Sharing inspirational photos after LCHF anyone?

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
EVENT UPDATE – SATURDAY 1ST SEPTEMBER - BIRMINGHAM

It's all coming along very nicely. Which is just as well as it's only just over 2 weeks away! It's very exciting.

• We have the venue booked (menu still to be confirmed)

• Hotel rooms booked for the Friday night for those arriving the day before

• We have guest speaker on the day (DCUK)

• We have their PR team on hand for the event. Hoping this is really going to spread our LCHF woe to control BS message.

• We have had invites produced and they have been sent to all interested parties
***PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED ONE AND HAVE PREVIOUSLY CONFIRMED THAT YOU LIKE TO ATTEND ASAP AND I CAN SQUEEZE A COUPLE MORE IN IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO JOIN US ***

• @Rachox has finished the Blood Sugar leaflet and it's looking fab….u…..lous. It's just perfect. Says everything and right to the point.

• @shelley262 has almost finished the low carb recipes with hints and tips booklet and it is already looking amazing, I really love how she has put it all together, it's making me want to start cooking!! Jam packed with great info.

• I have done the first draft of the Inspirational Stories booklet and will be sending it to all those included for them to check, to see if they are happy, want to edit, add, send pics (some have some haven't either way is fine obviously) etc. This should be out over the next 2 days to you.

• I have reached well over 100 stone on my 'we kicked diabetes' butt and shrank ours at the same time' spreadsheet. And really this is just the tip of the iceberg. There are so many many more.

• I have name badges and am thinking of adding both forum name and first 'real' name and will contact to confirm where I am not already aware. Obviously it isn't compulsory to give names.
THE PHOTOS ON THE DAY

This is how I see it going. We go to the venue in our nice gear, we will be in a group photo (those who wish to be in it) showing how we look now. I'm wearing something that shows off the weight loss well! And there will be a photo where we pop on our big trousers (or skirt etc. as the case may be) to show how much we have lost whilst putting our diabetes into remission/reversing/controlling (this may be a small amount or a large amount, it doesn't matter). I got rid of all mine so will be popping to a charity shop or Primarni to pick up an item in my old size. DCUK did say that t shirts may be provided for the day but it was going to be down to budget. There will be an opportunity to answer a few simple questions on video (should you wish to partake) these may be added to the DCUK website as a way of helping and guiding others. I personally love to hear real people's success stories.

QUESTIONS

1) I'm thinking of doing a life size eat well plate for what we are advised to eat and one for what we eat to keep our blood sugars controlled!! But the what we should eat would vary from person to person on here, some do keto, others various amounts of carbs, proteins, fats so it could prove difficult. Has anyone any ideas on this? Might have to leave it.

2) I was hoping to do a leaflet on simple exercises, from armchair to high power. I won't have time, and probably not the best person to do this as I really only walk! I might just have to leave this to one side and maybe think about it for the next event :) Have to think about copy write too. Anyone have any ideas how we could do something on an A4 size sheet for example to keep it simple?

Can I just take this opportunity to say a massive thanks for all your help. Could NOT have got this off the ground without all the help I have received. You are such an amazing bunch of people.

Aldebaran

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A lovely member on here give me the courage to show pictures of me before and after my weight loss. To reverse the Diabetes means the World to me. In the second one I was very big..19 stone, maybe a little more and in the first one I had lost about 2 stone at that point. The third picture was from last year where I'd lost about 7 stone. I began my weight loss journey in June/July of 2016. The one at the end was last year at our Pearl Anniversary party and the two head shots are the most recent ones. I now weigh 10 stone, 9Ibs. I'm no longer shy of the camera and I'm the old me who is far better, even is she's a tad crazy at times :)

Attachments

• myweightjourney.jpg
    myweightjourney.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 516
Reactions: Speedbird

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A lovely member on here give me the courage to show pictures of me before and after my weight loss. To reverse the Diabetes means the World to me. In the second one I was very big..19 stone, maybe a little more and in the first one I had lost about 2 stone at that point. The third picture was from last year where I'd lost about 7 stone. I began my weight loss journey in June/July of 2016. The one at the end was last year at our Pearl Anniversary party and the two head shots are the most recent ones. I now weigh 10 stone, 9Ibs. I'm no longer shy of the camera and I'm the old me who is far better, even is she's a tad crazy at times :)

What a transformation, Alderbaron. You must feel fabulous. How does your husband feel about the changes you have made?

