Can Anyone Help Please - Event/meeting 1st September- Birmingham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant @Crocodile that you are behind us. Good to have such great support from so many. I think all those who are going feel it's such a wonderful opportunity to meet face to face with some of their heros (i put myself in that bracket). We can talk to our hearts content about LCHF which will please us no end!! :) We are waiting to see how many we can have at the event as diabetes.co.uk are funding it. Depending on what that figure is will reflect who we can open it up to. Obviously we dont want to preach just to the converted! Hopefully we will get the story in the press to spread the word (photographer and pr team will be there). To show the amazing results that can be achieved. Inspirational hba1c stories linked to before and after photos. Then the world is our oyster (forever the optimist me). It may just be the local papers. I received a lot of feedback from my article a few weeks back and was able to help a lot of people which made me very happy. Some have lost a significant amount of weight since. I feel confident from the feedback over the past few days that we will reach our 100 stone loss target and the headline 'we ditched 100 stone by ditching the carbs' or something to that effect will be achievable. I'm sure everyone attending will get something very positive from it and we can all feed it back to our local communities all over the UK including our gp surgeries. I know I will be doing that as soon as I can. Every little helps.

Last edited:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Debandez, sounds like it will be a great event however not sure I'll be able to make it but will try as would be great to meet up with people I have read so much about!

Been on the forum for 2.5 years and here is my brief story. Was diagnosed Type 2 in December 2015 with an HbA1c of 64, weight 75kg and advised to go on metformin which I declined. Immediately found this website, bought a meter and started a LCH lifestyle. Three months after diagnosis my HbA1c was 40 and weight down to 66kg. Now 2.5 years on my weight is 59kg and my HbA1c hovers around 38. So in summary, have lost 16kgs in weight and bought HbA1c into non diabetic range. Certainly do not need to loose any more weight but would be delighted if my HbA1c drops a little further. Just as an add on all other bloods are in optimal range including fasting insulin which I have tested privately.

Would be happy for you to use the above info but sadly no before and after photos. Please do keep me updated on the meeting in the event I may be able to attend and good luck with it all.

Fantastic. Will reply in full tomorrow but just wanted to thank you for this now. What an achievement.

Reactions: CoastGirl

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My story
Readers digest version.
DX November 2017 122

Was told to have a good Christmas, come back in the new year.

Came home and got straight on to Google. Read, read and read some more. Found this forum and drank in the posts. Lurked a while before joining in the conversations. Knew early on diet was key. Ordered a meter, started low carb. Result 6 months later HbA1c 35.

Reactions: DJC3

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Would be great to see you there if you can make it

Hi @Debandez, sounds like it will be a great event however not sure I'll be able to make it but will try as would be great to meet up with people I have read so much about!

Been on the forum for 2.5 years and here is my brief story. Was diagnosed Type 2 in December 2015 with an HbA1c of 64, weight 75kg and advised to go on metformin which I declined. Immediately found this website, bought a meter and started a LCH lifestyle. Three months after diagnosis my HbA1c was 40 and weight down to 66kg. Now 2.5 years on my weight is 59kg and my HbA1c hovers around 38. So in summary, have lost 16kgs in weight and bought HbA1c into non diabetic range. Certainly do not need to loose any more weight but would be delighted if my HbA1c drops a little further. Just as an add on all other bloods are in optimal range including fasting insulin which I have tested privately.

Would be happy for you to use the above info but sadly no before and after photos. Please do keep me updated on the meeting in the event I may be able to attend and good luck with it all.
Would be great to meet you if you can make it

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
Ok I can see the front cover now!

LOW
C
arbs,
A
R
ecipe
B ook which
O f course
H elps
Y our
D iabetes and
R eally
A ll
T astes
E xcellent
S till!

:joyful::hilarious:

A is for “and other stuff”

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
I think those attending should get a t shirt printed with your profile picture so people know who you are.
That’s obviously easy for me to say cos I won’t be there

caroline_92

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Debandez Now I am back to my PC after a weekend away I will PM you my details & before & after photos which you are welcome to add to your collection for the event. They have been shared in various places before but I am assuming PM is easiest for you :)

Let me know if you need any help collating information from people, as I am good at this sort of thing! And see you on the 1st...

