ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Sorry @JohnnyBaker12021970 I haven't been available much. Little one has Scarlet Fever and has been very ill. Now he's on antibiotics and more willing to take calpol and liquid ibuprofen (for his raw sore throat, sandpaper feeling skin rash, white creamed tongue with peelings and extremely high temperature) he's perking up.
It has come out of the blue and very aggressive.
A few nights of distress and pulled mum out of bed to put on and watch recorded cartoons. He must like zombie company, me thinks.
Hoping for a more settled night than last nights four wake up calls... tonight.
I'm thankful that gp picked up scarlet fever so quickly and prescribed phenoxymethylpenicillin liquid. GP reassured us that our last visit with rash was definitely just an allergy not the start of this scarlet fever or slap cheek as suggested by school. I agree as he didn't have cheek and rash together.
Not sure others would agree.

Looking forward to the long weekend and little one well enough to return to school.

Hi @13lizanne. Lovely to see your posts.
Your recent support has been a huge help and very reassuring. Little one is a much happier little man now mammy isn't so stressed out. He got a climbing frame with slide for his birthday, no. 5 helium balloon and a 'soldier force' play set with tanks and aeroplanes (miniiture toys).
We recorded Street Hawk for him recently as he loves motorbikes. My favourite TV programme as a teenager... never been girlie girlie.
He's learning to play now so I'm delighted with how things are progressing. Slow but better.

Older boy and I have returned to swimming pool but having to taxi home as I cannot walk without pain. Little one will be joining in once hugely better. I'm looking forward to teaching him to swim in his dad's arms. He looks great in his swim suit and armbands with matching goggles. Goggle wearing may be a tough step to implement thou. He refuses sunglasses and may need glasses after his optician visit yet.
Hope your family are well. You especially.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
The nurse at the clinic has now discharged him as she feels there is no more they can do for him. She is however going to write to the gp to have the pregabalin strength increased as Ron is only on 25mg twice a day. She said it can go up to 300mg but if after 200mg it doesn't work then it never will. She was hoping that he would of been to Derby hospital by now but that's not until a week on Wednesday. She also did say of another medication for his mood which may help him with sleeping . It will be two weeks before all this gets put in place because that's how long we have to wait for hospital to write it to our gp. Even then in the past Ron's had to make an appointment with gp to get the medication.
I'm on 75mg twice a day.
I think physio consultant hinted to have mine increased but I haven't seen my gp for me since that appointment yet.
My pelvis is locking when trying to walk. Bgs have been uncontrollable but have increased insulins to replace metformin til I can return back on it. I really miss the weight loss of its 2stones, which isn't helping my back either.
I'm much healthier on metformin, for everything.
Still having occasional grumbling intestines but buscupan equivalent is great for it. I'm desperate to return to its benefits.
Iron treatment still has a month+ to complete. No constipation. In fact perfect movements on iron. I might see if I can cope with a multivitamin+iron and increased dietary iron filled foods.

Ive never needed to give my diet this much attention. I just lost my appetite.

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
How is @eldergarth and @tina_marie today?

How is @heh

Morning @JohnnyBaker12021970. I admire your full health challenges. You are a star for being so attentive to your needs. Well done.
Hi Vicky still struggling through , looking forward to derby royal next week and the answers I need. I'm still in pain and not sleeping, blood sugars still all over the place but I'm still getting on with life best I can. The fog in my head is starting again so forgetting what I was going to say

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi ickihun. All good here in the scouse house. I've been very busy at work. Alan has the date for the lumbar facet injection he needs, 8th June. We are away in the motorhome this weekend, cracking weather forecast down here.
Sorry to hear your little one has been ill, I believe scarlet fever has been doing the rounds.

@JohnnyBaker12021970 well done with the not smoking
Sorry you're feeling so ill @eldergarth

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi Vicky still struggling through , looking forward to derby royal next week and the answers I need. I'm still in pain and not sleeping, blood sugars still all over the place but I'm still getting on with life best I can. The fog in my head is starting again so forgetting what I was going to say
I admire you too @eldergarth. You too are brave and try your very best to cope with your ailing health.
We 3 are something. 3 brave soldiers fighting on.
I just wish someone would tell me what's going on with my body. You too. I know.
@JohnnyBaker12021970 seems to know the most about his health and what his body needs and what parts are going wrong and why.
I will be insisting on the same.
My poor GP will need his own painkillers by the headache I can be.... when I start. Ooooh! :wideyed:

Reactions: tina_marie and heh

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Good Morning, my lovely, wonderful friends on Type 2 Life,

Thank you for your wonderful concern, supportive comments and insurmountable encouragement. I have had a struggles and trials of late but that's what Jesus and Holy Eternal Father God are helping me with. The Bible tells us "The Devil iz ztalking about like an angry lion, seeing whom he can devour knowing his time on Earth is short." Soon we shall be in the new System of Things, spoken of in Revelation 21:1, hence the new heaven and the new Earth. And God assures us that there will be a resurrection of the righteous and the unrighteous. That means I'll see my Mum, my sister and my Nanna again in a beautiful earthly Paradise.

