Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Jemz

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
8.6 ..... Probably high because
My carbs of 80g were mostly from a ridiculous amount of 85% chocolate...oops
Forgot my 3rd dose of metformin ... lame
Have been eating 3 meals a day instead of fasting 16 hours ...hmmm

Terrytiddy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have been debating with myself whether I could drop my metformin without doctor's advice. What are the consequences?do I have to be very strict with my carbs?
Hi @Keesha I dropped all my meds (except one blood pressure one) without my Dr advice, so its up to you. You could just try it and see how you feel. As for the carbs again whatever suits you. Carbs are not the best friend for diabetics, I have less than 10g a day. :)

Reactions: JanetMcDowell

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk
I have been debating with myself whether I could drop my metformin without doctor's advice. What are the consequences?do I have to be very strict with my carbs?

I dropped them after talking to the doctor but if you can’t control it you can go back on them again just give it time and see what happens
I would expect your figures to rise a wee bit but not to much that you
Can’t control by diet or exercise

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi @Keesha I dropped all my meds (except one blood pressure one) without my Dr advice, so its up to you. You could just try it and see how you feel. As for the carbs again whatever suits you. Carbs are not the best friend for diabetics, I have less than 10g a day. :)

Thanks for your advice. Will consider it one of these days when my fbs are more consistent and low.