Reactions: Guzzler

Mandi05

Type of diabetes
Type 2
@Debandenz wow! Well done you! I’m definitely interested! I have actually lost weight but I don’t think it shows that much as I wasn’t massively big. Plus I’m rubbish with recipes lol!
But I managed to lower my HbA1C tremendously in just 3 months with the help from this forum! Can I send you the numbers?
Great job! See you there!!

sarahlou72

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A fantastic idea. Unfortunately i won't be able to go. If you ever organise one in Sheffield/Doncaster area I would definitely be interested.

Reactions: Debandez

Jemz

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fantastic idea
Well done to everyone involved.
I shall be coming to improve my knowledge from those who are proof of its effectiveness.
I'll look out for updates

bsandie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
My story
Readers digest version.
DX November 2017 122

Was told to have a good Christmas, come back in the new year.

Came home and got straight on to Google. Read, read and read some more. Found this forum and drank in the posts. Lurked a while before joining in the conversations. Knew early on diet was key. Ordered a meter, started low carb. Result 6 months later HbA1c 35.
Similar to me although the surgery gave me a meter then wouldn't prescribe more than about 50 test strips a year becauze I wasn't on insulin (luckily I'm able to buy them myself). Was told basically 'here you go don't eat cakes or sweets come back in ...'

bsandie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Would love to attend this. I'm in London at the moment but happy to travel to Birmingham if the venue has parking not too far away. However by 1st Sep I may have just moved to Suffolk (with bit of luck) so would have to check how easy it might be from there.
After all that....I guess I'm a maybe!

Kbarbaracollins_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Would love to come- what a great initiative!
T1 for 19 years and followed Low Carb Hi Protein for 18 of those .
I’ve never been overweight and maintain 59 kg . Low Carb has meant I’ve been able to hang onto some beta cells and still only take about 20 units insulin a day in total. My HbA1C down from 6.7 to 5.8 now using Libre and MiaoMiao.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi , new to all this forum stuff but would be interested in the meeting in Birmingham,hopefully will gain more information on this condition it much coming from doctor.

JVH2310

Type of diabetes
Type 1
DIABETES.CO.UK MEETING/EVENT DATE - SATURDAY 1ST SEPTEMBER (exact times to be confirmed)

PLACE – BIRMINGHAM (venue to be announced in the next few days)

I'm currently working on putting together a Low Carb High Fat to reverse your diabetes event. It's open to anyone especially those interested in learning more about Diabetes, controlling blood sugars and about the LCHF way of eating. I haven’t organised such an event before so it is a bit of a learning curve. MASSIVE THANKS TO THOSE WHO ARE HELPING ANY WHICH WAY, really could not do it without you. An amazing team effort. Any ideas much appreciated no matter how big or small.

It is coming together quite quickly from just having the idea about 2 weeks ago to having a date set in stone (Saturday 1st September). It is a date that works well for the Diabetes.co.uk team so that they can get all the relevant people there. THEY ARE INVITING LOW CARBERS THEMSELVES SO THATS GREAT. THE MORE THE MERRIER. It's not too far away so it's full steam ahead for planning. Lots of us chat and learn so much from the forum and read the inspirational stories, but I thought it would be really nice for as many of us as possible to have an actual get together. I have had lots of feedback from people who would like to attend which is absolutely amazing. Exciting times.

DIABETES.CO.UK are supporting us massively by sorting a venue, providing food and generally helping with putting the event together. it's a wonderful opportunity for us to meet fellow members face to face, for veterans and experienced members to share their heaps of knowledge and for newcomers to perhaps learn more about their condition and how to deal with it to avoid future complications. Peoples' journeys will be there for you to read, weight loss successes, information on how to reduce HBA1c levels to control blood sugars and enjoy life without complications, info on different ways to incorporate fasting into your journey should you so wish to and the different methods of doing that, ways to incorporate exercise, from armchair to high impact. Info on cholestrol.

We are hoping to have a section of people's recipes including breakfast ideas and cakes if you don't mind sharing these I am gathering your own personal recipes (not from a book or online blogger). Each recipe needs to have a title, for example 'looks horrendous but tastes divine' or 'my ultimate dessert'. There will be low carb food and drink information and much much more.

