Can Anyone Help Please - Event/meeting 1st September- Birmingham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
DIABETES.CO.UK MEETING/EVENT DATE - SATURDAY 1ST SEPTEMBER (exact times to be confirmed)

PLACE – BIRMINGHAM (venue to be announced in the next few days)

I'm currently working on putting together a Low Carb High Fat to control blood sugars, regain your health, avoid complications, and perhaps reverse your diabetes event. It's open to anyone especially those interested in learning more about Diabetes, controlling blood sugars and about the LCHF way of eating. I haven’t organised such an event before so it is a bit of a learning curve. MASSIVE THANKS TO THOSE WHO ARE HELPING ANY WHICH WAY, really could not do it without you. An amazing team effort. Any ideas much appreciated no matter how big or small.

It is coming together quite quickly from just having the idea about 2 weeks ago to having a date set in stone (Saturday 1st September). It is a date that works well for the Diabetes.co.uk team so that they can get all the relevant people there. THEY ARE INVITING LOW CARBERS THEMSELVES SO THATS GREAT. THE MORE THE MERRIER. It's not too far away so it's full steam ahead for planning. Lots of us chat and learn so much from the forum and read the inspirational stories, but I thought it would be really nice for as many of us as possible to have an actual get together. I have had lots of feedback from people who would like to attend which is absolutely amazing. Exciting times.

DIABETES.CO.UK are supporting us massively by sorting a venue, providing food and generally helping with putting the event together. it's a wonderful opportunity for us to meet fellow members face to face, for veterans and experienced members to share their heaps of knowledge and for newcomers to perhaps learn more about their condition and how to deal with it to avoid future complications. Peoples' journeys will be there for you to read, weight loss successes, information on how to reduce HBA1c levels to control blood sugars and enjoy life without complications, info on different ways to incorporate fasting into your journey should you so wish to and the different methods of doing that, ways to incorporate exercise, from armchair to high impact. Info on cholestrol.

We are hoping to have a section of people's recipes including breakfast ideas and cakes if you don't mind sharing these I am gathering your own personal recipes (not from a book or online blogger). Each recipe needs to have a title, for example 'looks horrendous but tastes divine' or 'my ultimate dessert'. There will be low carb food and drink information and much much more.

Lunch will be provided (low carb of course) PLEASE LET ME KNOW AS SOON AS POSSIBLE IF YOU CAN ATTEND. If you need any help in planning journeys please let me know as I might be able to help.

There will be a before and after photos section I NEED LOTS OF BEFORE AND AFTER PHOTOS FOLKS!!! and I'm looking for anyone who has lost weight with the LCHF woe to please contact me if they don't mind me using their photos at the event. I also need their weight loss details and HBA1c before and after. I have some kind volunteers already by many more needed. We would like to reach the '100 STONE LOST THE LCHF WAY AND REVERSED OUR DIABETES' mark. Would make a fantastic headline.It's just great to see and share the motivational results too.

The DIABETES.CO.UK photographer and PR team will be there to take a photo of our success (but you only need to get in front of the camera shot should you so wish and if you do.... bring your old big clothes!!!). WE THOUGHT OF HAVING AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE IN THE ONE PHOTO – MAXIMUM IMPACT SHOWING HOW THE LCHF HAS HELPED US LOSE WEIGHT AND OUR HBA1c LEVELS, CONTROL OUR BLOOD SUGARS AND ENJOY LIFE WITHOUT COMPLICATIONS. We are the people with this condition and as ambassadors there is no better way of getting the message out. Showing people there is another way that might not have to involve medication. That might mean the disease does not need to be progressive as we are led to believe. A healthier way of dealing with it. It's a great opportunity to show the world how eating LCHF can reverse/put into remission/control this beast and help us regain good health.

This will hopefully be the first of many meetings between us and we can go from strength to strength as a group with the help and support from DIABETES.CO.UK without which it would not be possible.

Please contact me for further information, if you have any questions/ideas or to confirm whether or not you might be able to attend. Many thanks.

Last edited:

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
Hi. This is a wonderful idea - well done you!! I would love to go to such an event although I'm on holiday on 1 Sep. If there is a follow up event (which I hope there will be) then I would deffo try and make it.
I will send you a couple of recipes (DM? or post here? what do you prefer?)
My before and after shots are probably not helpful because I wasn't massively overweight and though I've lost 2 stone and certainly look and feel better (I'll others judge on the looks), I always carried my weight quite well.
Feel free to use my 1st 50 day blog if you want.
How are you going to market the event? If there is a link for social media then happy to share it.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for putting thread together @Debandez youre doing a great job. You know I’m already involved and going but just wanted to clarify as venue and lunch provided by diabetes.co.uk is there going to be a max cut off for numbers and / or a date before which anyone should let you know if they can make it?