I narf had a good swim yesterday and swam several half lengths of breast stroke and the chlorinated water cleansed all my skin and I felt so lovely and clean afterwards. Plus my intercostal muscle sprain feels a bit better today! Praise God the Father and His Son Jesus!

And I admire you, too, @eldergarth, in spite of your tremendous suffering and debilitating and excruciating health conditions. You're a lovely man. I prayed for you last night with my little candle which symbolises the presence of my beloved Lord and I'm praying that you get the healing of Holy Spirit in your life very soon. You're such a positive, lovely and friendly man and I pray, with earnest, for you as I do, wholeheartedly for @ickihun, Debrasue, and others.

Lots of love to all my special friends in Jesus, God's only begotten Son,

@JohnnyBsker12021970, a sufferer of Asperger Syndrome and Adult ADHD xXx.

Reactions: Petaluk

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Good Morning, my lovely, wonderful friends on Type 2 Life,

Thank you for your wonderful concern, supportive comments and insurmountable encouragement. I have had a struggles and trials of late but that's what Jesus and Holy Eternal Father God are helping me with. The Bible tells us "The Devil iz ztalking about like an angry lion, seeing whom he can devour knowing his time on Earth is short." Soon we shall be in the new System of Things, spoken of in Revelation 21:1, hence the new heaven and the new Earth. And God assures us that there will be a resurrection of the righteous and the unrighteous. That means I'll see my Mum, my sister and my Nanna again in a beautiful earthly Paradise.

I narf had a good swim yesterday and swam several half lengths of breast stroke and the chlorinated water cleansed all my skin and I felt so lovely and clean afterwards. Plus my intercostal muscle sprain feels a bit better today! Praise God the Father and His Son Jesus!

And I admire you, too, @eldergarth, in spite of your tremendous suffering and debilitating and excruciating health conditions. You're a lovely man. I prayed for you last night with my little candle which symbolises the presence of my beloved Lord and I'm praying that you get the healing of Holy Spirit in your life very soon. You're such a positive, lovely and friendly man and I pray, with earnest, for you as I do, wholeheartedly for @ickihun, Debrasue, and others.

Lots of love to all my special friends in Jesus, God's only begotten Son,

@JohnnyBsker12021970, a sufferer of Asperger Syndrome and Adult ADHD xXx.
Your swimming is putting me to shame. I did stretches and a few yards of swimming. When walking out of the pool my body weight hit me like lead. I'm dragging around this heavy weight, that needs to go. I'm desperate to lose weight, instead without metformin I've added recently. :( i have to wait until stomach problem is resolved to restart it.
I have no patience Johnny.

Ditto about Ron. He's such a storm trooper. I'm praying Derby hospital sort him out.

Reactions: tina_marie

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Your swimming is putting me to shame. I did stretches and a few yards of swimming. When walking out of the pool my body weight hit me like lead. I'm dragging around this heavy weight, that needs to go. I'm desperate to lose weight, instead without metformin I've added recently. :( i have to wait until stomach problem is resolved to restart it.

Ditto about Ron. He's such a storm trooper. I'm praying Derby hospital sort him out.
James 1:4 is a good commandment of the good, humble Lord, @ickihun. It states:- "Let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing." Sometimes, dear @ickihun, I can be very impatient and intolerant of circumstances, but when I'm in that situation I meditate on that epistle, James 1:4, and pray for guidance from Holy Spirit. The translation of the Holy Bible I quoted from is the King James, or Authorised, Version. I love you, @ickihun, you've got amazing courage to withstand all your trials, which I know must be a Cross for you to bear. I've just prayed for you with your prayer candle I have designated for you.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes

I'm praying for @eldergarth, too, @ickihun, and @tina_marie, his spouse and carer. I love them both to bits.

