What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal maybe your body is being protective after yesterdays Iron Woman heroics on "42g bag salted almonds "?

You might be on to something there! Didn’t really feel hungry yesterday while out and about, but late evening and all today body was screaming for food!

Your family gathering sounds great.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning All. FBG 5.9 again. Less busy day today but hiding from sun later. Going home on Wed for 2 days to turn things round there then back to Kent for a couple more days. At least me being here my poor friend is managing to get a bit food down her. The sickness is so bad the first week she cant go near the kitchen. Hope it never happens to me or my nearest and dearest (though statisticlly it will). Tough if you live alone and dont have family. Have a good Monday all. Hope @shelley262 you enjoyed your birthday. Can you direct me, at your leisure, to the choc olive oil cake recipe?
Hi @PenguinMum
Here is link to the cHoc cake
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=nigella's+chocolate+olive+oil+cake&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari
Ps ignore the or flour! It’s def a ground almond one for the low carb version! We work it out at under 2g of carbs per slice and it’s yummy.
It’s Nigella but I and others adapt it by replacing sugar. I use erythritol in same weight as the sugar and I also separate the egg yolks and whites - use the yolks where it says add eggs but whip egg whites to soft peaks and then fold whites in at end. When not a celebration I makein two loaf tins so can freeze one it’s rich so you don’t need a huge bit to get the choc and cake hit! All family like this one and it makes a great celebration cake topped with whipped cream and berries! Ours has already gone! Shows how popular it is with family - promise I didn’t eat the whole birthday cake!

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

was 4.3 this morning

was up and out early today, we had to take the car in first thing for it's MOT but since it is mr. gee's birthday today we went off for the day, enjoyed a nice day out with a tasty LC lunch then went to see mum and took her some cake :)

A good day out, lovely weather and thankfully the car passed it's MOT after 1 minor issue was sorted ;)

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Goodnight everyone getting to bed early tonight as I’ve had a bit of a rubbish day with stomach pains and I can’t even take pain killers due to a very weird dream involving big black bugs coming out of my pain killers in the dream I was taking the tablets and I had an awful taste in my mouth then these bugs came out of my mouth :yuck: anyway tonight’s BG is 8.8 night all

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Goodnight everyone getting to bed early tonight as I’ve had a bit of a rubbish day with stomach pains and I can’t even take pain killers due to a very weird dream involving big black bugs coming out of my pain killers in the dream I was taking the tablets and I had an awful taste in my mouth then these bugs came out of my mouth :yuck: anyway tonight’s BG is 8.8 night all
Goidnight ziggy hope your pain eases xx

Reactions: Cumberland

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @PenguinMum
Here is link to the cHoc cake
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=nigella's+chocolate+olive+oil+cake&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari
Ps ignore the or flour! It’s def a ground almond one for the low carb version! We work it out at under 2g of carbs per slice and it’s yummy.
It’s Nigella but I and others adapt it by replacing sugar. I use erythritol in same weight as the sugar and I also separate the egg yolks and whites - use the yolks where it says add eggs but whip egg whites to soft peaks and then fold whites in at end. When not a celebration I makein two loaf tins so can freeze one it’s rich so you don’t need a huge bit to get the choc and cake hit! All family like this one and it makes a great celebration cake topped with whipped cream and berries! Ours has already gone! Shows how popular it is with family - promise I didn’t eat the whole birthday cake!
@shelley262 thanks so much for the recipe and the added tips. I can see that being a big hit in my house. Ziggy hope you wake up much better tomo. Night All.

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
......Its still very warm here, just gone first light and I find myself awake. My computer is downstairs in a separate building to were I sleep, on the way here I met a rather curious, bushy tailed young fox, female I think. She doesn't stay long nor does the tabby cat who I haven't seen before. The one legged gull on the roof, his mate and their chick are more than happy to stop and stare. It makes me feel like its a good start to another day. 5.5 this morning....Enjoy your day if you possibly can...

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So far so good....

Lovely and quiet here too, which is especially welcome as there is a major problem with anti social behaviour in the park opposite my block in the evenings during the summer. Major campaign under way with my neighbours involving the local MP. Meanwhile I’m fantasising about buying an extremely large and powerful hose that could be targeted appropriately from the safety of an upper window!

Reactions: HarryBeau