Can Anyone Help Please - Event/meeting 1st September- Birmingham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I can't attend as I am on holiday on 1st September, otherwise I would seriously consider it.
I have some before photos but no after photos! I am usually the one behind the camera, but I will see what I can do.
I lost 33% of my body weight, BMI down from 31 to 21 (over 4 stones) and have maintained that weight loss for nearly 4 years.
My HbA1cs are irrelevant because my haemoglobin is not standard. Suffice it to say my diagnostic HbA1c was 53 and I have been coded as diabetes resolved since June 2014. My home HbA1c using A1cNow was 33.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
fantastic - they sound perfect - maybe we could do our own book!!! Food for diabetics BY diabetics (needs a catchier title though)!!! @Rachox you have another challenge!!! We need to sort this and take to Dragons Den:)

Ok I can see the front cover now!

LOW
C
arbs,
A
R
ecipe
B ook which
O f course
H elps
Y our
D iabetes and
R eally
A ll
T astes
E xcellent
S till!

:joyful::hilarious:

Reactions: DJC3 and Goonergal

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I can't attend as I am on holiday on 1st September, otherwise I would seriously consider it.
I have some before photos but no after photos! I am usually the one behind the camera, but I will see what I can do.
I lost 33% of my body weight, BMI down from 31 to 21 (over 4 stones) and have maintained that weight loss for nearly 4 years.
My HbA1cs are irrelevant because my haemoglobin is not standard. Suffice it to say my diagnostic HbA1c was 53 and I have been coded as diabetes resolved since June 2014. My home HbA1c using A1cNow was 33.
I think you are a really brilliant and inspirational case study as not only have you reduced your hbaca1 to normal levels and lost lots of weight but you’ve also maintained it for wow four years! The biggest argument dns have is often well you won’t be able to maintain eating like this so how good that you are so far down the road. I’ve only been maintaining for a few months and it’s great to hear about someone who’s keeping it going four years later. Previous diets - low fat high carb of course - have always resulted in putting back on and more - so this new way of eating is nothing short of revolutionary in that if you carry on you keep better health and a healthy weight.

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok I can see the front cover now!

LOW
C
arbs,
A
R
ecipe
B ook which
O f course
H elps
Y our
D iabetes and
R eally
A ll
T astes
E xcellent
S till!

:joyful::hilarious:

Is there no end to your talents!!! Bet you did that between cooking dinner.....ironing and dusting around your decor! Genius!!!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve always found my MySugr estimated HbA1cs are pretty close so I think if people don’t have an up to date Lab result it would be acceptable to use them. I’m not declaring mine yet as I have my next blood test this Monday.....

That's 2 of us thinking the same. Unanimous it is. Sorted!!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Hoping that this one goes well and there will be another in the pipeline. Would be an honour to meet you.

Get your selfie stick out :) need lots of before and after photos. Diabetes.co.uk (Natalie) emphasised this. Big help if you could do before and after. Thanks so much

Your results are inspirational. I've no doubt we will reach the 100 stone target at this rate. Well done on maintaining. That gives me great hope.

micra21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I might not be able to come to Birmingham as it's quite a distance from where I live. Largely, it will depend on time and venue but I should like to record my Hba1c fall. I was diagnosed in April this year with readings of 128/ 13.94% which seem to be a lot higher than the beginning readings of most contributors to this forum. At my second Hbaic, the figures were 53/ 7%. I attribute the fall to LCHF and intermittent fasting, although, I am, also, taking Metformin.

Reactions: DJC3

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How do I send a PM?

Click the little envelope next to your screen name, top right of the screen. Then you’ll see in grey ‘send a new Private Message’, click on those words. This will bring up three text boxes, the first type in the User name of who you want to message, just as you see it on screen. Then there’s a title box to fill in, then finally the main body of the message. Once they are all completed click on the green ‘send a private message box. Hope that helps :)

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Well done @Debandez for being a pivotal organiser. I would have been there but for 2 reasons, supporting my daughter in her promising football career and an Ireland business trip that same evening. I have done a couple of extremely small networking events featuring LCHF, so yours is goliath with the help of this site. I will follow with interest and hope we can get something similar for Colchester (or Anglia region) in future.

