What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Lynnzhealth good idea to cook ahead and be prepared. Let’s hope that is the last spike into 13s for both of us.

@Rachox where do you get sugar free maple syrup? I’ve seen you mention it before and I’ve looked in Sainsbury’s but no joy.

@shelley262 I’m impressed by your energy, think you deserve more than 1 glass.

I am doing 18:6 fast today which is a bit more achievable I think, thanks for the encouragement yesterday Shelley

Went on a walk this morning with my Macmillan exercise group - the Macmillan nurse bought everyone a hot chocolate at the cafe afterwards, I had a peppermint tea and was very pleased with myself!

Lunch: leftover DD keto chicken casserole. Sugar free jelly and Greek yoghurt.

Dinner: mixed grill with 1 and 1/2 Naked Cumberland sausages, 1/2 a posh burger, 1 small thin pork chop, 1/2 grilled tomato, mushroom stuffed with stilton. And a handful of wilted spinach.

Saw an item on the news just now about MRI scans picking up fatty liver disease, and what a silent killer it is - and advising a ‘healthy diet’ to reverse it .... but no mention of what the healthy diet is!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Lynnzhealth good idea to cook ahead and be prepared. Let’s hope that is the last spike into 13s for both of us.

@Rachox where do you get sugar free maple syrup? I’ve seen you mention it before and I’ve looked in Sainsbury’s but no joy.......

Saw an item on the news just now about MRI scans picking up fatty liver disease, and what a silent killer it is - and advising a ‘healthy diet’ to reverse it .... but no mention of what the healthy diet is!

I get my SF maple syrup from Skinny Caffe on line along with their pancake mix. It’s a website aimed at the low calorie market but those two products happen to be low carb too You’ve no doubt see my regular postings of my Saturday lunch of pancakes with bacon and maple syrup?
I saw the item about NAFLD too and thought the same about the ‘healthy diet’!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Today’s menu was:

Breakfast - none

Lunch - bag of pork crunch, peperami

Dinner - fathead pizza with pepperoni and Polish sausage followed by 3 Hotel Chocolat 100% buttons.

Just debating whether to try out @Brunneria ‘s peanut square recipe. Only have almond butter but sure it would do the job. Extra thick double cream is in plentiful supply.

Stronggirlsclub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I get my SF maple syrup from Skinny Caffe on line along with their pancake mix. It’s a website aimed at the low calorie market but those two products happen to be low carb too You’ve no doubt see my regular postings of my Saturday lunch of pancakes with bacon and maple syrup?
I saw the item about NAFLD too and thought the same about the ‘healthy diet’!

Oh my word....pancakes with bacon a mind maple syrup.....that’s literally my idea of heaven.

Do they taste as good as the real thing?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh my word....pancakes with bacon a mind maple syrup.....that’s literally my idea of heaven.

Do they taste as good as the real thing?

They are delicious. I’d challenge anyone to tell that they were low carb. Here’s a link to their website if you fancy ordering some. If you register they often send money off codes. I don’t think I’ve ever paid full price!
https://theskinnycaffe.com/collections/frontpage

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
B. 2 pieces of HiLo toast with cheddar, black tea, black coffee
A.M. Black coffee, small piece orange polenta cake.
L. Fish and chips (small portion) in pub, tap water
P.M. salted mixed nuts
D. Stirfried prawns and green vege, egg roll, Asian style coconut sauce.
In mitigation I walked 7 miles so I hope I used the midday carbs immediately!

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lunch today was pretty yummy. I had a salad of lettuce leaves, left over fajita chicken, guacamole and cheddar cheese.

Before lunch; 8.9
2 Hr after lunch; 8.4

I’m happy enough with my post prandial rise, just wish it was starting from a lower baseline.
It will come. Mine are awful at the moment due to illness but I know they will drop back once I shake it. Took me quite a few months to get good figures but you get there.

