What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 today. At least I’m in the 5’s again.
ETA; My blood went up to 6.2 by 11:00an I made a Creatine shake and by 3:00pm I’m at 4.4.
What is a creatine shake ?
Good Morning Everyone BG this morning 6.8
Still higher than I like but I know it was trying the mini mince pie that did it, my BG shot to 11.1 2 hours after eating it.
Not had a mince pie since I started losing weight 12 months ago,so trial and error! Mostly error! K

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks! I came here to look for type one low carbers, as think I may be in trouble with a lower Hb1Ac and can do with some support. I am having fun browsing the posts here!
I'm sure you'll find what you need here NJ...as you know my T1 knowledge is pitiful...well non-existent TBH...good luck.

Reactions: newjourney

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone........5.1 again,had first good sleep in ages so feeling much better to face the day! This 'flu has really knocked hubby for six,despite the 'flu jab in October.Just got to make some nice food he's lost quite a few pounds this week!!

@newjourney welcome to this thread,there are other type 1s on here who will be able to give you support and advice or point you to the thread you need,love the avatar!

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Welcome to all newbies quite a few posting today wishing you all a warm welcome and the start of a great and informative journey your all now on. You've all come to the best place lots of info and advice from very knowledgeable people on here just ask the questions and someone will be pick up and give you an answer!K

Last edited:

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning everyone
BG still on the rise today but hubby and myself went out last night for a steak night at a pub near us so could very much be the reason,I ate everything!
BG @2.10 am was 6.7
BG @. 9.05 am was 6.5!K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning everyone........5.1 again,had first good sleep in ages so feeling much better to face the day! This 'flu has really knocked hubby for six,despite the 'flu jab in October.Just got to make some nice food he's lost quite a few pounds this week!!

@newjourney welcome to this thread,there are other type 1s on here who will be able to give you support and advice or point you to the thread you need,love the avatar!
@Glenmac hope the worst is over for your hubby I'm sure you know what will tempt him to eat wish him well from me, great BG number by the way! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
This diabetes is a puzzle sometimes,there are so many factors to consider stress sleep patterns and diet,just some of them.Once you get through the next few weeks you can concentrate on diet.The holiday in Spain will be a good thing,hope you have a great time.
@Glenmac and all of you a big hug and thank you for all your lovely support we are so looking forward to this holiday just what we need! K