Regular moderate exercise log

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
15,150. Thanks to some frantic catching up tonight- it was my last X-PERT Diabetes course today- half a day at my desk trying to get as much work as **** done before I left and 3 hours sitting in the course- had a lot of stepping to make up.

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all, I’m back from my couple of days away, no formal exercise but a lot of walking around, sightseeing and shopping. Unfortunately a lot of sitting in tea shops too.

@flexi06 you are doing really well with great walking results.

@ianpspurs you sound really down in the dumps, are you feeling physically unwell or just out of sorts? I hope it passes soon, it’s not like the you I have come to know on here.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
No training last night as for some reason I feel like death, unexplained lethargy so decided to listen to my body and just rest up. will be back tonight though.

Take care everyone.

Reactions: flexi06 and DJC3

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just a swim for me yesterday, with child so around 30 lengths, mainly breaststroke and in 2 and 4 length sets as child currently won't put the work in :( which makes me grumpy as I load the carbs a bit and came out of the pool at 11.3.

Legs today, with a bit of luck :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs you sound really down in the dumps, are you feeling physically unwell or just out of sorts? I hope it passes soon, it’s not like the you I have come to know on here.
@DJC3 I hope I just copped a virus. Sunday I ate and rank close to my perfect diet long term. Monday I nailed it all with outside exercise and 2 "proper" meals plus learning how to make toffee bars coated in chocolate. Hope it is a virus but fasting has worked well and I can now make bone broth starting with frozen ingredients.
Today will be more sport watching, dozing plus gentle dog walking and maybe lawn mowing.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My daughter bought me a skipping rope and I’ve just had a go. Good God! I managed 10 skips!
I used to skip all the time as a little girl, when did gravity get so strong and how do boxers manage that effortless little movement when training with a skipping rope?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My daughter bought me a skipping rope and I’ve just had a go. Good God! I managed 10 skips!
I used to skip all the time as a little girl, when did gravity get so strong and how do boxers manage that effortless little movement when training with a skipping rope?
All good @DJC3 That's 10 skips more than yesterday and a baseline to judge progression. Would your nearest and dearest have envisaged you skipping and cycling 6 months ago??

Reactions: flexi06 and DJC3

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Todays swim was for 30.09 minutes swimming 1175m mostly breaststroke, with half a dozen lengths or so of crawl thrown in when overtaking was needed then into the gym for legs, they were tired and managed 110kg squats x6 on the heaviest set, with sets of leg curls & extensions and calf raises. I'd had to eat a tube of Glucogel between the pool and the gym as I'd dropped to 4.3 and spiked to 9.9 but have dropped back to 8 when I got home.

Tired now :)

Last edited:
Reactions: flexi06

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My efforts don't even seem worthy of mention after Kev's above. Recovery day today so gentle dog walk, 90 or so minutes lawn mowing split into 3 with sport watching in between. Will end up with 18K steps on fitbit but easing back to life gently.

Reactions: DJC3 and flexi06

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Still officially in rest mode but have clocked up 15,959 steps today - to and from home/work and respective stations, lunchtime walk to M&S Food Hall and a post dinner walk to Waitrose to stock up on cream and then on to Asda. Both clean out of clotted cream!

Musculoskeletal appointment on Tuesday morning.

@ianpspurs how did your appointment go yesterday?

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Work is being a bit more active than usual... which is great for my total step counts but useless for the continuous walking at a brisk pace for 10 minutes or more step count. Telling myself I will catch up on that one over half term is not really working, right now! Neither is trying to talk myself into another 4000 steps. Indecisiveness usually means a rest is a Good Idea!

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My efforts don't even seem worthy of mention after Kev's above. Recovery day today so gentle dog walk, 90 or so minutes lawn mowing split into 3 with sport watching in between. Will end up with 18K steps on fitbit but easing back to life gently.

Don't mind me at all :) I was into sport as a kid and having got T1 at 17 found keep fit kept my meal plates reasonably full, and in later life helps me maintain a degree of sanity keeping the meal plates full still, it helps that the local council leisure centre is less than 5 minutes walk away, and that there's a pool and gym under the same roof.

Exercise: as long as you enjoy it, it raises your heartbeat and you keep it up you're on the right track and it really doesn't matter what the next guy/gal is doing....

Edit. I just re-read that, "in later life" I'm only 51 and going to go have a long serious word with myself about what "in later life" means, :)

Last edited:
Reactions: flexi06

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Japes, did I miss the update on ur apt? @ianpspurs hope ur feeling better. @DJC3

Thank you for asking, @flexi06 , but I've not had any booked appointments recently and next one is the end of June. But I think @ianpspurs had one yesterday?

However, if I don't get the insulin/exercise timings a bit better in the evenings soon, I may be demanding an appointment sooner. to re-adjust things. I'm used to a walk as soon as I've eaten in the evenings, often to one of the supermarkets in walking distance (not a car owner) which no longer seems a good idea and I may need to change that routine.

Mind you, I've been well and truly attacked by some midgies as I walked by the reservoir and maybe they've eaten all the blood glucose which I was wanting to use up on the walk. The cheek of them!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Musculoskeletal appointment on Tuesday morning.
@ianpspurs how did your appointment go yesterday?
@Goonergal MRI was fine yesterday so just waiting for docs to do analysis and let me know. Original appointment was for late July so no idea when I will get to know. I hope your appointment on Tuesday goes well and you get get to know sooner than me.

Reactions: Japes