Reactions: ziggy_w

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just debating whether to try out @Brunneria ‘s peanut square recipe. Only have almond butter but sure it would do the job. Extra thick double cream is in plentiful supply.

Debate didn’t last long. Here’s my version of chocolatty, nut buttery, creamy desert. Not even a microwave involved. Added extra thick double cream, a spoon of almond butter and some broken pieces of 100% buttons to a ramekin. Delicious.

Now the question is whether to have seconds.

Attachments

• BBCA28AF-8626-4506-842D-0DF54635E70E.jpeg
    BBCA28AF-8626-4506-842D-0DF54635E70E.jpeg
    122.8 KB · Views: 235
Reactions: ziggy_w and DJC3

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

@Rachox where do you get sugar free maple syrup? I’ve seen you mention it before and I’ve looked in Sainsbury’s but no joy.

@shelley262 I’m impressed by your energy, think you deserve more than 1 glass.

I am doing 18:6 fast today which is a bit more achievable I think, thanks for the encouragement yesterday Shelley

Went on a walk this morning with my Macmillan exercise group - the Macmillan nurse bought everyone a hot chocolate at the cafe afterwards, I had a peppermint tea and was very pleased with myself!

Lunch: leftover DD keto chicken casserole. Sugar free jelly and Greek yoghurt.

Dinner: mixed grill with 1 and 1/2 Naked Cumberland sausages, 1/2 a posh burger, 1 small thin pork chop, 1/2 grilled tomato, mushroom stuffed with stilton. And a handful of wilted spinach.

Well done
Debate didn’t last long. Here’s my version of chocolatty, nut buttery, creamy desert. Not even a microwave involved. Added extra thick double cream, a spoon of almond butter and some broken pieces of 100% buttons to a ramekin. Delicious.

Now the question is whether to have seconds.
youve tempted us all now!

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am just soooo lazy!
My idea of a low carb choc peanut square is to take a square of gorgeously dark choc, add a teasp of peanut butter, and eat it.
No baking required at all! ;):D;)

Of course, now I have to get some extra thick double cream and try that on top of the PB... precarious, but lush!
Like the idea of your low carb choc peanut square :)

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Late eating tonight so will have to update later, however today has been good food wise but not so good work wise, busy, didn’t finish my last task and a bit stressful :(
Breakfast was good, my partner cooked me an omelette
Lunch was rocket, spinach and watercress salad, a couple of baby plum tomatoes, yellow pepper, 2 sausages and mayonnaise it was lovely
Dinner I have eaten pork chops and buttered black kale

BG 5.6 will post the 2 hr reading later

Reactions: DJC3

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 8.6 FBG 7.2 - sounds OK but I've been mostly high 9's low 10's all day. Didn't make Aqua. Just not fit enough yet. Also reached the point where nothing appeals to me and I don't want to cook.
B. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream
L. 1/2 Mattesons smoked sausage
D. Venison burger, light cheese slice and 2 Strong Roots spinach bites.

Still lots of water and paracetamol. Had to go out and get food and the rain has been replaced by thick fog. Hubby's cough is worse than mine. These strong roots bites are nice but surprisingly carby. 10g in 2 but since I'm not that hungry 2 were ok with a venison burger. Was at 10.4 before food and still 10.4. Hate being ill.

Reactions: DJC3

Stronggirlsclub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream (2 tsp) washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: cold roast chicken, salad of raw cauli, brocolli and sweet pepper with Caesar dressing and a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Dinner: 4 x seafood sticks, raw cauli, brocolli and radish salad, pork scratchings and coleslaw, followed by chocolate and hazelnut Oppo and strawberries.

Stronggirlsclub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream (2 tsp) washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: cold roast chicken, salad of raw cauli, brocolli and sweet pepper with Caesar dressing and a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Dinner: 4 x seafood sticks, raw cauli, brocolli and radish salad, pork scratchings and coleslaw, followed by chocolate and hazelnut Oppo and strawberries.

Sounds like a great food day.

I love the sound of your salads!