What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Some girls have all the luck, 16 degrees in November is pretty fanbloodytastic. Hre it is damp, damp and treble damp oh yes and coldish too. Your waking blood sugars are all very oohlala too :)

Hi @Diabeticliberty,

Yes -- I feel extremely fortunate and bringing out my summer wardrobe for today.

How are you this morning? Sounds as if you had a rough time last night.

D

Diabeticliberty

Hi @Diabeticliberty,

Yes -- I feel extremely fortunate and bringing out my summer wardrobe for today.

How are you this morning? Sounds as if you had a rough time last night.

If the temperature here gets above 6 degrees then I have a spandex mankini in the back of pick up truck. This afternoon could see me strutting my thang baby :)

Last night was a little bit torrid but it was oversleeping this morning that really knocked the wind out of my proverbial sails, and you are all painfully aware of just how windy I am. Still onward and upward and all that malarkey :pompous:

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Diabeticliberty Yes,lovely bread.One of the joys of being retired is having time for these things.When we both worked life was far too stressful for home baked bread.His latest purchase (and new toy) is a bread machine........trouble is the smell of baking bread is always very tempting.Id post you a parcel but it wouldn't be the same without that fresh smell!!!My contribution is making the low carb crackers we both like, and I can eat without a guilty conscience!

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
No idea I've been so bad lately tht I've put on all the weigh I'd lost from being undiagnosed so it's probably thru the roof time to get my butt in gear
Hi Lisa having struggled to lose 3 stone since changing to insulin I’ve managed to put on 2.5 stone agIn I’m incredibly frustrated but never give in. Talking to my gp I wouldn’t have minded putting the weight on if I’d gone on a 3 month all inclusive . I keep trying trying to balance low Bg and losing weight

xlisa23x

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Lisa having struggled to lose 3 stone since changing to insulin I’ve managed to put on 2.5 stone agIn I’m incredibly frustrated but never give in. Talking to my gp I wouldn’t have minded putting the weight on if I’d gone on a 3 month all inclusive . I keep trying trying to balance low Bg and losing weight
It very frustrating and I did give up for a few weeks but I'm gonna try n get on track again.

D

Diabeticliberty

It very frustrating and I did give up for a few weeks but I'm gonna try n get on track again.

Hey we all slip, me more than the rest of you put together. My whole life is one slip after another. In your own case you have lost it once and can of course lose it again :)

Reactions: Ymdawd

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Ooh...something about Pugs...I love them...always had a soft spot for the 'oriental' dogs...had a Pekinese many years ago...a poor little rescue one...one eyed...wobbly knees...dodgy teeth...she had.a very bad attitude...I adored her...got up this morning to my various aches & pains... feeling a bit snotty...weather forecast is depressing...had to make my own coffee...saw your 'babies' that made me smile...my favourite photo...the basket one...tongue out...fast asleep...have to have one...or two maybe?:).
Hi @Bubbsie they are a lovely dog wouldn't be without them but they do take some looking after it's the folds and flat face with breathing problems,we have to be careful when we have sunny days winter included they cannot go for long walks and even short ones when it's warm are out of the question,they suit me Has I don't do much long walking anymore but if you like walking with your dog don't get a pug has cute and lovely Has they are!K
A bit of good information my vet gave me before we bought Louie look for big wide nostrils,straight legs we did and Louie is much better than Elle she has terrible breathing problems but we rescued her, we have had rescued dogs for 37 years boxer yorkies now a pug we loved them all!K

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Lady K, mine was an absolutely doosey this morning. Could not get things moving in the right direction for a solid gold thong. Eventually had to resort to a really large bottle of Cravendale full skimmed and orange Club biscuits. Oh my giddy aunt they are so good even bleary eyed at 2.0am in a morning confused and shaking like a sh***ing dog. I hope you are ok too. The things really do get right in your face sometimes. Have s great day kid :)
Caught mine at 3.5 mr d so wasnt to bad swig of luco and a couple of digeztives at silly oclock but still got headache finishing work at 2 so not to bad

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @Bubbsie they are a lovely dog wouldn't be without them but they do take some looking after it's the folds and flat face with breathing problems,we have to be careful when we have sunny days winter included they cannot go for long walks and even short ones when it's warm are out of the question,they suit me Has I don't do much long walking anymore but if you like walking with your dog don't get a pug has cute and lovely Has they are!K
A bit of good information my vet gave me before we bought Louie look for big wide nostrils,straight legs we did and Louie is much better than Elle she has terrible breathing problems but we rescued her, we have had rescued dogs for 37 years boxer yorkies now a pug we loved them all!K
Harry can be walked for miles in the Autumn & Winter...although does suffer in the summer...he's very fit for a bulldog...not too much fat on him,...good solid boy...despite all their problems...have such a soft spot for pugs...Pekinese & bulldogs...they have such great characters.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Harry can be walked for miles in the Autumn & Winter...although does suffer in the summer...he's very fit for a bulldog...not too much fat on him,...good solid boy...despite all their problems...have such a soft spot for pugs...Pekinese & bulldogs...they have such great characters.
Pugs are like Harry autumn winter they love a walk I used to take Louie on my 2hour walks when he was younger. But a few years back he collapsed when I was out with him frightened me to death so now it's short walks and only when it's cool early mornings and evenings.

Reactions: HarryBeau

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
In Scotland I can access my GP’s diabetic records that they have for me. As at 14/11/17 my HbA1C was 41mmol/mol or 5.9% which I am quite chuffed about as several months ago it was about double that. Kidney function and cholesterol are all within perfectly normal parameters for my age which is also great news. Also had my eyes all done too and have 20:20 vision as long as I keep my glasses on.

All I have to do now is keep up the hard work over the past three or four months
Well done Mr.

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
4.7 this morning. And one piece of good news. Mum who had a HBAC1 last year of 48, has now been rechecked. After a stone weight loss and a year later, she is now at 43. Result! And all from a change in diet (i.e. no cakes to eat in the house). Well done mum!

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
BG of 7.3 at 2am. Am up early since I have a long drive up to Tain in Scottish Highland. Have looked at traffic webcams and we have heavy snow falling as i write this. Should be fun. Thank goodness i have heated seats in my Honda CRZ. At least the important parts of me wont be freezing. Have a good day people

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
BG of 7.3 at 2am. Am up early since I have a long drive up to Tain in Scottish Highland. Have looked at traffic webcams and we have heavy snow falling as i write this. Should be fun. Thank goodness i have heated seats in my Honda CRZ. At least the important parts of me wont be freezing. Have a good day people
Take care in that snow...not one of my favourite things for driving...had heated seats in my Saab (loved that car)...the first time I used them...the ex's 'important parts' got warm very quickly...for a brief moment he was worried he'd peed himself.:)

Reactions: Ymdawd