Type 2 Life

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Hi all Ron needs some help. His Fbg has been rising , for several mornings now he's been getting readings of 11+ . We haven't changed anything he eats or drinks dn has upped his metformin to 4 a day but Ron's not taking that many . Before all the trouble with his heart started he was getting readings of 4 and 5. Hba1c has gone up to 63 from 46. I know pain can increase bg and he's in alot of it but surely not to this degree. Any help would be appreciated. He follows lchf I've also tried him on Mediterranean as well .

D

debrasue

Hi all Ron needs some help. His Fbg has been rising , for several mornings now he's been getting readings of 11+ . We haven't changed anything he eats or drinks dn has upped his metformin to 4 a day but Ron's not taking that many . Before all the trouble with his heart started he was getting readings of 4 and 5. Hba1c has gone up to 63 from 46. I know pain can increase bg and he's in alot of it but surely not to this degree. Any help would be appreciated. He follows lchf I've also tried him on Mediterranean as well .
Hmmm, that's a bit worrying... It might be a reaction to some of his meds, but I definitely think a call/visit to his GP would be in order. Sustained high BG levels could bring him a whole lot of other complications, and I really don't think you need that on top of everything else poor Ron has to cope with.

Reactions: tina_marie

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Tina-marie - Has he had a medication review lately? Forgive me, but whilst I read this thread, I could say I've seen everything you might have written about him.

I'm just wondering if, as a starting point, it could be worthwhile just checking none of his meds are beginning to interact at all.

You can do it yourself here: https://www.webmd.com/interaction-checker/default.htm , or alternatively pharmacists will usually do the same thing, free of charge.

Otherwise, particularly bearing in mind his spider's web of predicaments, it's back to the Doc.

I do feel for you both. You guys are having a really hard time at the moment.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Tina-marie - Has he had a medication review lately? Forgive me, but whilst I read this thread, I could say I've seen everything you might have written about him.

I'm just wondering if, as a starting point, it could be worthwhile just checking none of his meds are beginning to interact at all.

You can do it yourself here: https://www.webmd.com/interaction-checker/default.htm , or alternatively pharmacists will usually do the same thing, free of charge.

Otherwise, particularly bearing in mind his spider's web of predicaments, it's back to the Doc.

I do feel for you both. You guys are having a really hard time at the moment.
Thank you have found this very useful . Plus have found two of the meds Ron takes increases bg levels . So will try and get an appointment to see gp or his cardiologist. Thanks to you and @debrasue for your advice.

Reactions: DCUKMod

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
An update, the other day I mentioned that my grandson's Nan (his dad's mum) had been diagnosed with Vascular Dementia caused by her T2 diabetes, sadly we have been told this morning that she had passed away yesterday.:(

D

debrasue

An update, the other day I mentioned that my grandson's Nan (his dad's mum) had been diagnosed with Vascular Dementia caused by her T2 diabetes, sadly we have been told this morning that she had passed away yesterday.:(
I'm very sorry to hear this, John. Sending hugs to your grandson and his dad, and to you, of course.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I only wanted to try Ron on it to see if the swallowing reflex was any better . An endoscopy hasn't found the cause so next step could be ENT. When Ron was leaving the surgery he turned to the nurse and said ..... he felt like he'd been forgotten and just thrown on the scrap heap. If that isn't a cry for help I don't know what is . I feel like Ron is becoming a recluse . We are at some point suppose to be going out for a meal but he won't go because he doesn't want people staring at him when he chokes on food he can't swallow properly .
Bless him. So is it a wait for ENT appointment now?
He should be given a gold medal for all the waiting he has done.
I wonder if one of his meds is relaxing his throat muscles? Does he get reflux too? He's on lansoprozol as well too, isn't he?
I must admit I'm much better on lansoprozol for reflux, than liquid gaviscon.
There must be something causing his throat to close on eating. Its not panic due to breathing problem, is it? Or his body reacting so he doesnt get food in his windpipe?
I'm going to tag @Daphne917 . She might recall a poster mentioning swallowing problems. Its a long shot as I distinctively remember a poster mentioning something about swallowing.