Lunch will be provided (low carb of course) PLEASE LET ME KNOW AS SOON AS POSSIBLE IF YOU CAN ATTEND. If you need any help in planning journeys please let me know as I might be able to help.

There will be a before and after photos section I NEED LOTS OF BEFORE AND AFTER PHOTOS FOLKS!!! and I'm looking for anyone who has lost weight with the LCHF woe to please contact me if they don't mind me using their photos at the event. I also need their weight loss details and HBA1c before and after. I have some kind volunteers already by many more needed. We would like to reach the '100 STONE LOST THE LCHF WAY AND REVERSED OUR DIABETES' mark. Would make a fantastic headline.It's just great to see and share the motivational results too.

The DIABETES.CO.UK photographer and PR team will be there to take a photo of our success (but you only need to get in front of the camera shot should you so wish and if you do.... bring your old big clothes!!!). WE THOUGHT OF HAVING AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE IN THE ONE PHOTO – MAXIMUM IMPACT SHOWING HOW THE LCHF HAS HELPED US LOSE WEIGHT AND OUR HBA1c LEVELS, CONTROL OUR BLOOD SUGARS AND ENJOY LIFE WITHOUT COMPLICATIONS. We are the people with this condition and as ambassadors there is no better way of getting the message out. Showing people there is another way that might not have to involve medication. That might mean the disease does not need to be progressive as we are led to believe. A healthier way of dealing with it. It's a great opportunity to show the world how eating LCHF can reverse/put into remission/control this beast and help us regain good health.

This will hopefully be the first of many meetings between us and we can go from strength to strength as a group with the help and support from DIABETES.CO.UK without which it would not be possible.

Please contact me for further information, if you have any questions/ideas or to confirm whether or not you might be able to attend. Many thanks.
I'd love to come along. I don't do low carb myself but am interested in finding out more. Do we need to give you our contact details or anything?

Reactions: Debandez

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Debandenz wow! Well done you! I’m definitely interested! I have actually lost weight but I don’t think it shows that much as I wasn’t massively big. Plus I’m rubbish with recipes lol!
But I managed to lower my HbA1C tremendously in just 3 months with the help from this forum! Can I send you the numbers?
Great job! See you there!!

Fantastic news! You must be absolutely delighted. The weight loss isn't the most important bit at the end of the day, you are controlling your BS and that IS the most important bit and that is reflected in your HBA1c!

Yes please @Mandi05 if you are happy to send them to my PM I am collating the info ready for our event! So good to hear you are joining us too. Looking forward to meeting you. Isn't it exciting.

Last edited:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A fantastic idea. Unfortunately i won't be able to go. If you ever organise one in Sheffield/Doncaster area I would definitely be interested.

Well @sarahlou72 I am keeping everything crossed that this is a roaring success (looking very promising I must say) and then we can do another in a different area. Wouldn't that be amazing.

Sorry you won't be able to make this one but I'm sure there will be lots of feedback on this brilliant forum. Thanks.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fantastic idea
Well done to everyone involved.
I shall be coming to improve my knowledge from those who are proof of its effectiveness.
I'll look out for updates

It's definitely a joint effort!

I've popped you on my 'attending' list @Jemz. Just awaiting confirmation from DCUK as to the max I can invite as they are funding this event.

They are hoping to get back to us with a venue by the end of the week too. They are supplying the invites also so it really will be very official. As soon as I have more info I will post a full update. It's coming together nicely. So far so good. Thanks for your reply.

Reactions: Jemz

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd love to come along. I don't do low carb myself but am interested in finding out more. Do we need to give you our contact details or anything?

That's brilliant news :) I have popped you on my 'attending' list. It would be great to have attendees there who want to learn about LCHF and its benefits with regard to controlling BS, putting this beast into remission or even reversing it. And losing weight is usually the icing on the low carb cake!

No need for contact details @JVH2310 as I will keep you updated via this forum. As soon as I get the venue confirmed (DCUK hoping by the end of the week) I will be giving a full update.

Reactions: JVH2310
Status
Not open for further replies.