Weekly weigh in - Fridays

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. 13 stone 5 ( 84.7kg ) . Same as last week. kept to my excercise regime for the week, but cut back on the walking. Will do a bit of both this week to see if i can shift a pound or 2. Have a nice weekend.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Weighing in at 136.70kgs so added due to very bad water retention/inflammation to joints and muscles. Monthly has arrived too, to add its weight.
Next week should be far far less. It had better be!
Seeing MSK on Tuesday for scatica help and advice on bulging discs. Going to take my new bottle of R-ala capsules to show him. I'll restart them once off iron tablets next week.
Insulin need has doubled with no metformin and not low carb avid fan.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all after my two week break from weigh in now back and good news despite my holiday in the first week. My current ear infection - prob picked up from swimming - isn’t kind on my bgs which are higher than normal regardless of what I eat but my weight is still there at its lowest point 9 stone 1 pound or 57kg. A relief as really wasnt sure about what I had to eat because of what was on offer on hols in hotel majority of meat and fish was in sauces which tasted sweet ! Even bacon was sat in a sweetish liquid! I seemed to taste the majority of savoury dishes were sweet tasting wonder if I did before? No wonder we are all heading in a diabetic direction when sugar or similar is put in so many dishes. Only good days were when grills on offer probably would not do full board package hotel again by choice but it was a cheap and easy way of feeding the family. Suppose if all of us not paying much they end up producing cheaper stuff.
Hope everyone has a good week ahead rain is belting down here

Reactions: Prem51 and Freema

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
25/5 - Morning.

Back to my 12 stone 12 lbs :) that I have maintained since May 2017, except for the 'blip' last week of 2 lb increased (maybe I mis-read the scales?)

@ickihun - Possibly? It could of been water retention = was drinking loads more water and not peeing as much out.

Well Done Everybody :).

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just a 0.1kg loss this week, life has got in the way of my daily walks recently, must be stricter, especially now the weather is better!

Started 115kg 9th May’17
Today 78.5kg 25th May’18
Total lost = 36.5kg/5 stone 10 1/2lb

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just a 0.1kg loss this week, life has got in the way of my daily walks recently, must be stricter, especially now the weather is better!

Started 115kg 9th May’17
Today 78.5kg 25th May’18
Total lost = 36.5kg/5 stone 10 1/2lb
Well done @Rachox you are such a great inspiration you keep on going and reducing yes some losses may be more or less but you persistently keep on such an even keel a guiding star to us all. Weather looks challenging for walking here though in Worcestershire rain all day hope it’s better at your end of the uk,

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done @Rachox you are such a great inspiration you keep on going and reducing yes some losses may be more or less but you persistently keep on such an even keel a guiding star to us all. Weather looks challenging for walking here though in Worcestershire rain all day hope it’s better at your end of the uk,

Thank you for your kind words. The weather here is cooler but dry, so no excuse today!

Mal37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Social situations
I have lost all my weight but still weigh myself almost daily because of the danger of it all going back on again. It seems like a never ending job. :mad: I do see the odd fluctuation, but as long as any increases are less than 2lb and disappear again, I'm happy.

Whilst losing I weighed daily (and I'm female) and found this my best motivation. What is essential is to weigh yourself consistently, in the exact same circumstances, at each weigh-in. For me it was first thing in the morning straight after my fasting test, no clothes on, scales in the same spot.

I lost on average 2lbs a week, never more than 3lbs and never less than 1lbs. Very consistent. I think I was lucky.

I wish all of you the best of luck in your journeys and hope you are as successful as I was.
Bluetit you are SO like me with your weighing regime! I go to the bathroom, wash hands, do bg test and then put scales in exactly the same spot in my kitchen, and stand on naked! It made me smile to see how similar we are :D