Reactions: Debandez

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@rhubarb73 your comments are so encouraging. Thank you. I hope it's successful and will be the first of many. See you at the next one (thinking positive!).

I think DM recipes. @shelley262 is recipe monitor :) we will work it between us.

We can include weight loss for anyone who can't attend so 2 STONE is a fantastic achievement and I'm thrilled to add it towards our target of 100 stone. You love LCHF woe then? Great isn't it. Your hba1c reflects well.

I'm not sure how to market yet. I think I will see what response I get on here first and take it from there. All new to me!!! Thanks again. And well done.

Last edited:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for putting thread together @Debandez youre doing a great job. You know I’m already involved and going but just wanted to clarify as venue and lunch provided by diabetes.co.uk is there going to be a max cut off for numbers and / or a date before which anyone should let you know if they can make it?
I was just replying to you funnily enough on my laptop! My phone went off and I'm now on my mobile. My iPad is in on the act too!! With it being such short notice I'm thinking the take up won't be massive. But I would love it to be! Holiday season too. I should have confirmation on venue over next few days and I will clarify how many we can go up to. Thanks @shelley262

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Save me a seat! I’m coming! I’ll send my LC chocolate granola recipe. I started it from one I saw on line. However by the time I had finished making it I had changed it quite a lot to use ingredients I already had, so it ended up quite different from the original recipe, more choclately! :hungry: I’ll send it to @shelley262 . Where shall I send my before and after shots?

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Recipes welcome please DM direct to me or via Debra.
I’m currently putting a food and drinks lCHF ideas pack together and any original recipes welcome. A big thank you in anticipation

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I wish I could help with recipes but I slavishly follow recipes. You can add my current weight loss of 14 kg or 2st 2lb.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Save me a seat! I’m coming! I’ll send my LC chocolate granola recipe. I started it from one I saw on line. However by the time I had finished making it I had changed it quite a lot to use ingredients I already had, so it ended up quite different from the original recipe, more choclately! :hungry: I’ll send it to @shelley262 . Where shall I send my before and after shots?

Your place will have your name written in lights on it !!! Any receipe that involves chocolate is a winner in my receipe book!!! Brilliant thanks @Rachox
You can send before and after shots by PM to me - I've made up a 'before and after pics' folder. Sorry but @Goonergall has got the number 1 slot in this folder :) she was rapid!!!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m currently putting a food and drinks lCHF ideas pack together and any original recipes welcome. A big thank you in anticipation

I don’t really do recipes as I eat quite plain and simple food, but will send through the lazy dessert as it may be useful for others. Maybe the zucchini cake too as what I ended up with was a long way from the original.

Will PM them through.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I wish I could help with recipes but I slavishly follow recipes. You can add my current weight loss of 14 kg or 2st 2lb.

no sooner said than done!
@xfieldok have you a starting and current HBA1c?

No pressure re recipes, Im in the throw it all in the wok girl and just need to come up with a title for my concoction now!

I'm thinking we could make this an annual event :) how nice would that be......

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I don’t really do recipes as I eat quite plain and simple food, but will send through the lazy dessert as it may be useful for others. Maybe the zucchini cake too as what I ended up with was a long way from the original.

Will PM them through.

fantastic - they sound perfect - maybe we could do our own book!!! Food for diabetics BY diabetics (needs a catchier title though)!!! @Rachox you have another challenge!!! We need to sort this and take to Dragons Den :)

Could you PM them to @shelley262 thanks @Goonergal

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
fantastic - they sound perfect - maybe we could do our own book!!! Food for diabetics BY diabetics (needs a catchier title though)!!! @Rachox you have another challenge!!! We need to sort this and take to Dragons Den :)

Could you PM them to @shelley262 thanks @Goonergal

Done! Most of my ‘recipes’ are of the ‘take meat/fish out of fridge, fry/grill/roast, add vegetables (optional), eat’ variety

Reactions: shelley262

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@shelley262 shout me if you need me - Im right here! Thank you so much

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I get my latest HbA1c result on Wednesday, will let you know the full range then.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’ve always found my MySugr estimated HbA1cs are pretty close so I think if people don’t have an up to date Lab result it would be acceptable to use them. I’m not declaring mine yet as I have my next blood test this Monday.....

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

*puts thinking cap on! :joyful:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Will PM them through.
THanks @Goonergal got them

Reactions: Goonergal

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Your place will have your name written in lights on it !!! Any receipe that involves chocolate is a winner in my receipe book!!! Brilliant thanks @Rachox
You can send before and after shots by PM to me - I've made up a 'before and after pics' folder. Sorry but @Goonergall has got the number 1 slot in this folder :) she was rapid!!!
Will sort out mine later this evening and send by email to you. I did send to Natalie but will send to you too with my stats too

Status
Not open for further replies.