What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
having diabetes...... people who wear backpacks on the tube
Hi Peadair - anything under 100 - 130g is considered to be low carb but lots of us here go much lower.....you find what works for you!
Sounds like a nice menu though!
Yeah like my bread but not every day sometimes have sesame seeded ryvita and a tin of salmon for breakfast or just a big steak with mushrooms and peppers for tea . Still feelin my way with this diabetes thing . Afraid of goin low overnight on low carb diet . So sometimes have cheese and ryvita before bed with a cup of tea

Reactions: Mufflana

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Just made a magic spicy pork "noodle" dish.
Hot spicy pork in a great broth with....... 3g OOMI noodles.
I definitely recommend these. They don't taste fishy and it means I get to share a noodle dish without injecting. Bliss
noodle-oodle-03_orig.jpg

Reactions: Mufflana

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yeah like my bread but not every day sometimes have sesame seeded ryvita and a tin of salmon for breakfast or just a big steak with mushrooms and peppers for tea . Still feelin my way with this diabetes thing . Afraid of goin low overnight on low carb diet . So sometimes have cheese and ryvita before bed with a cup of tea
Hi @Peadair O Brionn are you on meds ? Note you say about hypo worries on low carb? It’s easier to be very low carb if you are not on meds or just Metformin.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just made a magic spicy pork "noodle" dish.
Hot spicy pork in a great broth with....... 3g OOMI noodles.
I definitely recommend these. They don't taste fishy and it means I get to share a noodle dish without injecting. Bliss
noodle-oodle-03_orig.jpg
I've been using Oomi noodles for a while. They are a good substitute for spaghetti as well although I am quite taken with Enjoy Cuisine as well.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @Peadair O Brionn are you on meds ? Note you say about hypo worries on low carb? It’s easier to be very low carb if you are not on meds or just Metformin.
I was wondering the same thing. Much as I love bread that amount of Burgen would send me sky high. It all depends how much you can tolerate in carbs.
Diet Doctor is great for recipes (and here of course).

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream (carefully measured 2 tsp) washed down with a white coffee (still using almond milk to save calories and carbs)
Lunch: chicken, veggies and celeriac mash, followed by Greek yoghurt and blueberries.
Mid-afternoonm at Caffè Nero with hubby: skinny regular cappuccino and a smuggled in coconut Adonis bar.
Dinner: Thai massaman curry made with butternut squash in place of potato with cauli rice, followed by strawberries, vanilla Oppo ice cream and one square of 85% chocolate. Plus a Carb-life spearmint chew.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Early: large spoonful of almond butter to try to head off at the pass fbg of 7.

B: coconut porridge with raspberries and coffee with cream

L: Parma ham, brie, olives, avocado and 3 cherry toms. Chocolate chia pud

D: finally tried @Brunneria’s cheesy corned beef thingy with chilli - v filling! Lemon and lime jelly to follow. Grated a Hotel Choc 100% button on top - forgetting I’d just used the grater for cheese!!

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I've been using Oomi noodles for a while. They are a good substitute for spaghetti as well although I am quite taken with Enjoy Cuisine as well.
I've Googled but only come up with a restaurant in Jordan! Where can you buy it if it is indeed a food?

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dishonesty, people who throw garbage out on to the streets,
I've Googled but only come up with a restaurant in Jordan! Where can you buy it if it is indeed a food?
According to their website, http://oominoodles.com you can get them at Tesco, Ocado, Morrison's, Sainsbury and MuscleFood. Looks to be a U.K. product.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday Monday - bed 7.2 FBG also 7.2. Still not back to normal. A day of picky food.

Over 2 meals - remains of M&S tuna, red onion and beans, remains of M&S prawn cocktail, last of the mozzarella pearls, Santini tomatoes, 1/2 avocado, cheese savoury and 3 Walnuts. 1 salmon fillet. Halo Top and raspberries and 2 Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
And that was my day.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all. Out and about today -- came home quite exhausted today since I am still a bit weak from my cold.

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and erythritol. Two scrambled eggs and some roasted vegetables with about 60g of Greek yoghurt.

Snack on my way home: Two squares of 90% Lindt chocolate.

Dinner: A DD keto roll with tartar and mayonnaise, a cornsalad with Caesar's dressing and parmesan, a small glass of wine.

@maglil55 -- It is good to hear that your arms are not hurting as much anymore.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all.

Unplanned 23/1 fast today. Took lunch to work but not hungry, so it came back home with me.

Dinner was a GBK burger (supermarket bought one) topped with double Gloucester cheese and 2 rashers of bacon. Two Hotel Chocolat 100% buttons to finish.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
Out training today but took lunch with me - a lot of questions were asked about how I could possibly be eating so high fat and yet have gone ‘skinny’ in their words ! They were people I hadn’t worked with for a year so funny to see their reaction to my weight loss and then their confusion about number of calories being eaten!
Breakfast bacon and egg
Lunch range of cheeses Stilton, Shropshire blue and vintage cheddar with walnuts and 4 100% cocoa chocolate buttons
Dinner spaghetti bolognese with bean pasta followed by lemon and lime mousse.
Planning similar for next two training days....

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 7.9 FBG 6.9 - that's a bit better.
B. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
L. 1/2 Matteson smoked sausage
D. Thai red curry with chicken breast, mushroom stir fry veg, cauliflower rice and Thai red curry sauce.
Halo Top and raspberries.
I've discovered there is a hotel chocolate in Edinburgh. Will need to take the bus up and explore. Even with a blue badge centre of Edinburgh is best avoided with a car.