker.
Given that Prof T endorses the blood sugar diet and has said it is about weight loss not the food so much nor time - he may well be interested in your bacon and cheese diet - I am !

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Bluetit1802

it's here..

IMG_1045.jpg

Thinking of test tomorrow morning.. looks like water is ok beforehand but probably won't have any after bed tonight anyway... wish me luck.. how often do you reckon I should test? every 15 mins or every 30? Anyone with any experience?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thinking of test tomorrow morning.. looks like water is ok beforehand but probably won't have any after bed tonight anyway... wish me luck.. how often do you reckon I should test? every 15 mins or every 30? Anyone with any experience?

I imagine it is entirely up to you. The only tests you have guidelines for are the base level fasting and 2 hours after the drink is finished. Any others will be informative, and interesting. I think I will do a couple before the 2 hours and maybe a few after to see how quickly it comes down.

Fleegle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Bluetit1802

it's here..

View attachment 23711

Very best of luck with the test. Very interested in the results.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow! This is exciting! I'm gonna be glued to my PC waiting for your results lol.

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

This is very , very interesting ! from my blood results my fasting insulin has dropped dramatically from god knows what at diagnosis to 20 in March and 8 in August. Interestingly over the last 6 months my Hab1C hasn't changed much at all - 43 => 42 and fasting blood sugar down from 6.3 to 5.3 .
I've ordered some of the stuff as well . I will be interested to compare notes in due course .

Will be very interested to see how you get on.

Reactions: ziggy_w

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well as I have to sit still for 2 hours.. I'll probably live post it here.. you can watch my blood sugars in real time..

I tested every 15 minutes, and tested a little longer than the 120 as I wanted to see something.

Reactions: ziggy_w and zand