Last edited:

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
I wonder if one of his meds is relaxing his throat muscles? Does he get reflux too? He's on lansoprozol as well too, isn't he?
There must be something causing his throat to close on eating. Its not panic due to breathing problem, is it? Or his body reacting so he does get food in his windpipe?
I'm going to tag @Daphne917 . She might recall a poster mentioning swallowing problems. Its a long shot as I distinctively remember a poster mentioning something about swallowing.
The appointment for ENT has come , it's next month. Here is a list of meds he takes .... metformin , Amitrptyline, Aspirin, Adizem S.R ,Isosorbide Mononitrate, Bisoprolol , Tramadol, Multivitamin. Plus his GTN spray as and when needed .

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
So sorry to hear this John , Ron and I send our heart felt sympathy to you all. Xxx

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Big hugs to your family John. I lost my nana fairly recently but the loss is still very sore in the family members. Sundays are the worst. Its a measure of the wonderful person which is missed. For sure.
Condolences from me. :(

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Not sure if I updated or not but I had my feet checked for neuropathy and luckily its deemed numb from my back. Because good blood flow and feeling hit and miss then podaritist is confident that only off my bad back. Pinched nerve from bulging discs.
Also bariatric surgery is going to be delayed for son's stats in May and also so I can continue reducing more weight to add to the nearly 4stones I've lost. :)
I'm sure @JohnnyBaker12021970 's prayers have definitely made the difference. A big big big THANKYOU. :) :) :)

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
There must be something causing his throat to close on eating. Its not panic due to breathing problem, is it? Or his body reacting so he doesnt get food in his windpipe?
Hi @ickihun and @tina_marie there was someone on the forum and it was a globus but cannot remember the poster. I occasionally suffer from it and it is frightening because it feels as though you have a permanent lump in your throat.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Hi @ickihun and @tina_marie there was someone on the forum and it was a globus but cannot remember the poster. I occasionally suffer from it and it is frightening because it feels as though you have a permanent lump in your throat.
Ron says he doesn't feel no lump, just whenever he eats or takes medication it feels like its stuck in his throat he ends up coughing to dislodge it or having a drink . Medication is a big problem as in the morning he has to take 6 tablets and with everyone he's choking. Then again at tea time and at supper time . Also when he finished eating he's all congested not sure if the two are connected.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Good Afternoon, my lovely friends on Type 2 Life,

I'm very well; had my diabetic eye screening at the diabetes department at St Thomas' Hospital, near to where I live. They put drops in each one of my eyes to dilate my pupils and after the eye screening I wore my sunglasses (because that's what the hospital letter advised) all the way home to my flat on the 77 bus. My friend, Colin, who I've had a few problems with when he was ill with his schizophrenia, came to see me and brought me a transparent bag containing 6 meat pies, which came as much appreciated. I've eaten 5 of them and enjoyed them very much and had 2 mugs of coffee, each with coffee mate and 2 teaspoons of granulated sweetener. My blood glucose reading at 2:42 pm today was 7.0 mmol/L.

I'm so pleased Jesus has been answering my prayers for you, @ickihun, this delights and warms my good heart and makes me aware of how wonderful our God is. And I'm still praying for @eldergarth , @tina_marie as I believe the Lord has it in his heart to make him better, with health care professional's help.

Much love, from Johnny xXx.

Reactions: debrasue

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Oh @JohnnyBaker12021970 yesterday I ate a tomato sauce which the kids left from their tinned meatballs. I dont know why I did it but I think to save it being knocked onto my beige carpets. Kids make so much mess (they are off for the week). Only silly me has been suffering ever since. Ive been up all night with loose tummy. No sickness so that why I thought maybe something ive eaten rather than a virus. So ive sprayed the whole bungalow this morning with dettol spray. Hoping it goes quicker and im drinking water but no food to dry it up. Testing my bgs very frequently. To put the cat amongst the pigeons 2 days ago I forgot to take my basal insulin in the 3hr window that toujeo300 gives me. I took it 7hrs late.
Yesterday my bgs were in 8s instead of 6s and I needed extra fast acting insulin to get rid of my 10+ readings after nibbling food. Today ive decided to hold food to dry it up and leave a message for my dn tomorrow if it doesnt improve. I read somewhere that it takes 24hrs for food to go completely through our bodies. Unless thats just slow stomach diabetics.
So housebound today but planning a Halloween farm day out tomorrow. Planned for wks.
I'm hoping your prayers will still get us there.
Blessings on you Johnny and your friends and family. :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Anyone else getting slightly raised BG levels following Flu Jab - nothing hair raising but annoying e.g. fasting and meals .2 to .4 raise