Reactions: Debandez

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done @Debandez for being a pivotal organiser. I would have been there but for 2 reasons, supporting my daughter in her promising football career and an Ireland business trip that same evening. I have done a couple of extremely small networking events featuring LCHF, so yours is goliath with the help of this site. I will follow with interest and hope we can get something similar for Colchester (or Anglia region) in future.
I don't know about pivotal organiser. It feels very much a team effort. It's grown from a tiny seed quite quickly. I hope it goes smoothly and runs well. It would be great to do another in a different area. Capturing more people as we go along. I would have loved to meet you. You have been so helpful on my journey. Thank you for all the time you give up to help. Good luck to your daughter. Sounds very exciting. And lucky you. A business trip to the Emerald isle. Do you need a PA!!!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I might not be able to come to Birmingham as it's quite a distance from where I live. Largely, it will depend on time and venue but I should like to record my Hba1c fall. I was diagnosed in April this year with readings of 128/ 13.94% which seem to be a lot higher than the beginning readings of most contributors to this forum. At my second Hbaic, the figures were 53/ 7%. I attribute the fall to LCHF and intermittent fasting, although, I am, also, taking Metformin.
From april you have reduced it by over 50%!!!! That is one of the best results ive seen! Well done. It would be great if you could make it. Further details will follow this next week. Don't worry if you can't. I have noted your hba1c figures. Have you lost weight also? I suspect you have lost quite a lot! Well done. LCHF is an amazing woe. And IF can be very beneficial also.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You're welcome to use my muffin, etc, variation recipes listed in our low carb recipes thread here: https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/low-carb-recipes.4871/page-48#post-987609

And I don't think it's in that list but from another post: one of my winter treats is cranberry muffi-ns, I just add a spoonful of fresh or defrosted/frozen (NOT dried!!) cranberries and a bit of ground cinnamon and orange zest, and maybr a little orange juice or essence as well to my basic muffin mix. So, a nice one for the beginning to think about Christmas time of the year

Robbity

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You're welcome to use my muffin, etc, variation recipes listed in our low carb recipes thread here: https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/low-carb-recipes.4871/page-48#post-987609

And I don't think it's in that list but from another post: one of my winter treats is cranberry muffi-ns, I just add a spoonful of fresh or defrosted/frozen (NOT dried!!) cranberries and a bit of ground cinnamon and orange zest, and maybr a little orange juice or essence as well to my basic muffin mix. So, a nice one for the beginning to think about Christmas time of the year

Robbity
Thanks @Robbity I will pass this to @shelley262 who is collating. The way this year is going it will soon be Christmas!!!

micra21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
From april you have reduced it by over 50%!!!! That is one of the best results ive seen! Well done. It would be great if you could make it. Further details will follow this next week. Don't worry if you can't. I have noted your hba1c figures. Have you lost weight also? I suspect you have lost quite a lot! Well done. LCHF is an amazing woe. And IF can be very beneficial also.
I was actually not overweight to begin with at 8st 10lbs but I have lost 12lbs, i.e. now 7st 12lbs but still within normal BMI.

CoastGirl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Debandez, sounds like it will be a great event however not sure I'll be able to make it but will try as would be great to meet up with people I have read so much about!

Been on the forum for 2.5 years and here is my brief story. Was diagnosed Type 2 in December 2015 with an HbA1c of 64, weight 75kg and advised to go on metformin which I declined. Immediately found this website, bought a meter and started a LCH lifestyle. Three months after diagnosis my HbA1c was 40 and weight down to 66kg. Now 2.5 years on my weight is 59kg and my HbA1c hovers around 38. So in summary, have lost 16kgs in weight and bought HbA1c into non diabetic range. Certainly do not need to loose any more weight but would be delighted if my HbA1c drops a little further. Just as an add on all other bloods are in optimal range including fasting insulin which I have tested privately.

Would be happy for you to use the above info but sadly no before and after photos. Please do keep me updated on the meeting in the event I may be able to attend and good luck with it all.

Reactions: DJC3

Crocodile

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I can't have it often
I'm on the other side of the world so obviously can't come along. I'll be there in spirit. May I ask who the intended audience may be. Just thinking that if it is all low carbers its a bit like preaching to the converted. Now, how to get possible converts to attend.

Status
Not open for further replies.