Reactions: Aldebaran

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow well done you look amazing and you are definitely going backwards in the ageing process much younger! Amazing

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Wow! You look like your own younger sister! Well done you!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

A....MAZ.....ING. FAB....U....LAS. Well done on such a wonderful achievement. You look so different! So much younger. I love threads that show before and after pics. The journey is right there before your eyes. Your smile says it all. Great you have posted as it will help others and spur them on. Inspirational. So glad you got the confidence to post these.

Aldebaran

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What a transformation, Alderbaron. You must feel fabulous. How does your husband feel about the changes you have made?

Thanks DCUK and yes I do feel amazing. I absolutely love feeling like this. I love clothes shopping again because I find my sizes are normally always there and the old me is back. I love it.
Wow well done you look amazing and you are definitely going backwards in the ageing process much younger! Amazing
Thanks shelley, that is a huge compliment. I was always lithe in build but the cravings took over and the real me got lost among the weight. I feel younger too and you can't put a price tag on that as it's wonderful.
Wow! You look like your own younger sister! Well done you!
Thank you Rachox. I've had a few people say the same thing to me and I can see what you all mean. I'm shocked at what weight can do to you. I'm so glad I've done this.
A....MAZ.....ING. FAB....U....LAS. Well done on such a wonderful achievement. You look so different! So much younger. I love threads that show before and after pics. The journey is right there before your eyes. Your smile says it all. Great you have posted as it will help others and spur them on. Inspirational. So glad you got the confidence to post these.
Thank you Debandez. This is why people who're doing this need to take before and after pictures. I wish I'd have had the guts to take a proper before picture but I was so down about my weight that I couldn't stand to look at myself when I was big. Thankfully I've found a few though that shows the difference. I love to smile and do so at every opportunity. I do hope it helps others who're struggling. It isn't an easy journey but it is so worth it.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't take many photos, but I just found a belt I used to wear, got to the last hole on it - tried it on and from fastening on hole one, it now fastens on hole eight!!!
That is two holes tighter than when I first got it (the leather is polished by the roller on the buckle proportionately to the amount of time worn) I never even wore it on hole 7 - and that belt is at least a decade old.
Odd how things can creep up on you.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Wow @Aldebaran a fantastic transformation and thanks for posting - I think it helps to inspire others.

Gran25

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow! What a collection of amazing people with such positive results. Just what I needed today. Thank you all for being here and so supportive to others who are on the same journey... it really helps.

Aldebaran

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
She left him for George Clooney!

That made me giggle. I would prefer Michael Weatherly though :playful::playful:
Wow @Aldebaran a fantastic transformation and thanks for posting - I think it helps to inspire others.

Thanks Goonergal. I'm glad I posted it especially if it helps to inspire others along with everyone's posts here :)

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Amazing transformations guys, fraid I look the same as when I joined, so no point posting. I'm 12 st. And think I always will be.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Amazing transformations guys, fraid I look the same as when I joined, so no point posting. I'm 12 st. And think I always will be.

It's not just about the weight though Dawn, have your number improved for example??? x

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I have not lost weight for maybe six months, but I don't have much that I can wear from last Eastertime, I am at least one size smaller, possibly two sizes in skirts. It's not the mass, its the volume.

Reactions: Debandez

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all

A very old thread, but most inspiring still.

Have a cousin T2D, been a massive help to me in so many ways since my accident , and rekindled a deep friendship.

Chatting about our T2D journeys, for various reasons she ended up on insulin.

Discussed how useful this forum has been for me, and was reminded of the weight loss pics, @Debandez @Goonergal & @shelley262 amongst others posted up as a group, and iirc two of them in one pair of the 'old them' trousers

Wonder if anyone could help me find that post or pic ?

Trying to persuade cousin of merits of such a like minded group & pic would clearly concentrate the mind to "possibles" even if these marvellous testimonies & pic unlikely fail.

Cheers :)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
……Discussed how useful this forum has been for me, and was reminded of the weight loss pics, @Debandez @Goonergal & @shelley262 amongst others posted up as a group, and iirc two of them in one pair of the 'old them' trousers

Wonder if anyone could help me find that post or pic ?

Trying to persuade cousin of merits of such a like minded group & pic would clearly concentrate the mind to "possibles" even if these marvellous testimonies & pic unlikely fail.

Cheers :)

I think this is the picture you are looking for! It does include @Goonergal @Debandez @shelley262 and me amongst others!

BF1401DC-567D-4B2F-9BD5-AAE997EE7753.jpeg

Reactions: Debandez

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A brilliant response @Rachox

Yes that's the pic

I must have got confused about pics

Have sent to her , FANTASTIC was the reply