Weekly weigh in - Fridays

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I was 153.2 lbs last Friday, and 150.8 lbs today, so a loss of 2.4 lbs over the last week. I'm hoping to get below 150 lbs in the next week.

Reactions: Freema and NannyP 2

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Up 1.2kg this week. Not surprised as have been struggling with increased appetite this week - seems I’m going from one extreme to the other, full week of OMAD followed by a week of eating too much. Need to find a middle way.

Reactions: rab5

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. From nowhere I have gained 1.5 kgs over a week and mostly over 2 days. At the same time my fbg has returned to trend as has my general bg pattern. I was not especially well or active yesterday and ate more often but had no big meal. I had thought I did not want to dip below a BMI of 22 but this morning 22.3 is a little high so hopefully all will settle to nearer the new normal. Being more active and seeing off whatever ails me should resolve things. @Goonergal I have said before that I think you may be becoming much more aware of your body making different feeding demands. I don't think they are steady state machines, certainly not diabetic ones.

Reactions: rab5 and Liam1955

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs and @Goonergal hugs but you’ll both balance back I’m sure by next Friday.
I’m meanwhile continuing with my pattern of steadily eating my three small meals a day and slightly less fat - although hungrier yesterday so they were bigger - and am still happily at 9 stone 1 pound, so this pattern clearly suits me and my body. Bgs very steady generally again. I’m hoping the longer it goes on my body will cling to this weight as very happy at this weight.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Same weight as 4wks ago. So no loss again but no add.
Been awake all night with ill 11yr old. Scarlet fever has really caused mayham in our house.

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Same weight as 4wks ago. So no loss again but no add.
Been awake all night with ill 11yr old. Scarlet fever has really caused mayham in our house.

I've had a several kids with scarlet fever over the last year or so - it's horrible - so hugs to all at the ickihun house <3

NannyP 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Looks like 12st 6lb stood straight but when bend to get a closer look it looks like 12st 7lb

SSSooooo think I will go for 12st 7lb. very pleased. slow steady weight loss, through eating lowish carb/Mediterranean style eating and walking dogs daily. Blood glucose levels reflect what I am eating lol

best wishes everyone.

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all. 13 stone 1 ( 83 kg ). 1lb down for me. It was up and down all week, so suprise to log any loss. Keeping to the excercises and walks. Have a great week.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs and @Goonergal hugs but you’ll both balance back I’m sure by next Friday.
@shelley262 I am slowly starting to think that I have a sweet spot around bmi 22 which suits me perfectly and the 3 meal or 2 meal and snacks routine with less fat would suit me. Interestingly, that idea came after musing on one of your posts and mulling over my figures and general impression of how I was fairing.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@shelley262 I am slowly starting to think that I have a sweet spot around bmi 22 which suits me perfectly and the 3 meal or 2 meal and snacks routine with less fat would suit me. Interestingly, that idea came after musing on one of your posts and mulling over my figures and general impression of how I was fairing.
Our bodies do seem to have ideas of their own and mine seems to like this new slow and steady routine that I chose because of cholesterol worries but happens to suit my own bgs and weight. Don’t want to go below bmi of 20 everyone says this suits me so keen not to dip below 9 stone. As you don’t need to lose weight just mainly maintain this may suit you too good luck......

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morening fellow scale crushers.
14st 12lb for me today. A loss but I don't think I posted last Friday never mind.
Eat lots, drink lots and pay the price on the scales, who said life was kind.
Have a good one folks.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well I have been slowly approaching an Overweight BMI instead of an Obese one. Last week I was 0.4kg away. This week I have lost another 0.1kg. However I have reached Overweight this week because I had an accurate height measurement done at a Research Study yesterday and I’m one and 1/2 centimetres taller than my GP record says! :joyful:
So I am no longer Obese for the first time in around 23 years!
Started 115kg 9th May’17 (BMI 43.5)
Today 78.3kg 8th June’18 (BMI 29.6) :happy:
Total lost = 36.7kg/5 stone 11lb

Reactions: joss.t2 and Prem51

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
8/6/18 - Morning All.

Remain at 12 stone 12 lbs.

(Thought I might have lost weight as been on Antibiotics and not eating as much. Just started a short course of Prednisone (Steriod) - Blood Sugars are raised too :(

Well Done Everyone :)

Reactions: Freema and Prem51

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
8/6/18 - Morning All.

Remain at 12 stone 12 lbs.

(Thought I might have lost weight as been on Antibiotics and not eating as much. Just started a short course of Prednisone (Steriod) - Blood Sugars are raised too :(

Well Done Everyone :)
Morning, My personal experience with Prednisolone is that it raises your blood sugars and also affects your appetite, therefore your readings could be slightly askew for the hopefully short period of time that you are on them.
Good luck.

Reactions: Liam1955