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Oh @JohnnyBaker12021970 yesterday I ate a tomato sauce which the kids left from their tinned meatballs. I dont know why I did it but I think to save it being knocked onto my beige carpets. Kids make so much mess (they are off for the week). Only silly me has been suffering ever since. Ive been up all night with loose tummy. No sickness so that why I thought maybe something ive eaten rather than a virus. So ive sprayed the whole bungalow this morning with dettol spray. Hoping it goes quicker and im drinking water but no food to dry it up. Testing my bgs very frequently. To put the cat amongst the pigeons 2 days ago I forgot to take my basal insulin in the 3hr window that toujeo300 gives me. I took it 7hrs late.
Yesterday my bgs were in 8s instead of 6s and I needed extra fast acting insulin to get rid of my 10+ readings after nibbling food. Today ive decided to hold food to dry it up and leave a message for my dn tomorrow if it doesnt improve. I read somewhere that it takes 24hrs for food to go completely through our bodies. Unless thats just slow stomach diabetics.
So housebound today but planning a Halloween farm day out tomorrow. Planned for wks.
I'm hoping your prayers will still get us there.
Blessings on you Johnny and your friends and family. :)
Thank you very much, my lovely friend @ickihun. And may God our eternal father bless you and may his countenance shine upon you and give you peace and healing. Thank you for everything, for all the encouragement, understanding, emotional reciprocity and advice. I've been struggling to adhere to and comply by the LCHF diet in the past few days, eating meat pies that my friend, Colin, brought round and I ate a deep pan cheesy pepperoni pizza as a snack in the early hours of this morning. I've since taken my metformin and glp-1 injection and my blood glucose reading was a very average 6.2. Have a lovely day, and love to you in Jesus, from Johnny Baker, sufferer of Asperger Syndrome and Adult ADHD xXx.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Anyone else getting slightly raised BG levels following Flu Jab - nothing hair raising but annoying e.g. fasting and meals .2 to .4 raise
I didnt notice anything unusual but I've been worried about numb toes so I did rise for a while but diet was poor due to no money for proteins.ok now thou.
Are you ok now?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thank very much, my lovely friend @ickihun. And may God our eternal father bless you and may his countenance shine upon you and give you peace and healing. Thank you for everything, for all the encouragement, understanding, emotional reciprocity and advice. I've been struggling to adhere to and comply by the LCHF diet in the past few days, eating meat pies that my friend, Colin, brought round and I ate a deep pan cheesy pepperoni pizza as a snack in the early hours of this morning. I've since taken my metformin and glp-1 injection and my blood glucose reading was a very average 6.2. Have a lovely day, and love to you in Jesus, from Johnny Baker, sufferer of Asperger Syndrome and Adult ADHD xXx.
Farm went well until 4yr old took a tantrum to leave go-carts for enormous snake. He is being tested for autism @JohnnyBaker12021970 .

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Good afternoon, my lovely friends at 12:50 Post Meridian British Summer Time on Thursday 26th October 2017 Anno Domini,

My blood glucose, now, is a very good, healthy 5.4 Millimoles Per Litre. My Thursday Carer has just left and while I was with her I did all my washing up, and lifted the microwave oven off of the worktop and cleaned underneath it with Cillit Bang and a blue super absorbent cloth, then put the microwave oven back and cleaned the inside of it, bottom, top, and both sides and washed the turntable. I also cleaned the washbasin in the bathroom, the lavatory and the bath. I also did a load of washing of my clothes with Bold 2-1 Laundry Gel. My Carer swept and mopped all the way through and made my bed. She also recorded my medication compliance.