What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Evening/Morning, whatever it is!! 4.1 this morning still with a twitchy lens!!! Makes life interesting at the minute. Can't wait for these nights to finish, roll on Saturday morning!!!

Enjoy your evening everyone, and more importantly take care.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
The 4s gang are way too cool for me I fear. Can’t imagine ever being allowed in there but I applaud you and will be cheering wildly as you go through that door.
@DJC3 it definitely won't be tomorrow because I've not skipped back to Oxford but rather limped and the stress of the last week and especially today is already telling me that my madam is acting up, little sod. You will be cheering for me soon as I will be for you and everyone who's happy with their FBG

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Digging hoe and raking work - 4.9 in breakfast slot. (bg was 6 immediately after hoeing etc. Tested at 30 mins after 5.3 and 1 hr after - 4.9. I read early on to leave 1 hr after heavier exercise before testing. I assume my liver pumps out fuel while working and body adjusts - I had tea with double cream during this which I think accounts for 4.9) Just trimmed hedge using his and hers trimmers. Mine is a beast, new boys toy Stihl very long reach trimmer. Mrs IPS has a baby one with a safety key for starting. Using the "cut offs" as a mulch at base of hedge and around raspberries. @DJC3 did your mini Tour de France do the trick?

Edit: Does the piece in italics seem right to others or am I way off beam?
mulch, thinking about that, might use some pooh as I haven't got any hedges

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
mulch, thinking about that, might use some pooh as I haven't got any hedges
That has placed all kinds of images in my head. I am hoping we are talking about bags of horse manure or similar

Last edited:

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow there’s always so much to catch up on when I’m working ( cannot access site at work for some reason) as I read thru I think - oooh. I will respond to that one and that one and then I forget when I get to the end. I do remember @alf_Josiah offering challenges tho and keep missing the op to take part - I did say Aaahhhrrgggh jimlad to my SO and he just stared at me lol. But I did smile at everybody I encountered- I always do. I’m super friendly. Hopefully it made somebody smile too. Can I have special dispensation to do them a day after everybody else? Lol. Night all and fantastic numbers to one and all xx

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Wow there’s always so much to catch up on when I’m working ( cannot access site at work for some reason) as I read thru I think - oooh. I will respond to that one and that one and then I forget when I get to the end. I do remember @alf_Josiah offering challenges tho and keep missing the op to take part - I did say Aaahhhrrgggh jimlad to my SO and he just stared at me lol. But I did smile at everybody I encountered- I always do. I’m super friendly. Hopefully it made somebody smile too. Can I have special dispensation to do them a day after everybody else? Lol. Night all and fantastic numbers to one and all xx

Hello, the pirate challenge was set by Mr @dunelm and of course you may have a dispensation. A smile costs nothing and a houmourus word may brighten somebody's bad day. Night nite.

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh wow @Stephenm 2 ( is there a stephenm 1 ?) fantastic numbers well done, I’m so glad for you - that’s a massive achievement.
Well me hearties I am swimming towards the shallow end to be in the gang if 4’s it was a pleasant 6.4 this morning. I think we are going to sunny hunny -Hunstanton- today, never been before. Hope it’s lovely and hope all your days are lovely too.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. FBG highest it’s been in a long while at 5.9. Up and down all night with cramps and digestive issues. So glad it’s Friday. Been a long week at work and I have Tuesday off as well as the bank holiday so 4 days to straighten myself out.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh wow @Stephenm 2 ( is there a stephenm 1 ?) fantastic numbers well done, I’m so glad for you - that’s a massive achievement.
Well me hearties I am swimming towards the shallow end to be in the gang if 4’s it was a pleasant 6.4 this morning. I think we are going to sunny hunny -Hunstanton- today, never been before. Hope it’s lovely and hope all your days are lovely too.
You too flexi06

Mick1959

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning to all

Today my blood sacrifice to Lady Vampira was 6.4.

It would asppear my membership of 5's club was only temporary. I shall apply for permanent membership in due course

Well, as it is the start of a bank holidays weekend, may you all have a wonderful weekend