What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just looked up this recipe, oh my they sound good, an excellent pack lunch option :hungry:

I haven't tried than yet, but a contestant on Masterchef made an Asian variant on scotch eggs. The recipe I found had some flour in it to bind the meaty covering, but I would imagine it'd be perfectly fine without.

This is the recipe I have saved. This recipe serves then with a sauce, but other recipes I found didn't.

I must get around to trying it: https://www.peppergarlickitchen.com/nargisi-kofta-indian-scotch-eggs-in-curry/

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just looked up this recipe, oh my they sound good, an excellent pack lunch option :hungry:
Hi yes they are very tasty, I made 4, had 2 today cold with my pepper and cucumber, very filling. Also made fathead pizza this week, another success and also now have the ingredients to try the porridge you make for breakfast. Just need to find a nice easy recipe for a tasty dessert.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
2 of my favourites, dark chocolate and peanut butter so I will definitely give these a try, thank you
These were one of the first low carb recipes I tried. Must do them again, they are so easy :)

Reactions: ziggy_w

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dishonesty, people who throw garbage out on to the streets,
B- coffee w/cream, 1/2 avocado smooshed onto 1/2 LC bun w/a slice of ham (actually pretty yummy)
L- pepperoni stick
Snack- small handful peanuts, small piece of cheese, small piece of orange pepper
D- LC pizza, Caesar salad
Only 22 grams of carbs! Crikey, that's almost keto! (Macros: 15%C, 60%F, 25%P)

Last edited:
Reactions: Goonergal and DJC3

Stronggirlsclub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everyone....and happy ‘almost the weekend’

I went to bed with a 9.4 and woke up with a 12.4

Dropped down to 10.8 by the time I made my breakfast. I had my first ever bulletproof coffee. It was Delish! 2 hrs after my reading was 11.0.

I then made a batch of chai tea (earl grey tea bag stewed with ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg and a little stevia and served with a splash of cream) and 40 minutes later my b.g had dropped to 8.4mmol.

Tea was yummy! I think it will become quite a favourite of mine, especially as I know that cinnamon is linked to improved glycemic control.

How is everyone else getting on today?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Lynnzhealth

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A slice of toast, by mistake ;)

On Wednesday I didn't have much in the house to eat of LCHF, so I took a small muffin and a half out of my freezer and ate that with Peanut Butter/Butter and coffee. YIKES! I checked my bg two hours later and it was 13.4!!! I nearly freaked. The muffin must have been one that I made before I gave up all sugar and flour. I put the rest in the garbage so I wouldn't do that again. That's the highest my bg has been since I started the LCHF last May or June. Scared the heck out of me. Yesterday, I was working at a bake sale and before Wed I wondered if I could buy one little thing, just one. After Wednesday's fiasco I am pleased to say that I DID NOT buy anything. I do not want my A1C to start going up. I've worked nearly a year to get it down to 5.5 and I'd like it to go even lower. Congratulations to everyone doing a great job of controlling their diabetes.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am just soooo lazy!
My idea of a low carb choc peanut square is to take a square of gorgeously dark choc, add a teasp of peanut butter, and eat it.
No baking required at all! ;):D;)

Of course, now I have to get some extra thick double cream and try that on top of the PB... precarious, but lush!

Ah but this recipe requires no baking! Mix up all the ingredients. Sprinkle nuts on top then put it in the fridge!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I then made a batch of chai tea (earl grey tea bag stewed with ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg and a little stevia and served with a splash of cream) and 40 minutes later my b.g had dropped to 8.4mmol.

Tea was yummy! I think it will become quite a favourite of mine, especially as I know that cinnamon is linked to improved glycemic control.

I like the sound of your tea - Ive been buying chai tea bags but this sounds much nicer.
Do you use fresh ginger and cinnamon sticks or powdered spice?
Did you make a big jug and just heat it up in the microwave as needed?

I love coffee but find it upsets my tum sometimes so I’m trying to cut back.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
On Wednesday I didn't have much in the house to eat of LCHF, so I took a small muffin and a half out of my freezer and ate that with Peanut Butter/Butter and coffee. YIKES! I checked my bg two hours later and it was 13.4!!! I nearly freaked. The muffin must have been one that I made before I gave up all sugar and flour. I put the rest in the garbage so I wouldn't do that again. That's the highest my bg has been since I started the LCHF last May or June. Scared the heck out of me. Yesterday, I was working at a bake sale and before Wed I wondered if I could buy one little thing, just one. After Wednesday's fiasco I am pleased to say that I DID NOT buy anything. I do not want my A1C to start going up. I've worked nearly a year to get it down to 5.5 and I'd like it to go even lower. Congratulations to everyone doing a great job of controlling their diabetes.

I had a similar shock last week while on holiday - 1 small slice of dark rye bread which I loaded with a lovely whipped butter and skyr yoghurt they served with it - and I ended up with 13.2. So depressing

Stronggirlsclub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lunch today was pretty yummy. I had a salad of lettuce leaves, left over fajita chicken, guacamole and cheddar cheese.

Before lunch; 8.9
2 Hr after lunch; 8.4

I’m happy enough with my post prandial rise, just wish it was starting from a lower baseline.

Stronggirlsclub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ah but this recipe requires no baking! Mix up all the ingredients. Sprinkle nuts on top then put it in the fridge!

I’ve just made this and tried a teeny tiny slither and my goodness it’s delicious! Tastes like a better version of a bounty bar.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Reactions: ziggy_w and DJC3

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all - pleased that I’ve finished decorating the lounge,quite a task but had a treat in the form of my first Adonis bar it’s delicious definitely a keeper just wish they were a bit cheaper but most good low carb products are expensive!
Breakfast one slice of bacon with egg and a couple of mushrooms fried in butter
Lunch range of cheeses followed by coffee and my first Adonis bar - real treat
Dinner pork shoulder slow cooked casserole served with cauliflower cheese followed by raspberry mousse
Plans for reward glass of red wine later...... need to keep myself motivated as plans to decorate the hall tomorrow! It’s not so much the painting as the prep and putting it all back together again.

Last edited:

Lynnzhealth

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had a similar shock last week while on holiday - 1 small slice of dark rye bread which I loaded with a lovely whipped butter and skyr yoghurt they served with it - and I ended up with 13.2. So depressing

Yes, it is very depressing. I will be very careful from now on. I was sick and had eaten all my soup and other low carb things in the freezer and didn't feel up to cooking more. I just baked some flaxseed bread so I don't get caught again. I am also making a couple of low carb casseroles to freeze. Good luck.