Reactions: tina_marie

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
My Fasting Blood Glucose Reading at 10:18 Ante Meridian, British Summer Time, on this beautiful South West London sunny day of Friday 4th May 2018 in the Christian Era is an impeccable 5.9 Millimoles Per Litre.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Dear Friends,

I've just been watching Neighbours on 5-SELECT on Sky Channel 153 where Jane (Plain Jane Superbrain) Harris played by Annie Jones (Annika Jasko of Hungarian extraction) whom I used to watch in Reg Grundy's Neighbours on BBC-1 every weekday at 5:35 post meridian when I was a teenager. Jane was reminiscing about old times back in the eighties with Paul Robinson (Stefan Dennis) until she got a call that her Nan Nell Worthington (nee Mangel) had passed away. Mrs Mangel and Jane and Scott and Charlene and Helen Daniels and Jim Robinson and Des and Daphne and Clive Gibbons were great characters in this soap and I used to watch it as part of my daily routine.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Dear Friends,

I've just been watching Neighbours on 5-SELECT on Sky Channel 153 where Jane (Plain Jane Superbrain) Harris played by Annie Jones (Annika Jasko of Hungarian extraction) whom I used to watch in Reg Grundy's Neighbours on BBC-1 every weekday at 5:35 post meridian when I was a teenager. Jane was reminiscing about old times back in the eighties with Paul Robinson (Stefan Dennis) until she got a call that her Nan Nell Worthington (nee Mangel) had passed away. Mrs Mangel and Jane and Scott and Charlene and Helen Daniels and Jim Robinson and Des and Daphne and Clive Gibbons were great characters in this soap and I used to watch it as part of my daily routine.
Me too.
Like many others I fancied Jason Donovan. More so after him serenading Charlene (Kiley Minogue). :) :) :)
I was so innocent and adventurous in those days. When Toadie became a lawyer it really hit a note as I was in the middle of my law degree too.
Great TV in the days of only 4 channels!

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Dear Friends,

My blood glucose reading, tonight, at 10:25 post meridian British Summer Time today on Sunday 6th May 2018 in the Christian Era was 6.6 millimoles per litre. I've just eaten a can of green beans and canned green spinach with a pinch of salt, finely ground black pepper and Clover margarine, melted over it. Earlier on, I ate pilchards on wholemeal toast. What beautiful hot sunny weather - it really is warm and lovely.

Reactions: Guzzler

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Dear Friends,

My blood glucose reading, tonight, at 10:25 post meridian British Summer Time today on Sunday 6th May 2018 in the Christian Era was 6.6 millimoles per litre. I've just eaten a can of green beans and canned green spinach with a pinch of salt, finely ground black pepper and Clover margarine, melted over it. Earlier on, I ate pilchards on wholemeal toast. What beautiful hot sunny weather - it really is warm and lovely.

Good evening Johnny, your blood glucose levels are showing great improvement, well done!

Yes, summer has finally arrived with a bang and how lovely it has been. I have been out sitting watching my son hard at work in the garden today. He is completely overhauling a whole bed so lots of digging, adding grit and raking. He is now fast asleep! Tomorrow he will be planting the new shrubs especially bought to replace the tired old ones. My blood glucose levels were higher than usual today but it was nice to get some free vitamin D. :)

Reactions: ickihun

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Dear Friends,

My intercostal muscle sprain/bruising is still very sore and tender and has never really healed up. My fasting blood glucose reading today at 7:30 ante meridian, british summer time is 8.0 millimoles per litre.

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning @JohnnyBaker12021970
When did you last see someone about your sprain? Seems to have been going on for a long time. Saying that last year I dislocated my little finger and it took about 6 months to stop hurting.

We had a lovely weekend away in the motorhome, the weather was glorious. We were mainly good with our diet but I did have a lovely slice of carrot cake with a latte on Saturday :D it was deeeeelish ;)

Back to work today but it's a short week :)

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I received a very upsetting letter from Lambeth Council about seeking repossession of my council flat owing to there being rent arrears in excess of eight hundred pounds which my care coordinator, Vanessa, is dealing with via my corporate appointee who looks after my money called Andrew. Vanessa has arranged for my Carer from Holistic Community Care called Maxwell to collect the documentation and take it back to his care agency administration department and scan it and email it to Vanessa so she and my appointee can deal with it. I don't like owing my landlord - Lambeth Council - a lot of money because the Bible instructs us to "owe no man anything".

I don't have to do much shopping today because I still have quite a lot of food left over from last week and most of the food that I have left over, is dried, canned and long-life goods. I might treat myself to a lamb doner kebab and some nicotine replacement therapy oral sprays with my money. Plus my Carer, I think, collects my utilities today and put them on for me.

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I received a very upsetting letter from Lambeth Council about seeking repossession of my council flat owing to there being rent arrears in excess of eight hundred pounds which my care coordinator, Vanessa, is dealing with via my corporate appointee who looks after my money called Andrew.
If someone looks after your finances how have you ended up in rent arrears? Surely it should be up to date?